All the latest news here..
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Junk Update + Patreon

by Daniel Sun Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:49 pm

The new Sun-Studios website features a new Junk section. This Junk section is for showcasing various creations that are not likely to be finished, or that are just plain stupid. Today I've added even more Junk to this bin!

Flying Sheep

Flappy Bird was the craze earlier this year. I remember reading that the developer had earned around 50k in a single day purely from ad revenue! So, like many other developers, I created my own Flappy Bird. It took 2 nights to complete, working both on flash and android. Check it out! (let me know if you'd like an apk)

Retro Gunner

This is a prototype I whipped together back in 2012. Retro Gunner is like a 2nd to Heavy Gunner, but more Retro-ish. This game was born from a growing frustration with many new Pixel art games. You see, too many pixel games are just... old... they may as well have been developed in the 90's. I remember Mega Man 9 coming out a few years ago, and much to my disappointment it didn't take advantage of any new VFX. I want to see pixel games with active cameras, blur FX, bloom FX, shaders! FFS I was doing that sort of stuff in Power Star, why not translate such FX to a game?!?! With that said, we are starting to see that stuff now which is great (Legend of Dungeon, and SpriteLamp). Retro Gunner is a Pixel Shooter with some nice VFX, check it out!

I hope you guys are enjoying the Junk, please let me know if you want more stuff (I've got a few old hard drives with loootss of stuff) I'll keep rolling it in.
Remember too, ArmedwithWings.com features an active blog - so get detailed news about upcoming AwW games there! Why not share it with a friend?

Lastly I'd like to announce the Launch of my...
Patreon Campagin!

Patreon is a crowd funding platform, kinda like KickStarter - but ongoing month by month. Donate a small amount of money, monthly, to support your favorite creators and get rewarded!

Sun-Studios is my baby and I'd love nothing more than to spend my time building her up and up. It's a TOUGH game to keep this full time, however I'm making my best efforts these days to keep it that way. Hopefully we will never see Sun-Studios go on another year long silence.

If you can afford to donate a small amount to Sun-Studios via Patreon, you'll be helping a great deal to keep me working on Sun-Studios! That means more content, more games, more animations and more Armed with Wings! Check out the rewards I'm dishing out - Early Game Builds of Armed with Wings (Play upcoming games right now!), Sketchbook giveaways, exclusive art ect...! It's like being a VIP member.

I'd love to hear from you guys, so drop a line here on the forums, guests can comment on site news too!
Spread the word - I love you all!
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

Re: Junk Update + Patreon

by Omar Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:29 am

I will support you after I get my credit card working.
As you can see. My bank decided to void my card all together and now I cannot withdraw money for some apparent reason. So next Monday I'm planning to withdraw all my money from the bank and cancel everything with my current bank.

I'm going to move on with a different one, despite some stupid implementations.
Oh well. But hey, I want to help in something.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:34 am

I wish I could support all the Patreons I like ;~; Well, I guess I'll be missing the cool stuff.

Anyway, good luck.
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:15 am

16thSquadSanseki wrote:I wish I could support all the Patreons I like ;~; Well, I guess I'll be missing the cool stuff.

Anyway, good luck.

Hey Daniel!
Is there a way I can donate for a person who wants to play the game too?
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:52 am

I don't think there is an option for gifts on Patreon - who is the person in question?
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:23 am

The person who wishes to support all type of patreons.
You know the one i quoted...
Return to News