General Rearmed chit-chat

Moderators: Blackout, VandheerLorde

Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

Regular "Beast" Discussion

by Blackout Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:58 pm

Since the release of v0.8, I've noticed that it is now impossible to constantly stun-lock it with only the standard attacks using the Katana. I believe this is a good change, however, I think the way it was done so could be improved upon.

Currently, using the down-standard attacks will eventually pull LW past the beast so you are unable to continue to hit it. I thought this as a king of strange "fix" to an arguably broken mechanic compared to something that would keep the player in front of the beast whilst preventing to unending stun-lock.

Anyone else notice this and feel the same way?
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Regular "Beast" Discussion

by Daniel Sun Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:37 pm

This is actually the result of my fine tuning the collision system.

What I did was make the friction between the player and the enemies less stiff. Sometime if you try to Forward+B through 3 guys, you hit the first one then halt. That kind of stuff is less likely to happen now.

This also means that the Lone Warriors Down+A is not able to push past the beast with momentum. Totally accidental.

But I think I like the way it breaks the stun lock.
I still want to add some extra attacks to the enemies to help them counter stun locking, and force the player to think.
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole

by VandheerLorde Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:11 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:This is actually the result of my fine tuning the collision system.

What I did was make the friction between the player and the enemies less stiff.
Whatever fine tuning made to the collision system have made it possible to simply run past ALL* (*except those that hit you when attempting to run past) enemies without colliding with them at all.

before the update, if you attempted to run past an enemy, it would body-block you, and you would have to use your dodge mobility to pass them. Now, as long as the enemy won't hit you, you can just run past most normal enemies with no collision.

I first noticed this through my lot of my combos missing, since my attacks moved my character though the enemies, instad putting myself open to attacks. It's easy to say this frustrated me quite a bit until I found out why that kept happening.

I do like that it fixed a stun-lock issue, and it does increase the mastery ceiling, since it requires a finer control over your character to keep yourself out of harms way and which attacks works well together to keep your target inside the next attacks hitbox. However, as I said, I did find it a but frustrating, and overall would say I prefer the old collision where you automatically stayed infront of enemies.

Edit: I took the liberty of moving this post to discussions
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:00 pm

VandheerLorde wrote:
Daniel Sun wrote:This is actually the result of my fine tuning the collision system.

What I did was make the friction between the player and the enemies less stiff.
Whatever fine tuning made to the collision system have made it possible to simply run past ALL* (*except those that hit you when attempting to run past) enemies without colliding with them at all.

before the update, if you attempted to run past an enemy, it would body-block you, and you would have to use your dodge mobility to pass them. Now, as long as the enemy won't hit you, you can just run past most normal enemies with no collision.

I first noticed this through my lot of my combos missing, since my attacks moved my character though the enemies, instad putting myself open to attacks. It's easy to say this frustrated me quite a bit until I found out why that kept happening.

I do like that it fixed a stun-lock issue, and it does increase the mastery ceiling, since it requires a finer control over your character to keep yourself out of harms way and which attacks works well together to keep your target inside the next attacks hitbox. However, as I said, I did find it a but frustrating, and overall would say I prefer the old collision where you automatically stayed infront of enemies.

Edit: I took the liberty of moving this post to discussions

I've put the old collison system back in, but it's slightly refined so that the power dash let's you travel through enemies. Expect in next update :D
Return to Discussion