All the latest news here..
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

August Update

by Daniel Sun Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:43 am

Been awhile since I've dropped a word bomb onto the internet - so here we go!
It's August 2013! Since Mario POWPOWPOW, I've been working hard on a few contract gigs. One of which was Laval Unleashed for CartoonNetwork.com!
Currently I'm working toward completion of another separate contract as well as various web development job here and there... Long story short, I'm keeping myself very busy.

Now Among all this money making madness, I've a couple of game projects in the pipeline. Those paying attention to my facebook page will have seen some screenshots of a new Armed with Wings 1. The truth is I'm going to revisit the previous Armed with Wings games - update graphics, fix bugs, include more content before packaging it up into a Armed with Wings Collection! Trust me it'll be cool as this is cooking to be rather delicious, you'll all love it. I'll be turning up the heat mid August with a more formal announcment.

Speaking of Armed with Wings, armedwithwings.com is live! Everyone flock there now and see! This website is my vessel - I'll be using her to blog the entire production of the 'BIG ONE'. The site also features my official artworks and illustrations as well as various pieces of fan art too!

Finally, Keyboard Command is also still a project that is coming! You may remember it from last year... The game is actually extremely fun! Fast paced twitch reaction mashed with words and guns - what could be better?

For now, that is all I have. Have fun!
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

Re: August Update

by Crimson Thorn Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:03 pm

That Armed With Wings screenshot looks sweet! Its cool to know that you are updating the old games as well as making a new one, even more to look forward too. Cant wait to see what the new AwW 2 will look like. More Vandheer Lorde Badassery in an updated game :twisted: Keep up all the good work.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:28 am

Nice. BTW, I think you once said on facebook that people from newgrounds will be able to test the game if they give you names, I guess it's impossible for unregistered people? :< Well, I guess I'll have to make an account... Oh well, I guess it's too late anyway...

Also, I have a question. What kind of weapon is Lone Warrior using? Is it a katana? Or some kind of original sword? (And will we ever get to know different name than Lone Warrior? xD)
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Gyokari

by Gyokari Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:59 am

What you do is incredible. I know... this might sound like just another ordinary compliment everyone tells you, but it's true, you really made me "feel" this game. When i started playing flash games i was playing this stuff just to kill the time. But, after playing Armed With wings i realised that a flash game could mean more than just a game, a puzzle. I found out that flash games could mean pure ART. Armed With Wings is the best example i could show. What you do is an incredible form of art . I'm glad i played your games (and i;m not referring only at AWW series), your work/your art gave me new eyes for flash games.
:))) i might over reacted and sounded boring.... anyway.... no matter how long this comment might be, no matter what words i use to express myself i use, the message... the simple message i want to tell you is
Thank You
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:16 am

Gyokari wrote:What you do is incredible. I know... this might sound like just another ordinary compliment everyone tells you, but it's true, you really made me "feel" this game. When i started playing flash games i was playing this stuff just to kill the time. But, after playing Armed With wings i realised that a flash game could mean more than just a game, a puzzle. I found out that flash games could mean pure ART. Armed With Wings is the best example i could show. What you do is an incredible form of art . I'm glad i played your games (and i;m not referring only at AWW series), your work/your art gave me new eyes for flash games.
:))) i might over reacted and sounded boring.... anyway.... no matter how long this comment might be, no matter what words i use to express myself i use, the message... the simple message i want to tell you is
Thank You

Thank you SO MUCH for the kind words! Flash games can be so amazing, it's true. I love the flash platform and care for it dearly. Thank you infinitely for your support. I apologize for the lack of new AwW news - I'm so disgustingly busy these days... but it's coming :)
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:19 pm

Well at least its a bit of information for Armed with wings :D

I haven't had any time to see you in your live streams. it's been a while since i made fun of your fans "Cough" QWERTY "Cough"
but you barely update your twitter and i use twitter more then facebook.

By the way, you said you were going to annouce Armed with wings on GamesCom or E3. still nothing. :(
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Blackout Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:58 pm

Are you taking suggestions, because I have a few :)

First off, something not related to the game it self but making an AwW forum on http://www.armedwithwings.com would be cool ;).

Now for the game:
I'll start out with something I wouldn't suggest doing. I'll be honest, I'm not a huge AwW 3 fan, except for the survival, which imo is the best part of the game and is amazing, but one of my problems with AwW 3 is that it looked like a game. I personally prefer AwW 2 over 3, and if culmination didn't have such a great combat system, id say AwW 2 would be the best game. What I'm saying is, AwW 3 is a game, but AwW 2 is art. Not only does the combat system make you feel like you're in control, but also makes the player feel alive and as if they were the character, not controlling a character in a computer game.

Really my point is, making it more like AwW 2 would make it better than making it more like AwW 3

Next, Zooming in the Camera more on Armed with Wings as much as it is in AwW 2. Just makes the experience better somehow.

If you can, giving AwW a breeze affect like he has in Culmination.

Changing the final boss battle music. I like brawl music and all, but this is probably the number 1 complaint about AwW 1. The Minotaur one is fine though. I wouldn't suggest borrowing one of the music pieces in another AwW game though.

Re-do survival mode! This is probably the one thing about AwW 1 that I think would be good if it was more like AwW 3. I don't have much suggestion here for what it should be like, maybe include bosses like Vandheer and the Minotaur.

Straightening Vandheer. Anyone who's played AwW 1 and AwW 2 know Vandheers' posture has noticeably changed. Making it consistent with AwW 2 would be good.

Filling in plot holes. I'm not sure how much you can do for that in AwW 1, but just an idea.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 9/3/13

Adding difficulties. I think many would argue that AwW 1 is the hardest AwW game in the series. Making AwW 1 hard is something I personally like about the game, and makes the boss fights much more intense, regardless how many time you do them. However, first time AwW gamers sometimes get really turned off by the difficulty of the Minotaur boss, yet some like me who are experienced fighting him don't have the same rush as we did back when he was harder for us. So I want to suggest adding three difficulty levels like in AwW 2, making the easiest level challenging for the noobs, but not so much to experienced players, keeping it equally as hard for normal difficulty, and making like a god mode that will always be challenging even for the most experienced player. I know in AwW 1 if you let Vandheer live long enough, he goes into god-mode, easily making him the hardest boss in all of the AwW series once in this state. I challenge anyone to wait long enough(so goes into god-mode) without so much as touching Vandheer until he goes into god mode, and try to beat him. Trust me, you will know when he goes into god mode. But anyway, making VL as hard as he is in god mode would be awesome, except making him beatable(lol).

Being able to turn the music and/or sound FX off. I'm sure you've heard this before :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 9/7/13

Multiplayer! This does not even need an explanation. Making a multiplayer server would be the best thing you could ever do to any of your AwW games, at least in my opinion, and I'm sure a good amount of people agree! If it was up to me to design multiplayer, I would first implement it in AwW 1. As the games are being remade, I'd put the link to the multiplayer server. At least for now I would put AwW, VL, Eivana and Hawkin as playable characters, where players in teams or by themselves can fight an opposing team or opponent, having a choice of different arenas(like places in other AwW games, more specifically AwW 2, and also places that haven't really been thought of). However, I would put an alert above where you would enter the "multiplayer lobby" encouraging players to play through the other AwW games first.
Hopefully a new menu will look something like this :)!
Update 10/20/13

Intensifying or revisiting AwW's chargeable attack it looks great already, but making it look even stronger than it already does would just add more to the effect of the blow.

Those are my thoughts. I may update this so keep and eye out for them :)!

-- Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:14 pm --

After seeing the youtube video, wow! It looks amazing
Last edited by Blackout on Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vandheer13

by vandheer13 Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:06 am

about armed with wings, I was just thinking, maybe to buy time for a new storyline and all that, you should make an armed with wings arena! I love the armed with wings series and always thought it would be cool to pit the characters of different games against each other. I mea it would have to be fairly simple but it would be cool. Best of luck to you, I really hope your games succeed, also wud love to see an armed with wings online vs feature someday.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:57 pm

Blackout wrote:First off, something not related to the game it self but making an AwW forum on http://www.armedwithwings.com would be cool ;).

About that I PMed Daniel some time ago and he said this forum will be linked to the site :) We just gotta bring it back to life xD
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Return to News