Follow the development of Armed with Wings 3..
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Production Blog Entry #8

by Daniel Sun Sat May 22, 2010 1:32 pm

The game is finally coming together. Armed with Wings 3 features a lengthy story mode with 30 levels and 6 boss battles, survival mode and (possibly) a boss battle mode.
I've really been slaving my body this week. Working to really late/early hours, slamm'n down plenty red bulls, I haven't even stopped to brush me teeth yet. But at long last my efforts are finally starting to shine which is evident from the trailer below.

My beautiful new Wacom Cintiq 21ux provided a much bigger canvas to work on. It really does reduce the time to make assets. I can draw larger levels, and really zoom into graphics for some touch ups. A fantastic tool, though very expansive...

I've actually put in some menus to the game, which look very nice. I love games with beautiful menus. Usually towards the end of a project I get real lazy, my menus suck, my preloader sucks, my logo intro sucks. There can be none of this for Armed with Wings 3. You'd think the game would have to be at its best, given that I've been working on it for nearly a year.

So what's left?

-Music (which I'm outsourcing to alonso-sound.com)
-Cutscenes (good god, I hate making cutscenes)
-More special abilities (I'll try n throw in 6 more, that'd make 10)
-More weapons (currently I only have one)
-Boosters(I'd like to get 10 of em in too)
-Survival mode 2
-Boss battle mode (maybe)
-Achievement (god fkn damit)

So all that's left is the little stuff. At best I can get this all done in 2 weeks. I'll be working my dick off to get it done.
When I get my sponsorship payment, I'm going to go buy the most comfortable, practicable chair (staying up late really seems to hurt my back).
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

Re: Production Blog Entry #8

by Cosminel Sat May 22, 2010 1:54 pm

dan..i i'm saying this for real...when i watched this trailer i was like this :shock: ..man...this will be the bbeast game in the whole istori...I mean look:
-Vandher Lord apears too and he
-You've used some of the Red Moon and Armed woth wings 2 sword special abilities like:the Red Moon and the water swoard atack from AWW2
-you puted some of the Red Moon creatures
-the menu is amazing
-the weapons and the abilities are asome
-and i have seen a scene of Armed with wings(that guy in AWW1) with vandher lord...i wonder what that means;)
-the boos when you fight Vandher lord is :shock: (is vandher Lord evel in this game?)
Man ....i can't wait to play this game...hurry up :lol: ;)

-- Sat May 22, 2010 1:57 pm --

but i must tell you something but don't get angry on me: you were beaten seriously by vandher lord and those creatures in the trailer :lol: :lol: ;)
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Sat May 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Yeah they kicked my ass. I tried to use the older fighting styles, and they play rather different, I'm not use to them anymore lol. How fully sik was Vandheers crazy speed move at the end?!?! ha? I'm really proud of that animation. That boss battle it'self is unreal.
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Sat May 22, 2010 2:03 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:Yeah they kicked my ass. I tried to use the older fighting styles, and they play rather different, I'm not use to them anymore lol. How fully sik was Vandheers crazy speed move at the end?!?! ha? I'm really proud of that animation. That boss battle it'self is unreal.

exercies..i play AWW and Red Moon every week;)..a and that speed move was sweet..i think was hard to make :D

-- Sat May 22, 2010 2:21 pm --

Cosminel wrote:
Daniel Sun wrote:Yeah they kicked my ass. I tried to use the older fighting styles, and they play rather different, I'm not use to them anymore lol. How fully sik was Vandheers crazy speed move at the end?!?! ha? I'm really proud of that animation. That boss battle it'self is unreal.

exercies..i play AWW and Red Moon every week;)..a and that speed move was sweet..i think was hard to make :D

a yes and one more thing...you should've includ the 4 blades of EDEN from AWW2 in the game;)
Aku saturos
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Aku saturos Sat May 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Dan can you add that little move came from prince of persia the 2 thrones like when an enemy is not looking at you and you can try and Aerial or Quick kill button. Pressing the attack button when your fist flares!
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Sat May 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Probably a little late for that, sorry. But you never know. I've got a few ideas for +XP, stat upgrading....
I'm thinking about giving a speech at my local IGDA (International Games Developers Association) about the flash game industry and my projects.
michalek10866
Nova
Nova

by michalek10866 Sat May 22, 2010 4:56 pm

In boss battle mode you will be fighting with bosses from AWW3 or from AWW3,2,1 and red moon????
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Sat May 22, 2010 5:01 pm

michalek10866 wrote:In boss battle mode you will be fighting with bosses from AWW3 or from AWW3,2,1 and red moon????

You know what, I didn't think about that! That's an interesting idea....
I figured the Boss Battle mode will be AwW3 boss that will fight you one after the other until you have no health left.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Sat May 22, 2010 5:47 pm

Was Thinking Some Feedback

-Some Mini Games For Special Abilitys
-Survival Mode Special Abilitys (Only Shown in Surivial Mode)
-Some Bonus like Red Moon :D
-(i don't know this is probably very useless) Upgrades, Like Gloves of the gods for example.
-How about all the Abilitys when you play all the game again

I don't know but it's just feedback.

Edit: Hey Daniel when you finish AWW3 can you give us a free sample? before NG or any other game site?
Come On We Been Supporting AWW3 Since it's First Demo.
We been giving Feedback all of us not me if not us all of the Fourm Members.
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole

by VandheerLorde Sat May 22, 2010 8:22 pm

I SEE VANDHEER LORDE!!!

I love EVERYTHING i see here!

This game is going to be sweet! but just a suggestion, i dont see anything like 'Heal, in the trailer, that can be one of the special powers, i figure out it can be really useful in survival and boss battle mode.

'But all else, THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE SO SWEET TO PLAY! I am really Thanking you for all the work you have been doing for us the last year with this, and before that with all the other AWW and the Red moon game(s)

Thank you Dan
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Sat May 22, 2010 11:01 pm

A pleasure, I love to make games. Well... no actually, I can't say that I'm enjoying myself. I love the feedback though. That's what makes it worth it for me. And the money....
I'm just trying to work out if I should get the game sponsored at all....
Aku saturos
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Aku saturos Sat May 22, 2010 11:50 pm

Darn i shoudve bought the CD earlier before the final release
rgangsta
Super Nova
Super Nova

by rgangsta Sun May 23, 2010 1:27 am

WOW.....I mean...WOW...That is incredible. It left me speechless. Remember to take your time with it because I'm sure you don't want bugs in the game. :P
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Sun May 23, 2010 1:43 am

rgangsta wrote:WOW.....I mean...WOW...That is incredible.

Dude you just told me that you masterbated the video because it was too awsome
Cmon Tell the Truth You Love it.
rgangsta
Super Nova
Super Nova

by rgangsta Sun May 23, 2010 1:44 am

I said only if it had Eivana in it :P
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Sun May 23, 2010 1:05 pm

There may possibly be a demo.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Sun May 23, 2010 1:49 pm

Weeks :<
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Sun May 23, 2010 10:01 pm

Hard to say. I'm adding in more special abilities atm. Just got an air Strike in, similar to RedMoon.

-- Sun May 23, 2010 11:22 pm --

Now I got Heal added. like in AwW2.
Aku saturos
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Aku saturos Mon May 24, 2010 12:01 pm

Dan i hope if you dont mind if you put something in the xtras about your Art works same as the red mooon. It sucks because we only saw 6 pages why not make it even more larger. the way you draw Leonardo the way you redecorate Vandher lorde
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Mon May 24, 2010 1:23 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:Hard to say. I'm adding in more special abilities atm. Just got an air Strike in, similar to RedMoon.

-- Sun May 23, 2010 11:22 pm --

Now I got Heal added. like in AwW2.

pleeeaaase..Dan ...don't put the heal ability in the survival mode.....that won't be fun animore...like in AWW2...if you had put the heal ability in the survival mode ,the survival mode wound't be so fun

SO I BEG YOU TI NOT PUT THE HEAL ABILITY IN THE SURVIVAL MODE
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Mon May 24, 2010 3:22 pm

Lol ok i'll see. The Heal is rather different this time. You need at least 10% to use it.
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Mon May 24, 2010 3:42 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:Lol ok i'll see. The Heal is rather different this time. You need at least 10% to use it.

ahh...what a release...that's good :lol:
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole

by VandheerLorde Mon May 24, 2010 5:48 pm

Great work with the heal, just don't make it to easy to use.. like the 10% limit that you added, and also maybe add some charge up time, so you'll need a free moment to use heal on yourself.. so it cant be so easily used, like in AWW2.. where you instantly healed, depending on how much MP you got. then i think its better that he stands and "charges" up the heal, and then use it after a moments charging, and then heal quickly.

And also an old idea, maybe some kind of grip move. where you throw away your enemy, or do a slicing combo or something, that would be cool. :D We are just giving you ides, because you still got about 4 more moves you want to have added, hope it helps ;)
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Mon May 24, 2010 10:24 pm

VandheerLorde wrote:Great work with the heal, just don't make it to easy to use.. like the 10% limit that you added, and also maybe add some charge up time, so you'll need a free moment to use heal on yourself.. so it cant be so easily used, like in AWW2.. where you instantly healed, depending on how much MP you got. then i think its better that he stands and "charges" up the heal, and then use it after a moments charging, and then heal quickly.

And also an old idea, maybe some kind of grip move. where you throw away your enemy, or do a slicing combo or something, that would be cool. :D We are just giving you ides, because you still got about 4 more moves you want to have added, hope it helps ;)

Actually the things that really stood out for me in this Trailer/ preview, was the Menu's, the Graphics/ Lighting and the Combination of a Red Moon attack with normal combo's before they hit the ground
like the way he juggled the enemy^^
SWL
Nova
Nova

throw

by SWL Tue May 25, 2010 7:25 am

one of my favorite parts of aww2 was the throw attack, that was just so awesome, please add it
Return to Armed with Wings 3 Production Blog