All the latest news here..
User avatar
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1335
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 am
Location: Australia

Miner Mayhem

by Daniel Sun Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:50 pm

I'd like to bring your attention away from Sun-Studios for a brief moment to focus on the works of a good friend of mine. A simple balance game by 14mbcrate.com.
http://www.14mbcrate.com/games/miner_mayhem.php
14mbcrate was created by Obe Brandford, a good 'ol chap I studied with last year. He's just launched his website and released his first game! I encourage ya'll to go check out his blog, there is lots to read.
User avatar
sumrandumstuff
Nebula
Nebula
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:32 pm
Location: America

Re: Miner Mayhem

by sumrandumstuff Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:44 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:I'd like to bring your attention away from Sun-Studios for a brief moment to focus on the works of a good friend of mine. A simple balance game by 14mbcrate.com.
http://www.14mbcrate.com/games/miner_mayhem.php
14mbcrate was created by Obe Brandford, a good 'ol chap I studied with last year. He's just launched his website and released his first game! I encourage ya'll to go check out his blog, there is lots to read.

This game was fun. I set da highscore
Image
Tsukasa getting her new phone to work!
From anime, Lucky Star!
User avatar
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 am
Location: Romania

Re: Miner Mayhem

by Cosminel Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:41 pm

I suck at this game :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image
User avatar
lvlsomething
Nova
Nova
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:54 pm
Location: Texas, United States

Re: Miner Mayhem

by lvlsomething Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:21 pm

I'm pretty sure I set the highest score of dying the fastest.
User avatar
Vandheer Lorde II
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:20 am
Location: QLD Australia

Re: Miner Mayhem

by Vandheer Lorde II Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:29 pm

lvlsomething wrote:I'm pretty sure I set the highest score of dying the fastest.


Nah I beat ya there, my PC ran this like shit so yea, needless to say i moved the mouse and 1 min later the platform moved^^
Image
User avatar
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 am
Location: Romania

Re: Miner Mayhem

by Cosminel Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:15 am

Vandheer Lorde II wrote:
lvlsomething wrote:I'm pretty sure I set the highest score of dying the fastest.


Nah I beat ya there, my PC ran this like shit so yea, needless to say i moved the mouse and 1 min later the platform moved^^


I beated you 2 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image
User avatar
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1335
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 am
Location: Australia

Re: Miner Mayhem

by Daniel Sun Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:06 pm

Vandheer Lorde II wrote:
lvlsomething wrote:I'm pretty sure I set the highest score of dying the fastest.


Nah I beat ya there, my PC ran this like shit so yea, needless to say i moved the mouse and 1 min later the platform moved^^


Then you're going to need a better pc if you want to run Armed with Wings 3.
User avatar
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 am
Location: Romania

Re: Miner Mayhem

by Cosminel Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:00 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:
Vandheer Lorde II wrote:
lvlsomething wrote:I'm pretty sure I set the highest score of dying the fastest.


Nah I beat ya there, my PC ran this like shit so yea, needless to say i moved the mouse and 1 min later the platform moved^^


Then you're going to need a better pc if you want to run Armed with Wings 3.


Dan...now I'm hopping at only one thing from AWW3....to not a have a fucking hiden buttom that you must find and press or activate it open a gate or a brige etc. I don't like this kind of things....like in AWW1 when it took me one day to find the secret chamber on the laser level(well i didn't find it I watched on youtube how you can pass that level) or other secret places
Image
User avatar
Vandheer Lorde II
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:20 am
Location: QLD Australia

Re: Miner Mayhem

by Vandheer Lorde II Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:03 am

Daniel Sun wrote:
Vandheer Lorde II wrote:
Nah I beat ya there, my PC ran this like shit so yea, needless to say i moved the mouse and 1 min later the platform moved^^


Then you're going to need a better pc if you want to run Armed with Wings 3.


Yea i kno, I can however just DL it (If you would be kind enough to link me)
And then make the window size smaller, that helped with Aww2 alot^^
Image
NintendoAgent
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Miner Mayhem

by NintendoAgent Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:58 am

For his first game that's impressive! His web design reminds me of yours.
User avatar
qwerty-space
Nebula
Nebula
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 1:12 pm

Re: Miner Mayhem

by qwerty-space Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:43 pm

NintendoAgent wrote:For his first game that's impressive! His web design reminds me of yours.

yeah it does. dan what site did you go on to make sun-studios? i can tell he is inspired by you. i dont think the game was so great its rather simple it shouldnt be a tipping plat from it should just be a moving person along the floor that moves with your mouse not at a certain speed. itl be better that way. i think.
Image
User avatar
sumrandumstuff
Nebula
Nebula
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:32 pm
Location: America

Re: Miner Mayhem

by sumrandumstuff Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:24 pm

ankrotachi10 wrote:
NintendoAgent wrote:For his first game that's impressive! His web design reminds me of yours.

yeah it does. dan what site did you go on to make sun-studios? i can tell he is inspired by you. i dont think the game was so great its rather simple it shouldnt be a tipping plat from it should just be a moving person along the floor that moves with your mouse not at a certain speed. itl be better that way. i think.

It makes it more challenging the way it is.
Image
Tsukasa getting her new phone to work!
From anime, Lucky Star!
User avatar
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1335
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 am
Location: Australia

Re: Miner Mayhem

by Daniel Sun Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:31 am

ankrotachi10 wrote:
NintendoAgent wrote:For his first game that's impressive! His web design reminds me of yours.

dan what site did you go on to make sun-studios?


What?
User avatar
Vandheer Lorde II
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:20 am
Location: QLD Australia

Re: Miner Mayhem

by Vandheer Lorde II Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:35 am

Obe wrote:Yes I was influenced by Daniel's site a lot. I made mine from scratch though, and I'm fairly sure Daniel did the same. The game is intended to be a bit difficult (I think I made it a bit too difficult though, but it was mostly just practice so that I'd be able to make something better down the line).

-Obe


Oh hello, We are truly honored to have you here^^ *Fetches some tea*
Image
Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest