All the latest news here..
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Leo's head speed painting

by Daniel Sun Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:05 am

Here's today's Live Stream session compressed into 2 minutes!

Yet another iteration of Leo's head. Leo is the hero from Armed with Wings 3 - and a potential main character for my next AwW game.... I know I draw the same characters over and over... I feel that it is necessary to explore every variation in order to achieve a remarkable character. Thoughts on this head?

Music was also preformed by myself, just felt like doing it.

Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

Re: Leo's head speed painting

by Omar Tue May 01, 2012 1:07 am

Doesn't look like Leo. it looks like Daniel Sun.
Edit: i like the Art and stuff but seeing Leo in this Frame makes him more Evil then the friendly one i love. and it looks like Leo been hitting on the Booze no offense.
9.8/10

Oh and the song is Sadja's Soul Guitar Remix by D-SuN.
Any chance of DL this song you made?
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Fri May 04, 2012 1:26 am

Omar wrote:Doesn't look like Leo. it looks like Daniel Sun.
Edit: i like the Art and stuff but seeing Leo in this Frame makes him more Evil then the friendly one i love. and it looks like Leo been hitting on the Booze no offense.
9.8/10

Oh and the song is Sadja's Soul Guitar Remix by D-SuN.
Any chance of DL this song you made?

Hate to say it, but i agree with you, still, it's Dan's character, as long as he's happy with him, that's all that matters.

by Guest Fri May 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Well it do not look like leo but its still gr8

10/10 for a face in my opinion

but 0/10 for leo face LOL

So happy to hear AWW 4 is coming soon

I WANNA TO PLAY IT SOOOOOOOO MUCH
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Fri May 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Guest wrote:Well it do not look like leo but its still gr8

10/10 for a face in my opinion

but 0/10 for leo face LOL

So happy to hear AWW 4 is coming soon

I WANNA TO PLAY IT SOOOOOOOO MUCH

it's not AWW4.

It's a Remake of the game which isn't cool but making it for Steam, PSN, Xbox live is fucking awsome. i hope daniel makes Armed with wings 1 more Dynamic and better Art.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Sat May 05, 2012 12:00 am

I feel like I nailed the facial structure as well as the hair, I'm quite happy with how his hair is sitting over his face.

I really like the color and mood too but I agree this does not suit Leo. It does however suit Ondray, young Ondray.
I'm going to try and make some adjustments.
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole

by VandheerLorde Sat May 05, 2012 2:22 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:I agree this does not suit Leo. It does however suit Ondray, young Ondray.
I'm going to try and make some adjustments.

Ondray is a character we (at least I) don't know that much about. we know that he's like evil, and the right hand of nebula if I'm not wrong. but else, nothing. There were a small introduction about him in your old contrast drawings (That you later scraped) about him as a small kid, and how he was "touched" by (I think) Nebula. but again, this doesn't tell us much really.

also

Omar wrote:it's not AWW4.

It's a Remake of the game which isn't cool but making it for Steam, PSN, Xbox live is fucking awsome. i hope daniel makes Armed with wings 1 more Dynamic and better Art.

I would rather want to see it as a re-boot of the series as a whole, and not only as remakes of each game.
And if you want Armed with wings 1 with more dynamic and better art, why look further then Culmination?

Same good-guy, same bad-guy. no other characters. Same simple structure story: Find the bad guy and kill him(Or at least try). Both are short and simple, with 12-15 levels. I see a lot of similarities between Aww1 and Aww Culmination, just that Culmination is better, more dynamic with better art.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Sat May 05, 2012 4:46 pm

VandheerLorde wrote:
Omar wrote:it's not AWW4.

I would rather want to see it as a re-boot of the series as a whole, and not only as remakes of each game.
And if you want Armed with wings 1 with more dynamic and better art, why look further then Culmination?

Same good-guy, same bad-guy. no other characters. Same simple structure story: Find the bad guy and kill him(Or at least try). Both are short and simple, with 12-15 levels. I see a lot of similarities between Aww1 and Aww Culmination, just that Culmination is better, more dynamic with better art.

Armed with wings is the first game to open up the series. it may no be Dynamic or have good concept art, but i liked Armed with wings 1 a bunch and i do really hope Daniel remakes all that.
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole

by VandheerLorde Sat May 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Omar wrote:Armed with wings is the first game to open up the series. it may no be Dynamic or have good concept art, but i liked Armed with wings 1 a bunch and i do really hope Daniel remakes all that.

I do agree with you. Aww1 is like the mother of the series, the one that gave birth to all this. and in many ways, I actually even like it MORE then many of the other games, even tho it's old and buggy and all honestly quite stale and boring :lol:

But Aww1 will forever be Aww1, and it would somehow sadden me if it got replaced with an, in many ways better, but still maybe in other ways imperfect remake. Then I would rather have a total makeover and reboot the series.

But one specific part I do VERY much want to see directly remade is the first, lvl6 boss!

It's the first boss in the entire series, and still in many ways among the hardest. It got so many good, small do-dads with it that makes it an awesome boss! Even compared to his later bosses (But not even close to Vandheer from Culmination who, in my opinion is the greatest boss battle in the entire series, followed up by himself from Red Moon)
I can write a whole post, going in depth about what I like about that boss battle, and why I think it's so good. But simply said, It would make me SO happy to see That boss remade in one of his "Armed With Wings: Next Generation" games.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Sun May 06, 2012 2:57 pm

Я приняла его за девушку ХД ЭТО ЛЕВ?_?
Рисовать♥
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Sun May 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Даниэль ВС сделал римейк этого концепт-арт на живой поток.римейк выглядит как лев.

translation: I took him for a girl HD IS LEO _?
draw ♥
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole

by VandheerLorde Mon May 07, 2012 11:19 am

Omar wrote:Даниэль ВС сделал римейк этого концепт-арт на живой поток.римейк выглядит как лев.

translation: I took him for a girl HD IS LEO _?
draw ♥

Hey dude! translating is MY job! :lol: Noo, just kidding, go ahead and translate all you want, just glad someone else picked up my habit too.
lvlsomething
Nova
Nova

by lvlsomething Tue May 08, 2012 2:15 am

That is some mighty fine looking hair.
And yes, just like all the others, It does not look too much like Leo.
Still, nice one, especially the hair.

Oh, and, I really like the version of that song. A download would be really nice, If it's all the same to you.
Return to News