Please report any bugs you find here!

Moderators: Blackout, VandheerLorde

DarklordMogrithe
Core Nova
Core Nova

Fix Level 21's Puzzle

by DarklordMogrithe Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:22 am

Though not necessarily a bug, the puzzle in Level 21 can be skipped right now simply by jumping onto the pressure pad that open the exit hatch. To prevent this, you can either make the passage to the pressure pad an eagle-only tunnel or require that the pad be held down constantly for the hatch to remain open.
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

Re: Fix Level 21's Puzzle

by Blackout Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:27 am

I remember Dan commenting this on one time and said something along the lines of he enjoyed how players were able to think outside the box as a solution to the puzzle. It's become one of my favorite "exploits" and one I would not like to see removed.
DarklordMogrithe
Core Nova
Core Nova

by DarklordMogrithe Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:35 pm

Blackout wrote:I remember Dan commenting this on one time and said something along the lines of he enjoyed how players were able to think outside the box as a solution to the puzzle. It's become one of my favorite "exploits" and one I would not like to see removed.

I always figured this was something that arose accidentally from the addition of dodge-jumping and was something that was not noticed or removed since. If that's not the case, it's still an action that would probably seem obvious to anyone that knows how to jump. I'm not opposed to multiple solutions to this puzzle, but I think one should take more cleverness to come up with so that the work put towards making the puzzle isn't wasted.

For an example of an exploit that requires some cleverness, placing the button across a spiked pit might make players question whether they should risk jumping across or solve the puzzle. This would allow a similar amount of time taken to the current puzzle, but it comes down to the goal of the playthrough. If the player is doing a speedrun, it would make sense to jump; if they were doing a normal run or were new to the game, it would be safer to solve the puzzle.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:57 am

Fixed. Coming in 0.9.0
Return to Bugs & Support