All the latest news here..
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Global Game Jam post mortem

by Daniel Sun Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:43 pm

Last weekend was a complete slaughter. I participated in the Global Game Jam here in Melbourne. The event was hosted at the Academy of Interactive Entertainment which just so happens to be where I studied Professional Games Development back in 2006-2008. Whilst it was an awesome experience to return to my old school, the novelty would eventually wear off completely.
For those who don’t know, a the Global Game Jam is an international event where developers from around the world collaborate to create a complete game in only 48 hours. Some of the most creative games are made in these conditions... or at least a prototype that would later be fleshed out into a complete game.
Last year you may remember my game that I created for Game Jam then,Seasonal Sci Flies - Well this year, the theme was ‘Heart Beat’, well the sound of a heart beat.
My self and Matthew Dodd teamed up to create Madness of the Mind! A SpooOOokkKkyy HorRRroorRr game! Explore the ghostly mansion and discover it’s mysteries. I never thought I’d make a point & click game, but what do you know right!?

I think I’ll make another game like this in the future - but i’ll take my time and NOT do it in 48 hours...
As awesome as Game Jam is - It’s extremely stressful on the body.. at least for me it is. I only had 3-4 hours sleeps during the entire weekend. I was completely fatigue by the end, literally aching.
But in the end I felt it’s totally been worth it - If it wasn’t for the Game Jam I would have never created a game like this.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

Re: Global Game Jam post mortem

by Omar Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:57 pm

Jesus 48 hours? I can even have a decent game out in that time.

-- Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:57 am --

Jesus 48 hours? I can even have a decent game out in that time.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

Re: Global Game Jam post mortem

by Mikoto Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:48 pm

ohmygod, its very big job oooooouuu
wait
Return to News