All the latest news here..
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Culmination!

by Daniel Sun Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:45 am

Culmination is OUT my friends!

Provoked by his King into a fit of rage; the fallen Hero of the Earth, now at his lowest point. Driven by the desire to culminate, he embarks on his last journey to fulfill his destiny as he perceives it. You (the player) must guide him to his destiny.

Storm your way through 15 levels and lay waste to countless enemies. Complete with multiple difficulties and packed with 20 achievements, Culmination is an action / platform game focused on delivering a grand experience that is highly accessible.

Players with little time can get a full taste of Culmination thanks to the unique 'automatic leveling system'.

Players looking for deep experiences will find Culmination to have a well though combat system, rich with complex mechanics.

PLAY CULMINATION NOW

Culmination is an action platformer game, based in the Armed with Wings universe.
Before I even started production on this game, I knew I wanted to achieve a number of things. I wanted great combat that was clearly a few steps ahead of my previous games. I also wanted the game to run much better than my older games. I've gone to great lengths to optimize the art and code, so that the game runs well on more machines. Lastly, I wanted to build a flexible framework that I could reuse for new projects.
The release of this game signifies the completion of these goals. And so I'm proud to present Culmination.
This is a very special game to me, I hope everyone who plays it has an ABSOLUTE BLAST!
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

Re: Culmination!

by QwertyFail Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:51 am

Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:00 pm

QwertyFail wrote:Image

finally :D ....when will you post it on newgrounds with achievements??? :)
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Omg, the game is amazing (good I had some free time today to play it)! Musics, graphics, fighting... and the final fight is so interesting :D But... Lone Warrior D: :cry:
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:17 pm

MatPL wrote:OK, it's nice to see this game relased, but I have some questions about last level:
1) Why I cannot run 15th level from level select?
2) Why Vandheer Lorde cannot attack in the air and double jump?
3) Why Vandheer Lorde isn't loosing energy when using ultimate power? When I gather enough power to use "W" i could do it all time and LW cannot harm me.

And one minor bug: when I was playing last level as LW I dropped from battlefield, I died, but VL was using teleport and went after me and I can see him teleporting non-stop in the air.

But still it's great job. I like last level, it's demanding, but not irritating. I've always wanted to use VL ultimate power.

I guess Daniel wanted Vandheer to be like "an immovable object"-type boss, which would explain why he is limited to only devastating ground attacks. Like you said, Daniel designed the final boss battle on normal to be demanding, and I guess it would really piss some people off if Vandheer were to have gradually depleting energy.
Ninja

by Ninja Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:18 am

Good filling of the main story. Finally we get to know how Lone warior died in part 3. Vandeer was right, LOne warior is just a shadow of his former self, and i'm not talking about his power. During the rebel and being AWW he was righteous warior fighting for the weak, not some guy with a sword and some skills blinded by hatred and revenge. He's nothing compared to Leo. no wongder vandheer defeatet him so easily. I'm still curios what happened between Vandheer and Network in Red moon, and what happened to Hawken and rebel leaders after Blackmist resurected them at the end of part 2. It was quite a suprise to find out i'll be fighting as Vandheer in final battle. BTW that was the first Armed with wings(unles u count Red Moon) that didn't end with fight between Vandheer Lorde and Armed with wings.
lvlsomething
Nova
Nova

by lvlsomething Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:34 am

Well, that was pretty good.
I really really enjoyed the new combat skill system, that was probably the best thing in this game, I thought it was really cool.
And the enemy AI is really good, compared to the other games.
Being a story oriented player of games, I wish it had more content, and it was pretty short, but heck, these games are still my favorite flash games.
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:43 am

By the way Daniel, who is this Coolbuddy.com sponsor you got for Culmination, and why were they stupid enough to delay the release for like three months?
Sesilia
Nova
Nova

by Sesilia Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:38 am

Ninja wrote:Good filling of the main story. Finally we get to know how Lone warior died in part 3. Vandeer was right, LOne warior is just a shadow of his former self, and i'm not talking about his power. During the rebel and being AWW he was righteous warior fighting for the weak, not some guy with a sword and some skills blinded by hatred and revenge. He's nothing compared to Leo. no wongder vandheer defeatet him so easily. I'm still curios what happened between Vandheer and Network in Red moon, and what happened to Hawken and rebel leaders after Blackmist resurected them at the end of part 2. It was quite a suprise to find out i'll be fighting as Vandheer in final battle. BTW that was the first Armed with wings(unles u count Red Moon) that didn't end with fight between Vandheer Lorde and Armed with wings.

Every one will make mistake. If you only catch this one and insult him all the time, then how about yourself ? If you make a mistake, others insult you all the time, how is your feeling??
Rebeler? If the whole world rebel you, I will stand by your side and rebel the whole world.
If I were the only one to protect you, then I would be and be forever.
Aku saturos
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Aku saturos Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:10 am

Dan sorry if i miss anything special for all your hard work and i have one question.

Is this a prequel?,sequel?, interquel? etc...
Khartahn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Khartahn Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:45 am

Awesome! :mrgreen:

I like how the character you play in the final battle depends on which difficulty setting you're on. Nice touch. It took me literally around 30 minutes to beat hard mode Vandheer :o

The graphics are really nice too, they made me wonder a bit whether the world they're in is more like heaven or hell.
Aku saturos
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Aku saturos Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:47 am

Its pretty amazing, i dont have to bother an eagle anymore to make myself getting slow, Can't wait to see it in Armor games however, i will post this in the forums for an advance screening for the gamers.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:48 pm

где можно скачать (потирает руки)
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:39 pm

Aku saturos wrote:Dan sorry if i miss anything special for all your hard work and i have one question.

Is this a prequel?,sequel?, interquel? etc...

Culmination takes place between Chapter 4 and Chapter 6 of Armed with Wings 3.
Alessa Mason
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Alessa Mason Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:15 pm

GREAT combat system.
GREAT Leveling system.
GREAT animation

But.........

WEAK storyline

Trust me, Daniel, please trust me
Deep down in your heart, I swear You don't like Lone Warrior very much.

If you hate Lone Warrior, why do you create him for the first time?
We, Forsaken, never give up.
We never forget.
We never die.
This. Is. Our. Land.
You want to stay.
You stay here forever.
We gonna bury you here.....
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:28 pm

Alessa Mason wrote:GREAT combat system.
GREAT Leveling system.
GREAT animation

But.........

WEAK storyline

Alessa, for the last time...

...Culmination was created solely to test out Daniel's new Blackmist framework, not for the storyline!
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:37 pm

QwertyFail wrote:
GREAT Leveling system.
GREAT animation

But.........

WEAK storyline

Alessa, for the last time...

...Culmination was created solely to test out Daniel's new Blackmist framework, not for the storyline!

we should make a special topic just for that :lol:
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:30 pm

GREAT Leveling system.
GREAT animation

But.........

WEAK storyline

Sorry Alessa, there's no way you known we that well to known what is in my 'heart', per say.
I like the Lone Warrior very much, in fact.
Trust me I wouldn't spend 9 months working on a game with a hero I didn't like...that doesn't make sense.

But please let us known what aspect of story is lacking
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:47 pm

kokoro wrote:
GREAT Leveling system.
GREAT animation

But.........

WEAK storyline

I totally agree with you.

Not only Culmination,but also AWW3. WHY did Dan abandon Lone Warrior,abandon old characters? :cry:

He let Eivana be killed by Network in the west, and let Lone Warrior be killed by Vandheer in the east, discomfiting them so; Finally, a kid arose them two and chopped Vandheer roughly.

We love Leon, but we also love old heros, for the memory of AWW1&2 and Red Moon. Please,treat them better.

Now that you've mentioned it, Dan has been kinda harsh on Lone Warrior lately...
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:15 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:
GREAT Leveling system.
GREAT animation

But.........

WEAK storyline

Sorry Alessa, there's no way you known we that well to known what is in my 'heart', per say.
Trust me I wouldn't spend 9 months working on a game with a hero I didn't like...that doesn't make sense.

culmination doesn't lack stor...it fits perfectly into the main story :) ...the only thing it lacks are cutscenes :twisted:
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:18 pm

Replaying Culmination while listening to Reasoner & Bjra - Diffuse It is one of the best experiences ever!
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:24 pm

Cosminel wrote:
Daniel Sun wrote:
GREAT Leveling system.
GREAT animation

But.........

WEAK storyline

culmination doesn't lack stor...it fits perfectly into the main story :) ...the only thing it lacks are cutscenes :twisted:

Ah, cutscenes.
I'd love to have done them for Culmination but they take SO MUCH TIME. But wouldn't a short Armed with Wings flash movie be cool....

by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:15 pm

Dan a flash movie would be awesome!\
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:25 am

that would be more than epic :twisted:
Aku saturos
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Aku saturos Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:42 am

Its pretty weird actually that we have to play the part of Vandheer lorde when we came face to face. Anyway i wander if it has to do something of using Adobe Photoshop CS5.
Return to News