All the latest news here..
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole

Re: Culmination!

by VandheerLorde Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:21 am

QwertyFail wrote:
VandheerLorde wrote:Here I go again, But I just has to ask..

To get the 'Slaughter' award, do you have to have to play on hard mode to kill ALL enemies (not "all" enemies spawn in normal mode) or does it work that you have to kill all enemies on your game mode? thus working on normal mode as well?
Other question, does an enemy die when they fall down a pit of doom, or do you have to prevent them from falling down the pit of doom, by attacking them of the edges, to get the kill and KILL all enemies?
Because I have run through the game on both modes, thinking that I killed them all (yes, ALL, even the flying orbs and stuff), but did not get the award :(

Please reply, because it's the only award I am missing to get the 'God of this world' award!

To get the Slaughter achievement, you have to kill all the enemies BY HAND/SWORD, and yes you can't get the achievement if you push an enemy into a spike pit.

Also, if you haven't noticed already, you can actually kill every one of those floating fireballs....

I did say that I kill all the flying orbs/fireballs.. And as far As I know, I killed all other enemies as well, at least on the normal mode, not pushing anyone down a spike-pit, but as I said, I haven't gotten the award :(

Is it possible to get the award on the normal mode , even tho "not all enemies spawn" on normal mode?
Or does I have to kill all on hard mode (and that is VERY hard thanks to the 2nd last level where enemies stand on small pillars, you can't kill them with your ultimate in one hit and your attacks will push them off the edge)
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:29 am

VandheerLorde wrote:
QwertyFail wrote:
VandheerLorde wrote:Here I go again, But I just has to ask..

To get the 'Slaughter' award, do you have to have to play on hard mode to kill ALL enemies (not "all" enemies spawn in normal mode) or does it work that you have to kill all enemies on your game mode? thus working on normal mode as well?
Other question, does an enemy die when they fall down a pit of doom, or do you have to prevent them from falling down the pit of doom, by attacking them of the edges, to get the kill and KILL all enemies?
Because I have run through the game on both modes, thinking that I killed them all (yes, ALL, even the flying orbs and stuff), but did not get the award :(

Please reply, because it's the only award I am missing to get the 'God of this world' award!

To get the Slaughter achievement, you have to kill all the enemies BY HAND/SWORD, and yes you can't get the achievement if you push an enemy into a spike pit.

Also, if you haven't noticed already, you can actually kill every one of those floating fireballs....

I did say that I kill all the flying orbs/fireballs.. And as far As I know, I killed all other enemies as well, at least on the normal mode, not pushing anyone down a spike-pit, but as I said, I haven't gotten the award :(

Is it possible to get the award on the normal mode , even tho "not all enemies spawn" on normal mode?
Or does I have to kill all on hard mode (and that is VERY hard thanks to the 2nd last level where enemies stand on small pillars, you can't kill them with your ultimate in one hit and your attacks will push them off the edge)

You can still get the achievement on normal, you just have to take your time and be very careful.
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole

by VandheerLorde Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:43 am

You can still get the achievement on normal, you just have to take your time and be very careful.

Thanks. finally a direct answer.

Then I must have missed someone or pushed someone off the edge without noticing.

*edit*
YEAY!! I GOT IT!! I AM GOD OF THIS WORLD! :D :twisted: The strange thing tho is that I did not notice anything special that I missed the times before when I did not get the award :? But it does not matter, I GOT IT! 8-)
*edit*
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:58 pm

VandheerLorde wrote:

Thanks. finally a direct answer.

Then I must have missed someone or pushed someone off the edge without noticing.

*edit*
YEAY!! I GOT IT!! I AM GOD OF THIS WORLD! :D :twisted: The strange thing tho is that I did not notice anything special that I missed the times before when I did not get the award :? But it does not matter, I GOT IT! 8-)
*edit*

and my new brother here it's Vandheer....another Vandheer has come to this forum to be my new buddy :twisted:
silasticarmorfiend

by silasticarmorfiend Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:12 am

Hi, D-Sun!

I actually thought the story was good, if a bit short. By AWW3 Vandheer Lorde and Lone Warrior have gotten to know each other well enough for their hatred to be thorough. I read the 'author's description' box on Newgrounds, so I was able to figure out when it was set as soon as the first line flashed on the screen. Since I'd played AWW3, I knew how the fight had to turn out, but I wanted to see how it got there. I don't think the series has a single ending that wasn't epic.

The opening probably could have been a bit clearer, perhaps with a few more lines of text or a clip involving Lone Warrior tearing off on his own to chase after Vandheer Lorde - hoping to finish the fight to the death they've been trying to end for decades.

As usual, the art was magnificent. The gameplay was impressive, too. I happened to really like the epic battles in AWW2 - it had about the most stylish representations of elemental abilities I've ever seen, the variety made for interesting tactics, Vandheer Lorde had some pretty stunning skills and the extra characters all had impressive flare - but the controls were a bit choppier. Hopefully with the refinements you've made to your games since then you'll be able to bring back unique powers for the bosses in the next one. You really have a gift for showing those.

When I beat Vandheer Lorde in hard mode I get the standard 'ultimate defeat' ending, even if I do a full play-through. The medals area seems to hint that there's another outcome, though. What can I do to see that? I really, really, don't want to miss out on an AWW end scene - I'd gladly watch it on YouTube if I can't get it to run on my machine.

Thanks again!
Silastic
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:57 pm

download, please :D
i'm don't stop XD
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:45 pm

Mikoto wrote:download, please :D
i'm don't stop XD

You mean the download link for the soundtrack of Culmination? If so, you can find the download links for the music tracks on Newgrounds in the information section of Culmination, below Daniel's Newgrounds username.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:19 pm

I want to see the AWW flash movie :shock:
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:11 am

16thSquadSanseki wrote:I want to see the AWW flash movie :shock:

that is such a great ideea :twisted:
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:39 pm

no, no saundtrack)
game -_- :cry:
MadSkillz
Super Nova
Super Nova

by MadSkillz Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:01 pm

Cosminel wrote:
16thSquadSanseki wrote:I want to see the AWW flash movie :shock:

that is such a great ideea :twisted:

Dan has to do it now.
Also there should be a better :cool: one. There is on this other forum I go on.
look:
It shines aswell because its a gif but thats an image.
My DeviantArt

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
~Aristotle
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:30 am

Mikoto wrote:no, no saundtrack)

I think you should ask Daniel for permission first, and I'm not sure if this is, technically speaking, legal.

by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:38 pm

I donìt think it's illlegal and you can do it by pressing control+S in this page: http://www.sun-studios.net/swf/games/12.swf
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:16 pm

Guest wrote:

I donìt think it's illlegal and you can do it by pressing control+S in this page: http://www.sun-studios.net/swf/games/12.swf

...Or you could go to the game itself and right-click View Page Info and save the .swf from there.

by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:01 pm

Dear Mr Sun,
Thanks for the awesome game. I really didn't think flash games could get this good. However, I do beg to differ on some points:
I actually did prefer AWW 3; I felt it was a more complete game.

My only suggestions would be to re-introduce multiple battle strategies, as you did in AWW 3; being able to fight with fists and different swords was one of the best aspects of AWW 3, and with the new combat system, I'm sure it will be amazing.

Also, it would be nice to be able to choose from various special moves, each of which could be upgraded with experience points.
But these are just my two cents. Your games are amazing, and I think you should try to bring them to smartphones... possibly a compilation pack of edited versions of your previous games. Now that would be awesome!!!
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:04 pm

YEEEEES!!! thank for link
я дура О_О

-- Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:14 pm --

and now I want the soundtracks
from AWW 2
there a link O_O
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:54 am

Dan you really done it with Culmination this time....it's on the 4th place in the ''Best of all time'' :twisted: :mrgreen: :)
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:53 pm

Cosminel wrote:Dan you really done it with Culmination this time....it's on the 4th place in the ''Best of all time'' :twisted: :mrgreen: :)

That's not good enough!

Everyone head to Newgrounds right now and shower Culmination with all the 5s you can spare!
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:00 pm

QwertyFail wrote:
Cosminel wrote:Dan you really done it with Culmination this time....it's on the 4th place in the ''Best of all time'' :twisted: :mrgreen: :)

That's not good enough!

Everyone head to Newgrounds right now and shower Culmination with all the 5s you can spare!

I think it's pretty good...even if it's one of the best game of the century for me it can't beat Epic Battle fantasy and road of the dead :twisted:
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:08 am

Cosminel wrote:
QwertyFail wrote:

That's not good enough!

I think it's pretty good...even if it's one of the best game of the century for me it can't beat Epic Battle fantasy and road of the dead :twisted:

I was just being sarcastic...

by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:00 am

http://www.armorgames.com

FireGoth says:
Posted at 8:55pm on 12/6/2011

The controls suck.
Took awhile to load.
Glitched a lot leaving my falling through the ground and walls.
Enemies were way to easy.
Got to level 4 I think and just lost interest.
The other games from AWW were a lot better.
I say don't even play this all the way through, it ruins the series.

Disappointment all around.
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:14 am

Guest wrote:http://www.armorgames.com

FireGoth says:
Posted at 8:55pm on 12/6/2011

The controls suck.
Took awhile to load.
Glitched a lot leaving my falling through the ground and walls.
Enemies were way to easy.
Got to level 4 I think and just lost interest.
The other games from AWW were a lot better.
I say don't even play this all the way through, it ruins the series.

Disappointment all around.

...But that's just only one comment! :P
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:31 pm

what is name the charackter?? from culmination
WolfAustral

by WolfAustral Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:35 am

Hi all.

1) The game is great.
2) My english is no so great like the game, so I can do a mistake.

3) I encounter a bug. Not a game bug (here can be usefull a smile, where are the smiles in this forum?), a argument bug. In some part of the game, lvl 2 or 3, the main character talk to the boss, and him tell that he knows the technique to jump with more air (attacking). The boss response is "This is my technique".

But the thing is... The boss dont attack in the air... He have a great speed on the ground, he can do the fast-move attack, but... How can be his technique if he cant atack in the air?

This is the one think rare I found, but the game is great, the animation, the playibility, the power sistem... And the alternative endigns.

Ok, thats all. Thanks for the game. I see it in ArmorGames.

Good bye!
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole

by VandheerLorde Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:51 am

WolfAustral wrote:Hi all.

1) The game is great.
2) My english is no so great like the game, so I can do a mistake.

3) I encounter a bug. Not a game bug (here can be usefull a smile, where are the smiles in this forum?), a argument bug. In some part of the game, lvl 2 or 3, the main character talk to the boss, and him tell that he knows the technique to jump with more air (attacking). The boss response is "This is my technique".

But the thing is... The boss dont attack in the air... He have a great speed on the ground, he can do the fast-move attack, but... How can be his technique if he cant atack in the air?

This is the one think rare I found, but the game is great, the animation, the playibility, the power sistem... And the alternative endigns.

Ok, thats all. Thanks for the game. I see it in ArmorGames.

Good bye!

If you play through the whole series, in AWW 2, you play as Vandheer lorde (the boss) and in that game he can attack in the air, and when attacking in air in that game, you gain more air. Dan used that same idea in this game, and then added a little background/origin talk about his earlier games, where Vandheer is the one who first used that style of jumping and attacking in the air to gain more air. So historically, Vandheer lorde is the one who invented the technique :mrgreen:
Return to News