Follow the development of Armed with Wings 3..
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Production Blog Entry #1

by Daniel Sun Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:58 pm

Today officaily kicks off my full time development to Armed with Wings 3. For those who don't know, I had this game about 70% complete before I lost the workable .fla in a freak reformat incident. As such I need to start again, but not completely. I've managed to get 90% of the art assets back from an old build that I decompiled and all the code too. Now It'd be impossible for me to continue developing this game with the decompiled version I current have, that is why I must start again. However, this project won't take me long to finish at all. I've got all the art, and I've already programmed this before; the game will only turn out better.

I've spent 4 hours rigging the character up with basic movements. Left, right and jump. Collision detection is working too, and animations hooked up correctly as well. I've actually added an additional animation that wasn't in the 'Old AwW3', it's a simple skid. When the hero goes to slow down after running, he'll skid and then change to his idle animation. A simple addition, but I like this fine details.
I know, it's pretty bland, but it's a start.

I'll write in again tomorow, there will be a lot more done by then.
Please, discuss. Feed back is very important. I'm particularly curious about how you guys want the game to feel in regards to movement(left, right, jump). Did you guys like how Red Moon felt? Did you think Armed with Wings 2 was too slidy?
NintendoAgent
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

Re: Production Blog Entry #1

by NintendoAgent Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:58 pm

I was thinking maybe in a level you can make an obstacle where the character was to shoot on to something and swing into another point like tarsan. Can you make it so it is not a rope but it is all magic like? Put some enemies there during the process so the character can look bad ass while he is swinging and attacking :D
ravecchia
Black Hole
Black Hole

by ravecchia Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:37 pm

i totally love armed with wings 2! so... i prefer see more combat scene than platform ;)
"i don't cut two times... and i have already cut you"
- Gaiden
"i have to kill you right now... because this is my mission... because i don't have time and... because i like kill... any last words???"
- Zaki
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:00 am

Aww1 Pros: The Best last Boss! Very nice Shades of Colour, and Awesome character movement.
Aww2 Pros: Aww2 was good for It's Combat and Story
Redmoon Pros: Redmoon was good for Visuals and Platforming

Aww1 Cons: When walking stops the sliding was bullshit, It got me killed constantly, No jump :(
Aww2 Cons: The waiting after Jumping was soooo annoying, Not enough Combo's
Redmoon Cons: Slow attacks, Unfair Platforming at times and Background was sometimes black which is no good for a Silhouette game lol
NintendoAgent
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by NintendoAgent Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:54 am

Is there going to be a point in the game where either one part is precise, awareness, or huge endurance in the game? I am sorta listing Mario party mini game mechanics because some of those were fun as hell and quite a challenge. Just a suggestion
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:07 am

I wonder, what if the game was kinda like Prince of Persia 2008, where there was no combat unless you engage in a battle? So no more little enemies walking about, but more boss battles?
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:20 am

HELL YES!!! BEST IDEA, DAN YOU ARE GOD!!! (I'm Christian so i'd better take that back, sorry
But you are close^^)
ravecchia
Black Hole
Black Hole

by ravecchia Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:38 am

uhm... only boss fight? it probably be a bit boring... i hope you put a lot of combo and skills for the character, it will probably be more funny (like run-wall, jump-wall, rope for swing etc)
- Gaiden
"i have to kill you right now... because this is my mission... because i don't have time and... because i like kill... any last words???"
- Zaki
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:32 am

ravecchia wrote:uhm... only boss fight? it probably be a bit boring... i hope you put a lot of combo and skills for the character, it will probably be more funny (like run-wall, jump-wall, rope for swing etc)

It might be. Depends, prince of Persia wasn't boring at all.
ravecchia
Black Hole
Black Hole

by ravecchia Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:09 pm

depends... i like sands of time, warrior within and 2 thrones... but i like only the last one for graphics and a bit for the gameplay
- Gaiden
- Zaki
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:39 pm

I thought of an Idea, when you press down, you will go into fight mode. The eagle will turn into ur weapon. That way there are more buttons for attacks. When you press down again, u will go into free mode, where u can platform and use the eagle. Anyone like? Suggestions?
ravecchia
Black Hole
Black Hole

by ravecchia Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:09 pm

i think you don't have to push down, but only when enemies arrive, you enter in fight mode, when you win, you return in free mode... because probably someone will push accidentally down and they enter in combat or free mode in the wrong moment :?
- Gaiden
- Zaki
NintendoAgent
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by NintendoAgent Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:38 pm

ravecchia wrote:i think you don't have to push down, but only when enemies arrive, you enter in fight mode, when you win, you return in free mode... because probably someone will push accidentally down and they enter in combat or free mode in the wrong moment :?

He does have a point there, plus it would be kind of odd because the player mite be confused weather or not he should go into fight mode or free mode.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:41 am

NintendoAgent wrote:
ravecchia wrote:i think you don't have to push down, but only when enemies arrive, you enter in fight mode, when you win, you return in free mode... because probably someone will push accidentally down and they enter in combat or free mode in the wrong moment :?

He does have a point there, plus it would be kind of odd because the player mite be confused weather or not he should go into fight mode or free mode.

There'd be no confusion. And having the option to enter battle mode would be less annoying as you might not want to fight. Just a suggestion.
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:52 am

True Daniel, If ya just wanna Run then auto fight mode is Shit
But I also agree with Ravacchia You might accidentally press it....In the middle of a jump maybe lol
Aku saturos
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Aku saturos Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:08 pm

Need some Mountain concept just like what you did on Armed with wings 2 but this time make it white with mountains all over it, and some Nature designs in it like a Flock of doves and eagles are flying in the Sky and lizards leaping tree to tree
ravecchia
Black Hole
Black Hole

by ravecchia Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Aku saturos wrote:Need some Mountain concept just like what you did on Armed with wings 2 but this time make it white with mountains all over it, and some Nature designs in it like a Flock of doves and eagles are flying in the Sky and lizards leaping tree to tree

lol! lizards leaping tree to tree??? it is hard to do!
- Gaiden
- Zaki
NintendoAgent
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by NintendoAgent Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:45 pm

For the fuck of it can you make an easter egg of Luigi hoping through mountains in the background? I think that would be fantastic, just a suggestion
ravecchia
Black Hole
Black Hole

by ravecchia Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:07 pm

NintendoAgent wrote:For the fuck of it can you make an easter egg of Luigi hoping through mountains in the background? I think that would be fantastic, just a suggestion

not luigi, it's better WEEGE XD :lol:
- Gaiden
- Zaki
Return to Armed with Wings 3 Production Blog