All the latest news here..
User avatar
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1345
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 am
Location: Australia

Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by Daniel Sun Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:02 am

Image

Anybody remeber that I build Armed with Wings 3 nearly twice? The first version was a decent game, quite different from the release. If it wasn't for my computer exploding, Armed with Wings 3 would have been quite a different game...
Remember this game is quite incomplete, I wish I could have found a version that had the old music. None the less, here is the track to the original Forest level: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/179537
User avatar
MadSkillz
Super Nova
Super Nova
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by MadSkillz Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:43 am

I remember that. When you said you had to start again I was disappointed because I had to wait longer.
Anyway, it would still be cool to play the old AwW and the soundtrack sounds cool.
Image
My DeviantArt

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
~Aristotle
asdf
 

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by asdf Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:59 am

Hey, the game was great, especially the aww3 you had 2 redo. There are a few glitches though. I reached the last ( I think) level of fighting network yet nothing happened. What I mean by tht is I couldn't harm him and he couldn't harm me. Or is that just the unsaved progress due to your computer breaking down. Thanks for reading, big fan :D
User avatar
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1345
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 am
Location: Australia

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by Daniel Sun Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:17 am

asdf wrote:Hey, the game was great, especially the aww3 you had 2 redo. There are a few glitches though. I reached the last ( I think) level of fighting network yet nothing happened. What I mean by tht is I couldn't harm him and he couldn't harm me. Or is that just the unsaved progress due to your computer breaking down. Thanks for reading, big fan :D


Hit the nail on the head, that's as much as I built before things went kaboomiii
User avatar
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 am
Location: Romania

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by Cosminel Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:19 am

will have to play it when I get back from school today
Image
User avatar
MadSkillz
Super Nova
Super Nova
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by MadSkillz Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:26 pm

One thing I forgot to mention in my post, whilst dashing too much, I went off the stage(though I came back on eventually).
Is that why we can't do that in the new AwW3 and why we have to buy it and it takes up our MP?
Image
My DeviantArt

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
~Aristotle
User avatar
3lijahG
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:18 am

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by 3lijahG Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:13 am

you don't NEED the bird.... lol.... i dashed to some unknown place.
orochimaru yukyuzan anji erza scarlett fuwa aika tomoe fantasy a grimmjow jaggerjaques jesus diana leto zeus nero huey freeman apollo
Image
User avatar
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: The forest

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by VandheerLorde Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:01 pm

oh YES! Thank you Dan!
Yes, we do remember you making Aww3 almost twice, and we also remember sticking with you from the very beginning, even when you had "motivational problem".

And it's so cool you release the lost edition! I remember loving the old Demo back when you put it out. Even tho the lost edition and the final release technically is the same game, there is, as you said, quite a lot of differences. It almost feels like a new game, but still very comparable with the final release of Aww3. It's interesting, because when I play, I find a lot of smaller details that i find myself liking quite a lot, maybe it's because they are different and I like variation, but maybe not only because of that..

for example, the eagle seams to fly slower in the lost edition. I always found the eagle a little to fast and hard to control in Aww3. ;) But not only that, small details like in the forest level where the gate closes in front of you instead of being closed when you get there, and later in the eagle challenge with the spikes, going 'down-up-down-up' instead of 'down-forward-up'
And then of course we can't forget the sun-rays and the objects between the camera and the character. I found them charming and characteristic and are really sad you decided to take them away, maybe in a graphic option as 'color' in Culmination?
One other thing I found myself liking a lot from the lost edition were the face that you Found your sword in the second world, instead of just starting with it. And I also quite liked the characteristic differences between fist and sword, where the sword is "weaker" because it's much slower, but safer because it attacks with a distance, where fists are MUCH faster and has a greater DPS.

But don't get me wrong here now :? I missed a lot of gameplay improving details and features too, the lost edition Clearly isn't a complete game. Just saying that I found things I liked or actually sometimes preferred, in the lost edition, like the bosses for example. I had to test this a few times before sure, but I find it undenyable. The two bosses in the lost edition is superior their final version in Aww3, and the skullboss is a better final boss then the swordbrute, that fits much better as a powerful special enemy.

In both cases It's very much details, but significant details nonetheless. Like the skullboss, just the small detail like that the roar hurts and kocks you back if you are to close actually adds a lot, and the smaller area in witch you have to run around in makes dodging the meteors more challenging and fun. (Also, I prefer the lost-version roar over the final-version, but that might just be the variety appealing to me)
But more difference are there in the 2nd boss. I find the final-version 2nd boss easiest to beat by running in with my traditional karate and then just attack-attack-attack in an infinite combo until he gets anti-flinch and then just finish him up with a powerblast you found in the forest levels before he uses his lighting attack and just one-hit kills me by knocking my out in the spikes. You can't Do that in in the lost edition. He keeps knocking you back as you either attack him or when you run in to attack with your fists. so you HAVE to use the sword you found earlier to attack him from a "safe" range. Also, he uses his Lighting attacks more often (Maybe because you can't infinitely interrupt him anymore) but the lighting attack never becomes '1HKO' but remains a number witch you can dodge. Simply put, in final version, you either plains beats him without any challenge, or he 1HKO you with his lighting attack when he gets anti-flinch. In the lost edition, there is more constant challenge, fighting and simply more fun.

To summarise my thoughts a little: I liked the insight in variety the lost edition brought, and preferred a number of smaller details from the lost edition, but general gameplay was better in Aww3, however the Bosses in the lost edition were superior their version from the final version.

Hope my thoughts and creative critics will help in the development of future games..
..and honestly sorry for a long post everybody :? :lol:
User avatar
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1345
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 am
Location: Australia

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by Daniel Sun Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:21 am

VandheerLorde wrote:oh YES! Thank you Dan!
Yes, we do remember you making Aww3 almost twice, and we also remember sticking with you from the very beginning, even when you had "motivational problem".

And it's so cool you release the lost edition! I remember loving the old Demo back when you put it out. Even tho the lost edition and the final release technically is the same game, there is, as you said, quite a lot of differences. It almost feels like a new game, but still very comparable with the final release of Aww3. It's interesting, because when I play, I find a lot of smaller details that i find myself liking quite a lot, maybe it's because they are different and I like variation, but maybe not only because of that..

for example, the eagle seams to fly slower in the lost edition. I always found the eagle a little to fast and hard to control in Aww3. ;) But not only that, small details like in the forest level where the gate closes in front of you instead of being closed when you get there, and later in the eagle challenge with the spikes, going 'down-up-down-up' instead of 'down-forward-up'
And then of course we can't forget the sun-rays and the objects between the camera and the character. I found them charming and characteristic and are really sad you decided to take them away, maybe in a graphic option as 'color' in Culmination?
One other thing I found myself liking a lot from the lost edition were the face that you Found your sword in the second world, instead of just starting with it. And I also quite liked the characteristic differences between fist and sword, where the sword is "weaker" because it's much slower, but safer because it attacks with a distance, where fists are MUCH faster and has a greater DPS.

But don't get me wrong here now :? I missed a lot of gameplay improving details and features too, the lost edition Clearly isn't a complete game. Just saying that I found things I liked or actually sometimes preferred, in the lost edition, like the bosses for example. I had to test this a few times before sure, but I find it undenyable. The two bosses in the lost edition is superior their final version in Aww3, and the skullboss is a better final boss then the swordbrute, that fits much better as a powerful special enemy.

In both cases It's very much details, but significant details nonetheless. Like the skullboss, just the small detail like that the roar hurts and kocks you back if you are to close actually adds a lot, and the smaller area in witch you have to run around in makes dodging the meteors more challenging and fun. (Also, I prefer the lost-version roar over the final-version, but that might just be the variety appealing to me)
But more difference are there in the 2nd boss. I find the final-version 2nd boss easiest to beat by running in with my traditional karate and then just attack-attack-attack in an infinite combo until he gets anti-flinch and then just finish him up with a powerblast you found in the forest levels before he uses his lighting attack and just one-hit kills me by knocking my out in the spikes. You can't Do that in in the lost edition. He keeps knocking you back as you either attack him or when you run in to attack with your fists. so you HAVE to use the sword you found earlier to attack him from a "safe" range. Also, he uses his Lighting attacks more often (Maybe because you can't infinitely interrupt him anymore) but the lighting attack never becomes '1HKO' but remains a number witch you can dodge. Simply put, in final version, you either plains beats him without any challenge, or he 1HKO you with his lighting attack when he gets anti-flinch. In the lost edition, there is more constant challenge, fighting and simply more fun.

To summarise my thoughts a little: I liked the insight in variety the lost edition brought, and preferred a number of smaller details from the lost edition, but general gameplay was better in Aww3, however the Bosses in the lost edition were superior their version from the final version.

Hope my thoughts and creative critics will help in the development of future games..
..and honestly sorry for a long post everybody :? :lol:



Wahh thanks for writing all this, awesome read! I felt the same way last week before I put the lost edition up. I found the file on an old drive; as soon as I started playing, I found so many differences and subtle changes that I thought it was worth putting up. If only it had the old music!
You've also reminded me about the 'motivational' problems. No more of them :) Only I now have 'time' problems :S
User avatar
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: The forest

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by VandheerLorde Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:46 am

Daniel Sun wrote:Wahh thanks for writing all this, awesome read!


Glad you enjoyed it. When I wrote it I were like "C'mon! I can't write this much!" or "I can't write this, it sounds like I'm hating". But it's all for a good cause for future development :)


But on a side note..

Remember some time ago when I wrote about killing Vandheer in culmination in less then 40 sec, linked with a screenshot. I later said I would come with a video showing it, as a more firm prof..

well.. this is what happened:

User avatar
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: The forest

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by VandheerLorde Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Wow!

Today just now while playing AWW Culmination I manage to get a 100+ combo! Twice!
The highest I remember absolutely that I saw was 115!
just a shame I don't have a habit of recording my play-throughs, if something just like this happens..

Anyone out there who can shine with their combos in Culmination? or am I the proud record holder of the highest (known) combo in Culmination too?
(Even tho I would need a video Or screen shot prof for that. .)
User avatar
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:39 am
Location: Mexico City

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by Omar Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:52 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:
VandheerLorde wrote:oh YES! Thank you Dan!
Yes, we do remember you making Aww3 almost twice, and we also remember sticking with you from the very beginning, even when you had "motivational problem".

And it's so cool you release the lost edition! I remember loving the old Demo back when you put it out. Even tho the lost edition and the final release technically is the same game, there is, as you said, quite a lot of differences. It almost feels like a new game, but still very comparable with the final release of Aww3. It's interesting, because when I play, I find a lot of smaller details that i find myself liking quite a lot, maybe it's because they are different and I like variation, but maybe not only because of that..

for example, the eagle seams to fly slower in the lost edition. I always found the eagle a little to fast and hard to control in Aww3. ;) But not only that, small details like in the forest level where the gate closes in front of you instead of being closed when you get there, and later in the eagle challenge with the spikes, going 'down-up-down-up' instead of 'down-forward-up'
And then of course we can't forget the sun-rays and the objects between the camera and the character. I found them charming and characteristic and are really sad you decided to take them away, maybe in a graphic option as 'color' in Culmination?
One other thing I found myself liking a lot from the lost edition were the face that you Found your sword in the second world, instead of just starting with it. And I also quite liked the characteristic differences between fist and sword, where the sword is "weaker" because it's much slower, but safer because it attacks with a distance, where fists are MUCH faster and has a greater DPS.

But don't get me wrong here now :? I missed a lot of gameplay improving details and features too, the lost edition Clearly isn't a complete game. Just saying that I found things I liked or actually sometimes preferred, in the lost edition, like the bosses for example. I had to test this a few times before sure, but I find it undenyable. The two bosses in the lost edition is superior their final version in Aww3, and the skullboss is a better final boss then the swordbrute, that fits much better as a powerful special enemy.

In both cases It's very much details, but significant details nonetheless. Like the skullboss, just the small detail like that the roar hurts and kocks you back if you are to close actually adds a lot, and the smaller area in witch you have to run around in makes dodging the meteors more challenging and fun. (Also, I prefer the lost-version roar over the final-version, but that might just be the variety appealing to me)
But more difference are there in the 2nd boss. I find the final-version 2nd boss easiest to beat by running in with my traditional karate and then just attack-attack-attack in an infinite combo until he gets anti-flinch and then just finish him up with a powerblast you found in the forest levels before he uses his lighting attack and just one-hit kills me by knocking my out in the spikes. You can't Do that in in the lost edition. He keeps knocking you back as you either attack him or when you run in to attack with your fists. so you HAVE to use the sword you found earlier to attack him from a "safe" range. Also, he uses his Lighting attacks more often (Maybe because you can't infinitely interrupt him anymore) but the lighting attack never becomes '1HKO' but remains a number witch you can dodge. Simply put, in final version, you either plains beats him without any challenge, or he 1HKO you with his lighting attack when he gets anti-flinch. In the lost edition, there is more constant challenge, fighting and simply more fun.

To summarise my thoughts a little: I liked the insight in variety the lost edition brought, and preferred a number of smaller details from the lost edition, but general gameplay was better in Aww3, however the Bosses in the lost edition were superior their version from the final version.

Hope my thoughts and creative critics will help in the development of future games..
..and honestly sorry for a long post everybody :? :lol:



Wahh thanks for writing all this, awesome read! I felt the same way last week before I put the lost edition up. I found the file on an old drive; as soon as I started playing, I found so many differences and subtle changes that I thought it was worth putting up. If only it had the old music!
You've also reminded me about the 'motivational' problems. No more of them :) Only I now have 'time' problems :S



Hey Dan why don't you re-make this for the Armed with wings remake it will actually shine on the consoles on the next armed with wings that you are deving.

I'm happy to Beta test the game because i actually replay the game and get bored and try to do something different and that's where i find bugs.

also is there a small chance that you can make armed with wings for Ios? it would be fun and people would start reconizing you.
Josh
 

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by Josh Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:54 am

IF you havent noticed, young justice stole your game, its black and shadowy and it looks like it has the same enemies from culmination!
IT GETS ON MY FRICKIN NERVES!!!! http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/games/you ... index.html LOOK!!!
User avatar
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:58 am

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by QwertyFail Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:14 am

Josh wrote:IF you havent noticed, young justice stole your game, its black and shadowy and it looks like it has the same enemies from culmination!
IT GETS ON MY FRICKIN NERVES!!!! http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/games/you ... index.html LOOK!!!

Dude, take a bit of time to research!

That game was created as part of a contract between Cartoon Network and Daniel, and they even credit Sun-Studios in the credits.
Image
User avatar
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: The forest

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by VandheerLorde Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:37 am

Oh god! They can't do that! xD It feels and looks so wrong.

They can't take your game, make a few, minor dialog and sprit changes and then re-name it and call it their own! it's not even worth calling a mod!

Ok, calm down...

They did mention you in the credits.. but it was just very little, so you did not get the credits you deserve if you ask me.

still pretty much the same game tho. Culmination looks better, with a more unison graphic. only difference gameplay wise is is that the specials had minor differences, that made them (in my opinion) less fluid, like the air power slash attacks from where you were, instead of where you are. and the final up-cut slash (that now summons the thing that shoots a beam) is less.. functional.. and it was annoying of keeping track of "you" when you use power slashes a lot, that in this game summons a lot of friends. So there is characters flying around everywhere (Sometimes several of the same one) and it can get hard keeping track of "you". Sure, still good the same goos things. Fun, fluid powering up, battle system, however less fluid thanks to the weird summonings. good music, no change there. Not sure if it fit the "you're a super hero trapped in a shadow dimension" feeling, but meh..
Graphics didn't fit together. the new "health and ASDW" and the characters didn't fit the rest of the graphic and enemies. I can't say it's a bad game, because it isn't. But it's a worse game then the original, and just a cheap copy..
if you want to make a game, make your own, or actually mod something!
User avatar
Vandheer Lorde II
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:20 am
Location: QLD Australia

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by Vandheer Lorde II Fri May 04, 2012 1:48 am

VandheerLorde wrote:
Daniel Sun wrote:Wahh thanks for writing all this, awesome read!


Glad you enjoyed it. When I wrote it I were like "C'mon! I can't write this much!" or "I can't write this, it sounds like I'm hating". But it's all for a good cause for future development :)


But on a side note..

Remember some time ago when I wrote about killing Vandheer in culmination in less then 40 sec, linked with a screenshot. I later said I would come with a video showing it, as a more firm prof..

well.. this is what happened:



WTF, how did you play as LW?

in my one the last boss is LW and you play as VL
Image
User avatar
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:39 am
Location: Mexico City

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by Omar Fri May 04, 2012 2:06 am

Vandheer Lorde II wrote:
VandheerLorde wrote:
Daniel Sun wrote:Wahh thanks for writing all this, awesome read!


Glad you enjoyed it. When I wrote it I were like "C'mon! I can't write this much!" or "I can't write this, it sounds like I'm hating". But it's all for a good cause for future development :)


But on a side note..

Remember some time ago when I wrote about killing Vandheer in culmination in less then 40 sec, linked with a screenshot. I later said I would come with a video showing it, as a more firm prof..

well.. this is what happened:



WTF, how did you play as LW?

in my one the last boss is LW and you play as VL

Play Culmination on Hard or select the level and play the last level on hard.
@ VandheerLorde Young Justice Culmination Game Remake sucks. Culmination PWNS but that's all..
User avatar
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1345
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 am
Location: Australia

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by Daniel Sun Fri May 04, 2012 7:36 am

Vandheer Lorde II wrote:WTF, how did you play as LW?

in my one the last boss is LW and you play as VL


lol. Hard mode. or just beat the game, level select the final battle in hard mode.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:42 am

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by Mikoto Sun May 13, 2012 4:47 pm

а у меня игра немного глючит -_-
СЛОЖНЫЙ уровень? О_О ужас
User avatar
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 am
Location: Romania

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by Cosminel Tue May 15, 2012 6:49 pm

Mikoto wrote:а у меня игра немного глючит -_-
СЛОЖНЫЙ уровень? О_О ужас

dammit mikoto...speak fucking english :lol:
Image
User avatar
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:39 am
Location: Mexico City

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by Omar Tue May 15, 2012 10:24 pm

Cosminel wrote:
Mikoto wrote:а у меня игра немного глючит -_-
СЛОЖНЫЙ уровень? О_О ужас

dammit mikoto...speak fucking english :lol:



Ok ill tell her...
Микото! Cosminel говорит, что он не хочет, чтобы вы вокруг.

and Cosminel stop speaking english
start speaking rumanian
Cosminel vă dracu '
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:42 am

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by Mikoto Thu May 17, 2012 4:13 pm

ёж лес побежать ушёл небо убить гав глупость буль-буль-буль
БУГАГАГАГАШЕНЬКИ
нужно устроить межнациональную болтовню ХДДД
хорошо плохо сказать ей - ЧТО ЭТО ЗНАЧИТ?_?
румынский - это хорошо
ЯПОНИЯ!!!111
User avatar
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 am
Location: Romania

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by Cosminel Sat May 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Omar wrote:
Cosminel wrote:
Mikoto wrote:а у меня игра немного глючит -_-
СЛОЖНЫЙ уровень? О_О ужас

dammit mikoto...speak fucking english :lol:



Ok ill tell her...
Микото! Cosminel говорит, что он не хочет, чтобы вы вокруг.

and Cosminel stop speaking english
start speaking rumanian
Cosminel vă dracu '

I think you wanted to say ''date dracu'' wich means fuck you'' :))...k the take this...sa te fut in cur...translate this:))
Image
User avatar
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:39 am
Location: Mexico City

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by Omar Sun May 20, 2012 2:26 am

I don't Know...is it fuck me in the ass?
User avatar
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 am
Location: Romania

Re: Armed with Wings 3: Lost Edition

by Cosminel Sun May 20, 2012 10:16 am

Omar wrote:I don't Know...is it fuck me in the ass?

your right my dear sir
Image
Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest