Vandheer Speed Painting!

All the latest news here..
Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:27 am

• Some concept art of the great Vandheer! It's been too long since my last speed painting. TOO LONG!
    Some interesting notes:

-New Shoulder armor
    -Furred coat replaced by furred cape
    -Bottle of water (which he can manipulate)
    -Glowing mask

Daniel Sun
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:33 pm

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:55 pm

• ahahaha xD when i watched the speedpaint on youtube, and you made his mask glow red, I were like: "wait, i have always seen Vandheers color as blue, not red.. oh well, it's cool anyway"

and here i see a blue-masked version :lol: So awesome, someone thinks alike :D
    Personal records in Armed With Wings Culmination:
    Highest End-game score: 260
    Highest In-game score: -
    Highest attack combo: 115
    Fastest Easy-mode Run-time: -
    Fastest Hard-mode Run-time: -
    Fastest Vandheer Killing-time: 24 sec
    VandheerLorde
    Super Nova
    Super Nova

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:07 am

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:39 am

• Vandheer Lorde II wrote:JIZZED

Vandheer Lorde II, by the power invested in me as a member of the SUPREME 'BLACKMIST' COUNCIL I hearby decree ,you and no other party shall be granted exclusive access and permission to use this picture..... in any way you want, excluding : to make profit.
    3lijahG
    Black Mist
    Black Mist

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:02 am

• Hmm... it's pretty, but personally, I've always thought of Mr. Vandheer as a sorta 'drab' character.
    Whenever I see him, his clothes are not too ornate, he's got some sort of sleeveless thing going on, and his mask... doesn't glow.
    To me, that is where I connect with him, as I see a man who doesn't look like a god, yet manages to look and be almost invincible.
    I do like the flask though, even if it reminds me of Avatar: The Last Airbender a bit.
    lvlsomething
    Nova
    Nova

Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:36 pm

• lvlsomething wrote:Hmm... it's pretty, but personally, I've always thought of Mr. Vandheer as a sorta 'drab' character.
    Whenever I see him, his clothes are not too ornate, he's got some sort of sleeveless thing going on, and his mask... doesn't glow.
    To me, that is where I connect with him, as I see a man who doesn't look like a god, yet manages to look and be almost invincible.
    I do like the flask though, even if it reminds me of Avatar: The Last Airbender a bit.

Agreed :lol: I also thought about Avatar: the last airbender, about the bottle of water thingy..

But honestly, I never really imagined Vandheer as someone who controls water :?

My first encounter with Vandheer was in Aww1, where I found him just sh*t scary.. slowly, walking, almost limping. ever so calmly talking, just acting so dame nonchalant and casual. But then..
    KABOOM! MAGIC ALL THE WAY! Teleporting, those quick jabs with his bare hands, knocking you through half the room. Running at you like some bloodthirsty beast, shooting magic projectiles at me, knocking you away with they nova-burst thingy, and then that OP SUPER BLAST, if struck by it = instant kill off the edge.

At this point, I saw his magic as just that: Magic. Blue magical energy.

in Aww2, I guess the water sword could have been a clue, but i didn't think anything about it, I still just thought about it as blue magical energy. Still the same thing in Red moon.
    It was first in Aww3, where the attack was named: Ice ball, that it ever got to me that he was shooting some element. And honestly, again, I more saw it as cold magical energy, and not as frozen water. same thing in Culmination "..your ice grip.." As Vandheer's personality being cold and nonchalant.
    But i have never really imagined Vandheer as manipulating water.
    Sure, I KNOW Vandheer is based on your "water master" art you made. (Art i found first around the wait between Red Moon and AwW3) But still, just saying, I has always imagined Vandheer more as manipulating magical blue energy, instead of manipulating water.
    VandheerLorde
    Super Nova
    Super Nova

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:24 pm

• 3lijahG wrote:but the fundamental question still remained as to where did the water/ ice come from? thin air?

this is an okay answer to that... though it makes him seem a bit more 'human' than the in-humane menace were used to

chackra :twisted:
    Cosminel
    Black Mist
    Black Mist

Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:53 pm

Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:03 am

• VandheerLorde wrote:
    lvlsomething wrote:Hmm... it's pretty, but personally, I've always thought of Mr. Vandheer as a sorta 'drab' character.

Agreed :lol: I also thought about Avatar: the last airbender, about the bottle of water thingy..

But honestly, I never really imagined Vandheer as someone who controls water :?

My first encounter with Vandheer was in Aww1, where I found him just sh*t scary.. slowly, walking, almost limping. ever so calmly talking, just acting so dame nonchalant and casual. But then..
    KABOOM! MAGIC ALL THE WAY! Teleporting, those quick jabs with his bare hands, knocking you through half the room. Running at you like some bloodthirsty beast, shooting magic projectiles at me, knocking you away with they nova-burst thingy, and then that OP SUPER BLAST, if struck by it = instant kill off the edge.

At this point, I saw his magic as just that: Magic. Blue magical energy.

in Aww2, I guess the water sword could have been a clue, but i didn't think anything about it, I still just thought about it as blue magical energy. Still the same thing in Red moon.
    It was first in Aww3, where the attack was named: Ice ball, that it ever got to me that he was shooting some element. And honestly, again, I more saw it as cold magical energy, and not as frozen water. same thing in Culmination "..your ice grip.." As Vandheer's personality being cold and nonchalant.
    But i have never really imagined Vandheer as manipulating water.
    Sure, I KNOW Vandheer is based on your "water master" art you made. (Art i found first around the wait between Red Moon and AwW3) But still, just saying, I has always imagined Vandheer more as manipulating magical blue energy, instead of manipulating water.

Firstly @3lijahG I overrule your council.
    and i shunt use thy pic anyway.

secondly, i agree with Vandheer...
    Blue magic/ energy just seems more like him, that being said, the Water sword deffinately suits him
    Vandheer Lorde II

Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:12 pm

• Vandheer Lorde II wrote:secondly, i agree with Vandheer...
    Blue magic/ energy just seems more like him, that being said, the Water sword deffinately suits him

True that, even tho the "water sword" he is using in culmination and AwW3 is a different water sword then the one in AwW2 (less details, A LOT smaller..) it still suits him well I have to say.

But I also like that "short" small, slim sword he starts with in AwW2 (and uses to slay LW in the intro of AwW) and uses in Red Moon..
    Just played through that, Man, it was harder then I remembered, died a lot.. even tho the game is divided in two parts. One boring, easy "tutorial" part, with a really easy and not much fun at all boss. And then a darker, more challenging, fun tricky part. Even tho there is not much fighting, the jumping puzzles are both hard and fun, would like to see more of those Dan :D ..but anyway. I in general like the Vandheer in Red Moon. Only bad thing i can think of is that you can easily walk up to him and start attacking him (something you fixed in Culmination :twisted: ) else, i really, REALLY love that vandheer fight. A thing that makes it unique is that it has walls on it's sides, making it impossible for you to fall of the edge, actually having you to live through all the torment he puts you through before he finally kills you painfully. And then just all the randomness, shoots projectiles at you (they are fast those little buggers!) randomly teleports in behind you( :twisted: ) and uses different combos at you, it's not just the general "swing-swing-swing-SWING!", but he uses different attack combos, and he uses ALL his assets. Swords, hands, Feet, teleportation, magic, EVERYTHING! Just the simple thing that he uses his entire body and all his assets when fighting you just makes him so much more badass!! I am actually almost kinda sad you(Dan) "removed" that part of Vandheers personality in AwW3 and Culmination :?

But yea, I am staring to mumble and this is turing into a wall of text (again) but to sum things up, 2nd half of Red Moon, MUCH greater than the 2st half, and a GREAT Vandheer fight. And to top it all. THE MOST EPIC CUTSCENE IN ALL OF THE ARMED WITH WINGS UNIVERSE! I mean, really! Man! That cutscene is EPIC! Make more of those in that style! Again, showing how Vandheer badassly, calmly fights back against two opponents, AND WIN! he easily block their attacks and counters with a badass kick :twisted: and then blocks Eviana's magic, by GRABING IT, AND TOSSING IT AWAY! c'mon guys! you have to agree that (again) is pretty BAD-ASS! )

Well, what I guess I am trying to say with this post is (besides saying Vandheer is badass ;) is that I really enjoyed the "older" Vandheer personality style where he uses his full body to fight against you and where his focus were more on control and speed, than on raw power and big swords. And also, man :lol: in the next AwW games generation, make cutscenes like the one in RedMoon!
    VandheerLorde
    Super Nova
    Super Nova

Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:35 am

Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:40 am

• Omar wrote:Reminds me of Darth Vader in midevil times. Leo i am your father. lol

Omar has a point! This scenario could totally make sense! :o
    QwertyFail
    Black Mist
    Black Mist

Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:46 am

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:01 am

• 3lijahG wrote:armed with infringment

trolololll!!!

Hahaa :lol:

But no, that is not the case, because it was stated that Eviana became pregnant virgin, or at least.. ya, you know :? .. Leo does not have a "father"
    (let's NOT start a discussion whether about what characters in the AwW universe has gotten laid now, please :lol: )

(and just on a side not on the topic, in RedMoon, it is hinted that Hawkins has a thing for Eviana, sure that not He is Leo's father, but Eviana not proud of it because she did not go through with 'it' 100% willingly and regrets it afterwards after seeing what man he was in AwW2, and then chose to tell Leo he has no father, taking an "escape route" because it was easy to believe in after Lone Worrier already stated it.. That could be one heck of a drama Dan :lol: )

And the virgin pregnancy is Nothing like star wa... oh.. right.. ehem.. hello Anakin..
    VandheerLorde
    Super Nova
    Super Nova

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:12 am

• The ability to control water makes sense to me. Though there's no need for a flask. We have water in the air around us. I always thought Vandheer freezes the water in the air to sub-zero tempretures around his palm, and then throws it at you.
    Plus the ability to FREEZE perfectly matches his cold attitude.

And about his outfit... It's a bit too luxurious for him don't you think? He's more likely to walk in rags.
    "I'm the most powerful being in the Universe. You think I care about what I wear?"
    Honestly, his whole image gave me an impression of a traveler.

Finally: It's good to be back.
    GENTLEMAN!
    Chop of my head with such velocity
    that my blood will rocket through my neck,
    and propel my lifeless body
    ALL THE WAY TO PHOENIX!!!

Woooow... Yo, what's in Phoenix?

Why, it's your mama Steve.
    GET THE AXE!!!
    Armed with Waffles
    Black Hole
    Black Hole

Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:28 pm

• Armed with Waffles wrote:And about his outfit... It's a bit too luxurious for him don't you think? He's more likely to walk in rags.
    "I'm the most powerful being in the Universe. You think I care about what I wear?"

He is actually wearing robes in AwW1. A furred robe. In AwW3, his robe is worn out.
    In this picture he's wearing a furred cape.
    Daniel Sun
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:26 am

• Armed with Waffles wrote:The ability to control water makes sense to me. Though there's no need for a flask. We have water in the air around us. I always thought Vandheer freezes the water in the air to sub-zero tempretures around his palm, and then throws it at you.
    Plus the ability to FREEZE perfectly matches his cold attitude.

And about his outfit... It's a bit too luxurious for him don't you think? He's more likely to walk in rags.

Oh shit, now youre talking Alchemy.
    Vandheer Lorde II

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:04 pm

• Ether Vandheer Lorde is getting weaker, or I'm starting to get Goood 8-)

Will show you a screenshot of me beating him in less then 40 sec :lol: :twisted:
    "You" --> :shock: :o
    ..Just as fast as I figure out a way to upload pictures to the internet :?
    Probably tomorrow..

I have one other thing to show you too..
    So, just as a tease..

Dan, All Vandheer Lorde fans out there.. PREPARE TO BE AMAZED :D
    VandheerLorde
    Super Nova
    Super Nova

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:05 am

• Love that!
    Vandheer just like the lich king in World Of Warcraft.
    Love WoW and AWW
    We, Forsaken, never give up.
    We never forget.
    We never die.
    This. Is. Our. Land.
    You want to stay.
    You stay here forever.
    We gonna bury you here.....
    Alessa Mason
    Black Mist
    Black Mist

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:39 am

• Daniel Sun wrote:Some concept art of the great Vandheer! It's been too [color=#004000][color=#004000][color=#004000]long since my last speed painting. TOO LONG!
    Some interesting notes:
    [/color][/color][/color]
    -New Shoulder armor
    -Furred coat replaced by furred cape
    -Bottle of water (which he can manipulate)
    -Glowing mask

Return to News

Information