Follow the development of Armed with Wings 3..
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Production Blog Entry #10

by Daniel Sun Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:23 pm

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'll let ya'll in on how I work. When things are working well and I can quickly see good results, I get on a working high. When I'm on a working high, I'm able to produce my best work rather than forcing it. Now helpfully I'll stay high until the game is done.
This took awhile to make, but I've got a strong conversation system. Was rather annoying to make, but It's much more dynamic than AwW2 conversations.

It was important to get this system right. The home sections of the game felt very lonely. Hopfuly I'll be able to have lots of NPCs walking around that you can talk to.

I'm so happy with this particular drawing. It's part of a cutscene.

Now the game is good enough to show to sponsors.
That's all. Discuss.
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

Re: Production Blog Entry #10

by QwertyFail Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:39 pm

WOW!!!
I too am finally seeing the darkest of the days over and finally seeing Daniel reaching OVER enlightenment and becoming a Kratos-like GOD!!!

I am pretty sure that is Eivana in that picture, but if I'm wrong then I'll have to wait for the game to come out and reveal me the awesomeness from within. :D

If that is really Eivana though, then my prediction is correct! SHE LIVES!!! :D :) ;)
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:31 am

Daniel Sun wrote:I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'll let ya'll in on how I work. When things are working well and I can quickly see good results, I get on a working high. When I'm on a working high, I'm able to produce my best work rather than forcing it. Now helpfully I'll stay high until the game is done.
This took awhile to make, but I've got a strong conversation system. Was rather annoying to make, but It's much more dynamic than AwW2 conversations.

It was important to get this system right. The home sections of the game felt very lonely. Hopfuly I'll be able to have lots of NPCs walking around that you can talk to.

I'm so happy with this particular drawing. It's part of a cutscene.

Now the game is good enough to show to sponsors.
That's all. Discuss.

Damn that looks awesome, and naaaww you made Leo look too cute in the last pic
(No Homo lol)

Oh and that's definitely Eivana
I'd know her Silhouette anywhere
lol
I just can't wait for this game, Gamer-gasm? o.O
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:05 am

Question here!

Is Leo a teenager here? Cause he IS shorter than Eivana, or maybe Eivana just drank a lot of milk and took some calcium pills... :) :) :)
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:49 am

Leo is a teenager. He's like 13 or something.
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:53 am

Daniel Sun wrote:Leo is a teenager. He's like 13 or something.

Oh I see, so it kinda means a child is going to save the world, or destroy it (but hey that's just me)...

---------->Alternate endings? I love and hate those...<----------
NintendoAgent
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by NintendoAgent Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:47 am

I liked how you drew Leo in those colors along with the detailed fist in the UI
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:14 am

Daniel Sun wrote:Leo is a teenager. He's like 13 or something.

13 years..Dan are you nuts...i thought that he had 30 years in the game :lol: :lol: ...of wath the hell..the game looks asome man :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Armed with Waffles
Black Hole
Black Hole

by Armed with Waffles Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:31 pm

Wow looks cool. I think that the Contrast chapters are very very connected to this game.
Dan are the Contrast chapters related to this game and if so does it take place before or after AwW 2.
GENTLEMAN!
Chop of my head with such velocity
that my blood will rocket through my neck,
and propel my lifeless body
ALL THE WAY TO PHOENIX!!!

Woooow... Yo, what's in Phoenix?

Why, it's your mama Steve.
GET THE AXE!!!
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:21 pm

Armed with Waffles wrote:Wow looks cool. I think that the Contrast chapters are very very connected to this game.
Dan are the Contrast chapters related to this game and if so does it take place before or after AwW 2.

The only related elements is that Eivana is still Leo Mother, and Leo is the main character.
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:02 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:
Armed with Waffles wrote:Wow looks cool. I think that the Contrast chapters are very very connected to this game.

The only related elements is that Eivana is still Leo Mother, and Leo is the main character.

:shock: Hmmmm, then who's the father? Hawkin for someone else? :D
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole

by VandheerLorde Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:18 pm

Yeay! he is just a little, normal kid ;) playing around, having pets ( that bird :) ) thinking about girls ( i bet, i did when i was 13 :) :lol: ) and KILLING THINGS WITH HIS FISTS AND SWINGING A SWORD AND USING AWSOME SUPER POWERS!! ( I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT TO :o )

and he looks so little and cute on thouse pics when he is next to his mother. haha..

( :shock: :o :? isn't wandheer Lorde like.. ALOT bigger then Eviana? then he'll be about 2 times the hight of little Leo!! :o :shock: :? )
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:32 pm

VandheerLorde wrote:Yeay! he is just a little, normal kid ;) playing around, having pets ( that bird :) ) thinking about girls ( i bet, i did when i was 13 :) :lol: ) and KILLING THINGS WITH HIS FISTS AND SWINGING A SWORD AND USING AWSOME SUPER POWERS!! ( I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT TO :o )

and he looks so little and cute on thouse pics when he is next to his mother. haha..

( :shock: :o :? isn't wandheer Lorde like.. ALOT bigger then Eviana? then he'll be about 2 times the hight of little Leo!! :o :shock: :? )

he will ask vandher ''How is the weather up there'' :lol: :lol: :lol:
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:48 pm

This is a joke, but what if the storyline is kinda like Star Wars???

Leo: You killed my father!!!
Vandheer: No Leo, I AM your father!!!
Leo: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

:shock: :? :lol:
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:25 pm

QwertyFail wrote:This is a joke, but what if the storyline is kinda like Star Wars???

could be....I doubt it tho, if anything, I think it could be that big guy, or maybe the father is dead :(

Eivana must've had Leo at an early age, cos she's still quite the looker hahahaha :D
Ya'know I think in some way that Aww and Vandheer are brothers (I know, tis a crazy conclusion)
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:37 am

Vandheer Lorde II wrote:
QwertyFail wrote:This is a joke, but what if the storyline is kinda like Star Wars???

could be....I doubt it tho, if anything, I think it could be that big guy, or maybe the father is dead :(

Eivana must've had Leo at an early age, cos she's still quite the looker hahahaha :D
Ya'know I think in some way that Aww and Vandheer are brothers (I know, tis a crazy conclusion)

no is not crazy...is a very good conclusion..butt we stiild don't know who is evel:Vandher and AWW :| :| :|
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:04 am

Cosminel wrote:
Vandheer Lorde II wrote:

no is not crazy...is a very good conclusion..butt we stiild don't know who is evel:Vandher and AWW :| :| :|

Sooooo, let's go to family issues (not really). IF Hawken was Eivana's man, and that he "supposedly" broke up with her after the events of AwW2, then who would be the father? :? :? :?

Random: If you guys still remember from Red Moon, I really liked how Hawken was like: "Shit...shit...shit...SHIT! SHIT!! SHIT!!! SHIT!!!! SHIT!!!!! SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" after he got pwned by Vandheer. :D
Armed with Waffles
Black Hole
Black Hole

by Armed with Waffles Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:59 pm

Wow. Eivana is Leo's mom. That's ....... intresting. I think the main question here is when are we rather than who is Leo's father. Eivana could have a child before AwW 2 and then Vandheer killed him and that's why Eivana is angry with him. Or could be after, and it turns out Eivana lives happily with his kid, and something happens, and he must stop it. And Leo will be the hero and bla bla bla. Now I'm sure that Hawken willl be in the game if Eivana is too. Though he could be either a hero or a villain. And we saw Vandheer, wich means he got out of that box he was trapped in or that event is yet to come. If he got out than soeone evil must be involved or MAYBE THE GOOD GUYS BRING VANDHEER OUT BECAUSE HE'S THE ONLY ONE WHO COULD STOP THAT EVIL, THAT EVEN BLACKMIST CAN'T. Though it seems he wasn't in a mood for cooperating.
Wow now that's an insane prediction.

-- Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:03 pm --

By the way wouldn't the conversation be much more funny if it would go like this:
Luke I'm your father.
Noooooooo that can't be!
Well yeah you're right. I'm actually your brother.
Nooooooooo.
Nope, I'm your........... best friend. Let's rule the galxy together, okay?
GENTLEMAN!

GET THE AXE!!!
Aku saturos
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Aku saturos Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:32 pm

Very funny Eivana is taller than Leo :lol: i thought leo is Matured in AWW3 hahaha but yet hes still 13. Dan what sponsor did you choose anyway? Was it kingdom.com?

I like it when hawken says "Shit.....Shit shit shit SHIT!!"
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:35 pm

Armed with Waffles wrote:Wow. Eivana is Leo's mom. That's ....... intresting. I think the main question here is when are we rather than who is Leo's father. Eivana could have a child before AwW 2 and then Vandheer killed him and that's why Eivana is angry with him. Or could be after, and it turns out Eivana lives happily with his kid, and something happens, and he must stop it. And Leo will be the hero and bla bla bla. Now I'm sure that Hawken willl be in the game if Eivana is too. Though he could be either a hero or a villain. And we saw Vandheer, wich means he got out of that box he was trapped in or that event is yet to come. If he got out than soeone evil must be involved or MAYBE THE GOOD GUYS BRING VANDHEER OUT BECAUSE HE'S THE ONLY ONE WHO COULD STOP THAT EVIL, THAT EVEN BLACKMIST CAN'T. Though it seems he wasn't in a mood for cooperating.
Wow now that's an insane prediction.

-- Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:03 pm --

By the way wouldn't the conversation be much more funny if it would go like this:
Luke I'm your father.
Noooooooo that can't be!
Well yeah you're right. I'm actually your brother.
Nooooooooo.
Nope, I'm your........... best friend. Let's rule the galxy together, okay?

Yea I would guess that Leo comes to Vandheer for help and Vandheer says something like "beat me and then i'll help you" Or maybe Leo just needs info on the Swords of Eden.....?
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:48 am

I was also gonna ask if you have found a sponsor yet, so have you found one? If so then how long would it take to finish up the deal?

-- Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:00 pm --

Sorry one more important question that kinda goes off topic...

What is Armed With Wings real name? I think there's something that's going on...
Kalk

by Kalk Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:48 am

QwertyFail wrote:I was also gonna ask if you have found a sponsor yet, so have you found one? If so then how long would it take to finish up the deal?

What is Armed With Wings real name? I think there's something that's going on...

Please exercise patience.
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:13 am

Kalk wrote:
QwertyFail wrote:I was also gonna ask if you have found a sponsor yet, so have you found one? If so then how long would it take to finish up the deal?

Please exercise patience.

I apologize dearly, I think... Oh Noooooo..... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Armed with Waffles
Black Hole
Black Hole

by Armed with Waffles Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:05 am

The Sun-Studios website team would be grateful if questions about the release date would be kept in our fingers, and not shared with our keyboard. I am certain they wanted to tell us something like this. But of course it's extremely hard for us, please understand. But we're trying to understand it from your perspective. Still you have to admit that being patient is F*****ing HARD. Man it's killing me that we 're only a few steps from the end of the long road.
GENTLEMAN!

GET THE AXE!!!
Aku saturos
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Aku saturos Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:20 pm

The hand writings is more cooler than Aww2. Cause Aww2 lettering are seem to be very advance.
Return to Armed with Wings 3 Production Blog