All the latest news here..
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun-Studios 9 is here!

by Daniel Sun Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:05 am

It's been so long...
It's been 4 years... 4 long years since I launched Sun-Studios 8. The launch of a new website is always exciting for me... but this time it is different... this time marks the beginning of a new chapter in my life! Allow me to explain:

Since I have updated you...
I've been busy trying to stay alive... sadly that has resulted in neglecting Sun-Studios - I haven't been able to deliver new content for a while now as I've been cornered into taking contract work in order to keep up with bills and expenses.

I couldn't return...
But I never forgot about this place, and I always planned my return to independent development. Although I was not able to build up this site, I was able engages followers through facebook, it was awesome keeping in touch with some of you over that time. The Sun-Studios and Armed with Wings pages have been growing stronger and stronger, and I really appreciate it. The plan was to keep Sun-Studios active in some capacity until I could realign my priorities.

But now I'm back!
At last, the time has come! Weeks ago I refreshed the forum, now regular blogging has resumed... I'm growing on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram finding new friends in new places... Very soon I will launch my Patreon Campain too (more on that VERY soon) and now... finally... I present to you all the brand spanking new:

Ahhh.... at last it is here. Breath it in, absorb it... love it! Isn't she pretty?! I actually built most of this site in May 2013. At the time however I fell into financial struggle, and have been in trouble ever since really... Not to mention, I grew unimpressed with the old site's design. Now, in September 2014, I revisited this design and thought to myself... It wouldn't be difficult to update it and complete it... I could have a new website up in a few weeks!. So here we are.... and I'm delighted! I hope you are too.

Fresh HomePage
The site can now feature 3 BIG items on the homepage! I think this will provoke newcomers to investigate some amazing games like Culmination and Armed with Wings 3 (currently featured). The blog posts are much bigger and easier to read than before, and the side bar is now packed with content! Sun-Studios has now got a live Instagram feed, social network links, blog post history and even a cool link to armedwithwings.com - More to come too, I'll never leave you lonely again - the homepage will very much be alive and changing. I promise.

Games and Movies
Content on these pages are now BIG and JUICY with a much SMARTER layout. In addition, each piece of content is complimented with 7 different icons and images that might be handy for cropping and creating artwork. See if you can find a use for them, and show me what you've done with them. I always love seeing your work.

Junk
This is a brand new section! Junk will be a mixture of different bits and pieces I haven't really used anywhere else. I have a lot of unfinished, yet super interesting work which I'll be posting to this section. Expect this bin to be filled up really soon!

Company page
This page describes Sun-Studios, what we are about and how we can help you! There are many services available, from Animation to Webdesign, and especially a game or three... or more... hopefully a lot more!

This is only the beginning! Stay tuned as I actively contribute more and more to Sun-Studios and to you. I invite you to take part in it. Please, tell your friends about this site, share the content around social networks, comment and ask me as many questions as you like! Heck, join the forum! I'm active there on a daily basis would love to engage in conversation with any, and every, one of you.

D-Sun.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

Re: Sun-Studios 9 is here!

by Omar Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:54 pm

Site is looking sexy.
It's finally a breath of fresh air to me and to everybody.
Cannot wait for 'the BIG one' to come out.
I hope you get all the support from everyone on the internet.
Kalk

by Kalk Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:05 pm

Slick new look Dan. Got the e-mail and thought I would check it out again. Haven't worked in 3 months. Been taking a break.

One disappointment with the new look... saw the turd for the "junk" section. Bit disappointed with that. Not realistic enough. I don't even see one peanut.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:13 pm

Kalk wrote:Slick new look Dan. Got the e-mail and thought I would check it out again. Haven't worked in 3 months. Been taking a break.

One disappointment with the new look... saw the turd for the "junk" section. Bit disappointed with that. Not realistic enough. I don't even see one peanut.

Hey hey! Long time no chat dude. I should probably work this into that icon:

Omar wrote:Site is looking sexy.
It's finally a breath of fresh air to me and to everybody.
Cannot wait for 'the BIG one' to come out.
I hope you get all the support from everyone on the internet.

Thanks man! I hope so too!
Nameless1
Nebula
Nebula

by Nameless1 Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:37 am

"Oh you've redecorated, I don't like it."

Except that I love, goddam this is sleek.
Make guns not war.

I'm water person, think of a Pisces with a longsword.
qwerty-space
Nebula
Nebula

by qwerty-space Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:33 pm

Nameless1 wrote:"Oh you've redecorated, I don't like it."

Except that I love, goddam this is sleek.

Got the reference ;)

Guess who's back, back again. Sun-studios is back, tell a friend! wooot!

Yeah, it has been along time! I am very pleased that it is back though!
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:19 am

Gooood! Junk section updated with new shit!
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:42 am

Welcome back Network and Nebula.

We've missed you.
Kalk

by Kalk Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:49 pm

Oh, I see, didn't miss me eh? Completely understandable hahaha.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:35 pm

Kalk wrote:Oh, I see, didn't miss me eh? Completely understandable hahaha.

I thought I posted a welcome back post for you. I think it didn't save properly then.
But hey man welcome back!
sparky
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by sparky Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:16 am

Wow everything looks so great.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:00 am

sparky wrote:Wow everything looks so great.

Welcome Back, sparky!

Well it's settled, we've finally re-built the kingdom once consumed by bots.
I think this small community will do for now.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:49 am

Yup, rather impressed I must say with the community response since the forum refresh. Got a few tricks up my sleeve to build it up further.
Return to News