All the latest news here..
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mario POWPOWPOW fan game!

by Daniel Sun Sat May 11, 2013 7:53 am

I've been working hard for the past 2 months to bring you guys a super cool Mario game mixed with some Icy Tower goodness. I guess I've been playing a little too much Wii U, which seems to have rekindled my passion for Nintendo games. I'm inspired once again to be creative as a fan boy and I must admit, it feels good. I may do another sprite movie/game this year - something to look forward to.

Check out the POWPOWPOW trailer below:

The game features 15 levels, various items/power ups, 7 attachments, 6 playable characters and online leader boards.
I'll be releasing the game on sun-studios nextweek. Stay tuned for more news.
sparky
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

Re: Mario POWPOWPOW fan game!

by sparky Sun May 12, 2013 1:28 am

It looks really cool, very much looking forward to it.
Egamers

by Egamers Sun May 19, 2013 9:00 pm

Good game keep it up Daniel

Efrain
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole

by VandheerLorde Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:24 am

Better late then never I guess, but I've been busy with my studies and final exams the last few months..

But never fear (or do, depending on...) But I'm back on the forums again 8-)

And i have to say, I've been playing this fun little addictive game quite a bit as of lately, and I agree with the guy on concept hunter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7X0JMhm-7c , This is a very nicely polished and fun game. Though I'll have to say, basing the style on Super Mario speaks in your favor ;)

Though nothing in this world is never perfect, and I Do have some comments to give after playing through the game.
For starters, there is a Very annoying and common glitch in the game where it decided to no longer spawn enemies, at all ... even if I or my friends playing quit the level and start again.. still no enemies spawning.. and it happens Very often .. It makes me think you MUST have noticed this glitch if you've played through your game.. and it's very annoying. Sure.. there can be like a "sandbox" mode where you turn enemy spawns off, but don't get score or achievements, but I just find the glitch to be very annoying when I try to play through the game when trying to satisfyingly Beat the game ... Fix this.

But you can breath a sigh of relief now Dan, this was the worst thing on my list.
The rest is just minor things on how some levels are Way to hard (for me >_<), though that is not a bad thing, but in contrast, some levels are almost too easy to the point of being boring.. 1-4, 2-1 and 3-3 being examples of such levels

An other note is the difference among all the unlock-able characters.. It's really nice that you've added other characters to unlock, really like that feature, however, the change in characters themselves.. I does not like as much, as they all have small flaws i dislike.. like Luigi got a weird acceleration issue imo, Bowser is Way to slow to be viable, while Sonic and Knuckles (though mostly Sonic) on the other hand is almost Too Fast xD And the characters with life, that dies on 3 hits instead of two.. the overbalance that they need 4 mushrooms to recover the damage of 1 hit.. makes that 1 extra durability hardly worth it. Not to mention the lack of being able to collect the fire-flower ...

All and all, I end up with the feeling that Mario is the most viable of all the characters, and that made me feel like unlocking all the other characters were more or less unrewarding. Could have been better if maybe all the characters maintained a more or less the same functionality (though light speed buffs and extra duration are welcomed additions), but don't make them miss-out on other fields as much as a cost. So lesser buffs, but close to no penalty, and have them work more as simply skins with new looks, sounds and effects instead would have been even Better.

Other than that, I really enjoy the game. Music is kick-ass, the difficulty progression is (most of the time) great and the variation in levels gives the game lots of fun play-through value. I like this game.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:28 am

VandheerLorde wrote:Better late then never I guess, but I've been busy with my studies and final exams the last few months..

But never fear (or do, depending on...) But I'm back on the forums again 8-)

And i have to say, I've been playing this fun little addictive game quite a bit as of lately, and I agree with the guy on concept hunter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7X0JMhm-7c , This is a very nicely polished and fun game. Though I'll have to say, basing the style on Super Mario speaks in your favor ;)

Though nothing in this world is never perfect, and I Do have some comments to give after playing through the game.
For starters, there is a Very annoying and common glitch in the game where it decided to no longer spawn enemies, at all ... even if I or my friends playing quit the level and start again.. still no enemies spawning.. and it happens Very often .. It makes me think you MUST have noticed this glitch if you've played through your game.. and it's very annoying. Sure.. there can be like a "sandbox" mode where you turn enemy spawns off, but don't get score or achievements, but I just find the glitch to be very annoying when I try to play through the game when trying to satisfyingly Beat the game ... Fix this.

But you can breath a sigh of relief now Dan, this was the worst thing on my list.
The rest is just minor things on how some levels are Way to hard (for me >_<), though that is not a bad thing, but in contrast, some levels are almost too easy to the point of being boring.. 1-4, 2-1 and 3-3 being examples of such levels

An other note is the difference among all the unlock-able characters.. It's really nice that you've added other characters to unlock, really like that feature, however, the change in characters themselves.. I does not like as much, as they all have small flaws i dislike.. like Luigi got a weird acceleration issue imo, Bowser is Way to slow to be viable, while Sonic and Knuckles (though mostly Sonic) on the other hand is almost Too Fast xD And the characters with life, that dies on 3 hits instead of two.. the overbalance that they need 4 mushrooms to recover the damage of 1 hit.. makes that 1 extra durability hardly worth it. Not to mention the lack of being able to collect the fire-flower ...

All and all, I end up with the feeling that Mario is the most viable of all the characters, and that made me feel like unlocking all the other characters were more or less unrewarding. Could have been better if maybe all the characters maintained a more or less the same functionality (though light speed buffs and extra duration are welcomed additions), but don't make them miss-out on other fields as much as a cost. So lesser buffs, but close to no penalty, and have them work more as simply skins with new looks, sounds and effects instead would have been even Better.

Other than that, I really enjoy the game. Music is kick-ass, the difficulty progression is (most of the time) great and the variation in levels gives the game lots of fun play-through value. I like this game.

hahaha thanks for the feed back Vandheerlorde. You truly must have played this game a lot to be able to pick up on so many details! I'm glad you enjoyed it despite it's set backs. I would have loved to add more polish to POWPOWPOW but I was already at the 2 month mark - I had to finish the game :S. Either way I'm glad to see my work engaging players in a real way. Cheers!
Return to News