Follow the development of Culmination..
3lijahG
Black Mist
Black Mist

Re: Production Blog Entry #4

by 3lijahG Sun May 01, 2011 8:49 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:
Armed with Waffles wrote:Yeah but the number of plays are more than the sales of Black Ops. Black Ops was 12-13 million I think.

Intrestingly, Armed with Wings 3 has been played 5,307,464 times.

divided by 3, 4 or 5 depending on how many times some one replayed the game...
orochimaru yukyuzan anji erza scarlett fuwa aika tomoe fantasy a grimmjow jaggerjaques jesus diana leto zeus nero huey freeman apollo
Elgaeoel
Shouting Nova
Shouting Nova

by Elgaeoel Sun May 01, 2011 9:14 pm

Speaking of Armed With Wings 3, does anyone know where the air strike special is? I've scoured the game levels,but have never found it.

And about Culmination, I have no complaints about anything; it all seems to be coming along very well.
For of all sad words of tongue or pen/ The saddest are these: "It might have been!"
3lijahG
Black Mist
Black Mist

by 3lijahG Sun May 01, 2011 10:38 pm

Elgaeoel wrote:Speaking of Armed With Wings 3, does anyone know where the air strike special is? I've scoured the game levels,but have never found it.

And about Culmination, I have no complaints about anything; it all seems to be coming along very well.

airstrike is use ful for when you miss a jump or are gonna fall to your death and you need a little boost upward! , but is out done by flash step .... my favorite special has to be spin cycle (great for survival mode)
orochimaru yukyuzan anji erza scarlett fuwa aika tomoe fantasy a grimmjow jaggerjaques jesus diana leto zeus nero huey freeman apollo
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Mon May 02, 2011 3:35 am

3lijahG wrote:
Elgaeoel wrote:Speaking of Armed With Wings 3, does anyone know where the air strike special is? I've scoured the game levels,but have never found it.

airstrike is use ful for when you miss a jump or are gonna fall to your death and you need a little boost upward! , but is out done by flash step .... my favorite special has to be spin cycle (great for survival mode)

I should have nerfed the spinning agile, too hack
3lijahG
Black Mist
Black Mist

by 3lijahG Mon May 02, 2011 10:59 pm

@ d-sun : that what makes following sun studios and your work fun, it's a work in progress and steadily improves and keeps us ... wanting more (funny video below btw)

HERE'S DANS LATEST CULMINATION PRODUCTION VIDEO

note: get your cooking utensils and cookware ready!!!

http://www.livestream.com/newchannel/po ... 5&time=785

(all links are the same)
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Wed May 04, 2011 8:57 am

Dan, it looks amazing man, great fluidity and Lighting, i probably won't be able to play it when it comes out, because i'm at my Mum's for awhile now and she has a very low Bandwidth limit -_-

and i personally think all this interest in Multiplayer content on games these days is stupid, what ever happened to a fantastic Campaign and story, or just damn good Gameplay, Mirror's Edge for example, i have played and finished the campaign over 200 times, it's just so much fun to play, very fluid and a one of a kind game, I also really like the Campaigns of MW2 and Black Ops, but they were too short or not inventive enough, the multiplayer is good yes, but it doesn't make a game like everyone thinks...

Multiplayer sells, but for all the wrong reasons :(
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Wed May 04, 2011 9:15 am

Vandheer Lorde II wrote:Dan, it looks amazing man, great fluidity and Lighting, i probably won't be able to play it when it comes out, because i'm at my Mum's for awhile now and she has a very low Bandwidth limit -_-

and i personally think all this interest in Multiplayer content on games these days is stupid, what ever happened to a fantastic Campaign and story, or just damn good Gameplay, Mirror's Edge for example, i have played and finished the campaign over 200 times, it's just so much fun to play, very fluid and a one of a kind game, I also really like the Campaigns of MW2 and Black Ops, but they were too short or not inventive enough, the multiplayer is good yes, but it doesn't make a game like everyone thinks...

I don't agree...I would like soo much a multiplayer...to beat all of you :twisted:
Alessa Mason
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Alessa Mason Wed May 04, 2011 9:49 am

Cosminel wrote:
Vandheer Lorde II wrote:Dan, it looks amazing man, great fluidity and Lighting, i probably won't be able to play it when it comes out, because i'm at my Mum's for awhile now and she has a very low Bandwidth limit -_-

I don't agree...I would like soo much a multiplayer...to beat all of you :twisted:

Puff.......multiplayer require more challenges...

Wait.back to the topic....

Since Culmination's atmosphere is sooo creepy.....I somehow mistaken it as a survival horror game....
We, Forsaken, never give up.
We never forget.
We never die.
This. Is. Our. Land.
You want to stay.
You stay here forever.
We gonna bury you here.....
3lijahG
Black Mist
Black Mist

by 3lijahG Wed May 04, 2011 6:36 pm

me and qwerty 1st hand got to test out a beta version of culmination while we were watching dan live! (last night for me)

plus pretty much any questions you guys have will most likely be answered during the live stream, so you guys should 100% make an effort to join him the next time around, dont miss out

and sarge kept his promise!!!
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Wed May 04, 2011 6:42 pm

3lijahG wrote:me and qwerty 1st hand got to test out a beta version of culmination while we were watching dan live! (last night for me)

plus pretty much any questions you guys have will most likely be answered during the live stream, so you guys should 100% make an effort to join him the next time around, dont miss out

and sarge kept his promise!!!

you lucky bastard :twisted: ...I want to watch it to 8-)
3lijahG
Black Mist
Black Mist

by 3lijahG Wed May 04, 2011 6:47 pm

im trying to find dans live account with no hope at all... cant find any links anywhere!!!

but yea shaun was there, chicken was involved, culmination playthrough, questions answered, jokes told, coding, funny coding / animation, enemey mad hops.... you guys missed out on alot, but dan should have a vidoe of what he did....

*edit*

http://www.livestream.com/sunstudiosnet
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Thu May 19, 2011 4:04 am

if he could buy a toyota supra then imagine futher. the art looks polished and has AWW3 features some were taken off one question why haven't you asked sony, microsoft, or valve to promote your games?
Nameless1
Nebula
Nebula

by Nameless1 Thu May 19, 2011 5:45 am

Hate to say it but probably because, to be honest NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT HIM. Look at the size of this forum for god sake! We area small group in the world who stumbled upon a gem while browsing flash games and honestly, when have we seen any of the companies you labeled support a small 2-D sidescrolling platformer (EA 2D doesn't count). It's not that easy.

On another note if you ever DO get ridiculously huge Dan, make something for steam, that indie section is so neglected these days.
Make guns not war.

I'm water person, think of a Pisces with a longsword.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Fri May 20, 2011 11:03 am

Nice to see the progress ^^
I like the dark atmosphere. And animation looks really good (well, no surprise here ^^). I can't wait to play it :D

EDIT: I'm trying to make the game more popular by sharing it with people, but, you know, I can't do much.
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
3lijahG
Black Mist
Black Mist

by 3lijahG Fri May 20, 2011 7:46 pm

same here, i 'recruited' chibykim if you will... and told her to post a link on her facebook page... every little bit helps.... were like the left arm of the one man machine known as daniel sun

-- Fri May 20, 2011 7:46 pm --

same here, i 'recruited' chibykim if you will... and told her to post a link on her facebook page... every little bit helps.... were like the left arm of the one man machine known as daniel sun

Armed with Waffles
Black Hole
Black Hole

by Armed with Waffles Sun May 22, 2011 9:48 am

Something caught my eye.
Lone warrior was 65% READY! That's good but... uhm... where is Vandheer?
Dan you said TWO playable character.
GENTLEMAN!
Chop of my head with such velocity
that my blood will rocket through my neck,
and propel my lifeless body
ALL THE WAY TO PHOENIX!!!

Woooow... Yo, what's in Phoenix?

Why, it's your mama Steve.
GET THE AXE!!!
Nameless1
Nebula
Nebula

by Nameless1 Sun May 22, 2011 2:58 pm

Armed with Waffles wrote:Something caught my eye.

You do realize he never said Vandheer would be the other playable character. Maybe it's someone else.
Make guns not war.

Alessa Mason
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Alessa Mason Mon May 23, 2011 8:45 am

Nameless1 wrote:
Armed with Waffles wrote:Something caught my eye.

You do realize he never said Vandheer would be the other playable character. Maybe it's someone else.

Maybe it's Lady Eivana or even Network.
We, Forsaken, never give up.
We never forget.
We never die.
This. Is. Our. Land.
You want to stay.
You stay here forever.
We gonna bury you here.....
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Tue May 24, 2011 7:39 am

Gotta make sure 1 player is 100% complete before working on the next.
3lijahG
Black Mist
Black Mist

by 3lijahG Tue May 24, 2011 10:44 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:Gotta make sure 1 player is 100% complete before working on the next.

will you make unlockable costumes?
Nameless1
Nebula
Nebula

by Nameless1 Tue May 24, 2011 11:19 pm

I'll answer that one as I'm pretty sure I know what that would entail.

Unless the costumes were palette swaps (unlikely in a greyscale game) I'm pretty sure that would require going back and editing every single sprite.

I have no personal experience this is just an assumption, correct me if I'm wrong.
Make guns not war.

3lijahG
Black Mist
Black Mist

by 3lijahG Wed May 25, 2011 6:11 pm

dan has created a new enemy!!! any guesses anyone?
Nameless1
Nebula
Nebula

by Nameless1 Wed May 25, 2011 7:31 pm

I swear you spend your days staring at Dans livestream until he go's online don't you?
Make guns not war.

QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Thu May 26, 2011 2:49 am

3lijahG wrote:dan has created a new enemy!!! any guesses anyone?

I thought it was "The Eagle" at first... :P

...But I think I'll just call it "The Hummingbird"... 8-)
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Thu May 26, 2011 6:04 am

Its more like a spider/bat. Will show some concept art soon.
Return to Culmination Production Blog