General Rearmed chit-chat

Moderators: Blackout, VandheerLorde

Domideus
Newb

PvP counters and glitches i found.

by Domideus Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:53 am

If you are a TLDR kind of person i highlighted tips in blue and Glitches in green.
So after playing PvP with both a Keyboard and a controller and playing alongside Friends and family i feel safe to discuss some things i have found out while playing AWW.

I will start with glitches i have found.

If you position yourself correctly and teleport you can actually extend the length of the teleport Three fold by causing yourself to clip into a floating platform the game then tries to correct this by pushing you out the other end of the platform. My friend had found out this glitch and managed to abuse the hell out of it to get away from me and buy breathing time from my aggressive play style. I managed to do it once while playing against my friend and 4 or 5 times deliberately trying it on my own.

Tips:
The game has a lot to it however pvp is a lot easier than you'd think.
On the ground.
S, (or heavy attack) is countered by a tap of D to dodge it.
A, (light attack) can be interrupted by properly blocking and then pressing block again for a counter attack.
Up A is countered by Down A generally
Use the teleport Q for time to breathe or a sloppy substitute for a dodge. (You will be outside of striking range.)

To counter-attack it will require prediction.
If you anticipate a Dodge to your heavy attack. flip around and block, immediately roll into them to flank them.
If you anticipate a counter or hear a clang Do a Up heavy attack.
If you anticipate they will teleport. roll into them and then teleport, if done correctly you will not lose ground.

Enjoy and i hope these simple things i have found help you

-DallasS
Vandheer_Lorde_PL
Core Nova
Core Nova

Re: PvP counters and glitches i found.

by Vandheer_Lorde_PL Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Domideus wrote:If you are a TLDR kind of person i highlighted tips in blue and Glitches in green.
So after playing PvP with both a Keyboard and a controller and playing alongside Friends and family i feel safe to discuss some things i have found out while playing AWW.

If you position yourself correctly and teleport you can actually extend the length of the teleport Three fold by causing yourself to clip into a floating platform the game then tries to correct this by pushing you out the other end of the platform. My friend had found out this glitch and managed to abuse the hell out of it to get away from me and buy breathing time from my aggressive play style. I managed to do it once while playing against my friend and 4 or 5 times deliberately trying it on my own.

Tips:
On the ground.
A, (light attack) can be interrupted by properly blocking and then pressing block again for a counter attack.
Use the teleport Q for time to breathe or a sloppy substitute for a dodge. (You will be outside of striking range.)

If you anticipate a Dodge to your heavy attack. flip around and block, immediately roll into them to flank them.
If you anticipate they will teleport. roll into them and then teleport, if done correctly you will not lose ground.

-DallasS

Do u play using LW or VL?

tududu tududu I'm the best all the time I'm,
Domideus
Newb

Re: PvP counters and glitches i found.

by Domideus Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:49 am

Vandheer_Lorde_PL wrote:
Domideus wrote:If you are a TLDR kind of person i highlighted tips in blue and Glitches in green.

Tips:
On the ground.

-DallasS

Do u play using LW or VL?

Hey sorry for the late reply i had a rather busy new years day. The tips are based on the LW V LW however i find the glitch works with both LW and VL.
Return to Discussion