General Rearmed chit-chat

Moderators: Blackout, VandheerLorde

SOME GUY

Beast Nerf

by SOME GUY Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Beast needs a nerf, if anyone gets past wave 6 on normal, mind sharing how you got past the wave?
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

Re: Beast Nerf

by Blackout Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:07 am

SOME GUY wrote:If anyone gets past wave 6 on normal, mind sharing how you got past the wave?

I'm assuming this is the same level 6: https://youtu.be/IZE0CnrYOXU?t=5m3s

It's on futile, which should make the level even more difficult.
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole

by VandheerLorde Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:25 am

Blackout wrote:
SOME GUY wrote:If anyone gets past wave 6 on normal, mind sharing how you got past the wave?

I'm assuming this is the same level 6: https://youtu.be/IZE0CnrYOXU?t=5m3s

It's on futile, which should make the level even more difficult.
I Think he might be referring to survival mode.. since he's talking about waves of enemies...
SOME GUY

by SOME GUY Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:34 am

Aye, survival
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Blackout Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:57 am

SOME GUY wrote:Aye, survival

Ok. 99% of the time I use the master sword and modifiers in survival so I don't have much of a problem until later on.
SOME GUY

by SOME GUY Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:14 pm

I see, but how does one pass wave 6 with only a katana/no bonusses added?
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole

by VandheerLorde Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:53 pm

SOME GUY wrote:I see, but how does one pass wave 6 with only a katana/no bonusses added?
This is not going to be the most helpful advice.. but either you get good, or you mostly likely won't pass.

I consider survival mode to be more of a post-game feature, and not something to tackle at the very start of the game. At least not with the current balance in survival mode.
SOME GUY

by SOME GUY Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:33 pm

I didn't tackle it early, I just decided to do a challenge, those beasts only spawn past wave 5, and lately I've been having trouble getting past wave 6 because of one reason, the beasts, I just need ideas how some of you get past wave 6.
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Blackout Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:34 pm

SOME GUY wrote:I just need ideas how some of you get past wave 6.

Now that I remember, if you can push to beast all the way to a wall, you can just stun-lock it using the three standard attacks and tjen the two down standard attacks and then repeat. You'll have to kill everything else coming after you first, though.
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole

by VandheerLorde Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:41 pm

I've done a 'beating Vandheer with only katana and no boosters without taking any damage' challenge, and I've done an 'Entire playthrough with only katana and no boosters without dying' challenge, both of which I've managed (through the playthrough was before the implementation of the 2nd boss). But I haven't done a survival mode with only katana and no boosters challenge. In story mode The beasts are usually easily separated from other enemies, where they can be dispatched by using the down-power attack and dodging backwards for maximum charge-up time. In survival mode however where you get swarmed by other enemies I haven't figured out an effective method dealing with the beasts..

Perhaps using the down-attacks for extra range to hit them from afar, and the use the backward-dodge attack to gain distance between it and you when it gets too close, and when you'll get cornered into a wall I would recommend using the double Up-Power jump trick followed by aerial attacks for extended gliding distance while falling (This till give you more distance than using the dash with low level swords) to jump OVER the beasts instead of trying to dodge through them.

hope some of my advice will be found helpful.
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Blackout Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:54 pm

VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole

by VandheerLorde Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:20 pm

Blackout wrote:Try this: https://youtu.be/jr18-kz3fKE
And this is a perfect example of what I meant when I said "get good".

But seriously well played Blackout!
SOME GUY

by SOME GUY Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:47 am

Aye, that seems to work well, I'll have to be using uppercuts and down strikes much more often. Thanks.
SOME GUY

by SOME GUY Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:54 am

Although I did get past those beasts, I wish there was another way around them with normal combos.
Return to Discussion