Sun Studios flash games..
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Culmination

by Daniel Sun Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:48 pm

All Culmination discussion shall go here! Feel free to discuss anything and everything Culmination.
I'll start things off. Who has gotten a 80 hit combo!?
sparky
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

Re: Culmination

by sparky Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:06 pm

I have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I had a bunch of them bouncing against a wall and I was using them for wallball. I can just get about thirty by just using all the combos in different ways.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:13 pm

Dam, nice work!
I'd like to update Culmination to include a replay function, and an arena mode. So players can record all the crazy cool combos, submit to youtube, friendly combo tournaments...
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole

by VandheerLorde Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:33 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:Dam, nice work!
I'd like to update Culmination to include a replay function, and an arena mode. So players can record all the crazy cool combos, submit to youtube, friendly combo tournaments...

Dame nice!
The replay function feels a little bit over the top, if you want to record, just get a good screen recording program.
But the arena mode sounds just SWEET :D
And IF you are going to update culmination, it would be a perfect time for you to maybe clear out a few bugs we have found :mrgreen: (For example I have found one where things start levitating if you use your ultimate two times in a row in a quick succession)

But the arena mode sounds just awesome.. but also a bit tricky.. like.. what prevents you to just simply use your ultimate over and over again??
anyway, if you add the arena mode, PLEASE Dan PLEASE! make it possible to play arena mode as VANDHEER! :D
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:Dam, nice work!

Arena Mode sounds like an excellent idea! I hope you implement something unique into it so it doesn't turn out as "Classic Survival Mode"! :D

A replay function would be nice too, but I'm not sure if this would decrease game performance or not.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:55 am

The great thing is this. I can update Culmination and it will be free from my sponsorship agreement. Honestly I don't like putting sponsors branding in my games. There were a few heated conversations between me, the sponsors and flashgame license. I nearly backed out of the deal.

But I could totally make something like 'Culmination deluxe' or something. New levels + arena mode.
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:18 am

:twisted: ...why did you locked that topic in the news???,,,I like that ideea...it would like Epic battle fantasy 3 with battles and etc...nice :twisted:
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:39 am

Cosminel wrote::twisted: ...why did you locked that topic in the news???,,,I like that ideea...it would like Epic battle fantasy 3 with battles and etc...nice :twisted:

I explained that in the locked topic.
Daniel Sun wrote:I'm locking this thread. All further Culmination discussion can continue @ viewtopic.php?f=9&t=786

I locked the other thread because I'd rather the discussion for Culmination continue in this thread.
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:32 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:
Cosminel wrote::twisted: ...why did you locked that topic in the news???,,,I like that ideea...it would like Epic battle fantasy 3 with battles and etc...nice :twisted:

I explained that in the locked topic.
Daniel Sun wrote:I'm locking this thread. All further Culmination discussion can continue @ viewtopic.php?f=9&t=786

I locked the other thread because I'd rather the discussion for Culmination continue in this thread.

oh k :D
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Arena mode you say... could be nice ^^

And I like the idea of replays :D

EDIT: Yay, I'm Ultra Nova!
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
MadSkillz
Super Nova
Super Nova

by MadSkillz Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:The great thing is this. I can update Culmination and it will be free from my sponsorship agreement. Honestly I don't like putting sponsors branding in my games. There were a few heated conversations between me, the sponsors and flashgame license. I nearly backed out of the deal.

But I could totally make something like 'Culmination deluxe' or something. New levels + arena mode.

That. Would. Be. Epic.

Add the replay function and everything. It would improve the game a lot, even though the game is good as it is anyway.
Oh and I've gotten an 80hit combo.
My DeviantArt

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
~Aristotle
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:01 am

Hey Daniel, I was playing around with Flixel the other day and I discovered that it has a replay function that you could work off of to implement replays into the Blackmist framework.

http://flixel.org/
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:53 pm

QwertyFail wrote:Hey Daniel, I was playing around with Flixel the other day and I discovered that it has a replay function that you could work off of to implement replays into the Blackmist framework.

http://flixel.org/

Wow, flixel has a replay function!? Might need to investigate. I wouldn't be able to port Culmination to the flixel framework, but maybe I can learn a thing or two from it...
Thanks for the heads up. Also, post your work that you've done in flixel.
armed with hands
Black Hole
Black Hole

by armed with hands Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:40 am

aw man seriously the game is awesome no doubt it is...but i'd like to see some more story you know,it's just to short....but from the gameplay it's awesome :D :D

maybe you can create some encyclopedia so we can know more about the characters especially lone warrior and vandheer lorde
Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Contradicting Each Other,Don't You think? :lol:
sparky
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by sparky Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:12 pm

Now I can get a combo with around 45 hits without them hitting a wall. :mrgreen: I figured out how to use the power strike moves very smoothly. :twisted:
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:46 pm

I have unlocked all of the achievements for the game excluding the "Slaughter" and "God of this World". I'm clueless about how to unlock Slaughter but I read on some forums that you have to kill all enemies without dying on hard mode. Can anyone confirm this as being the task to complete? Thanks.

-- Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:46 pm --

I have unlocked all of the achievements for the game excluding the "Slaughter" and "God of this World". I'm clueless about how to unlock Slaughter but I read on some forums that you have to kill all enemies without dying on hard mode. Can anyone confirm this as being the task to complete? Thanks.
"Life... dreams... hope... Where do they come from? And where do they go? Such meaningless things...I'll destroy them all!" - Kefka Palazzo
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:12 pm

Super-Ferret wrote:I have the same problem. But I'm sure I killed all enemies without dying. And I never get "slaughter".
The question is : The monsters you make fall dawn, Do they die ? Or you must kill them carefully (without dying) ?

There may be a bug in the game where you cannot unlock slaughter. I can confirm that it works on newgorunds.
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:42 pm

Okay, thank you!
"Life... dreams... hope... Where do they come from? And where do they go? Such meaningless things...I'll destroy them all!" - Kefka Palazzo
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Alien wrote:Slaughter works here, explore the game better.

But I'm having problems with Exhaust LW achievement. I can't acomplish it, no matter how many times I use all of Lone Warrior's attacks against monsters or Vandheer Lorde. (v1.2.1 on this site)

Although, Exhaust VL works ok.

It works for me. Keep trying it. I just kept using combos at random until it showed the achievement symbol.
Return to Games