Need some help? Why not ask..
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

Re: Create Game ?

by QwertyFail Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:49 pm

If you want to create a game, then you have to learn how to program first. For creating Flash games, I suggest learning ActionScript 2.0 first and then migrate over to ActionScript 3.0 when you are comfortable with writing ActionScript 2.0.
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:12 am

zero wrote:Thank you ! Can you teach me ? (if you want) If not, can anyone teach me please ?

You should download Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5 if you haven't already. There is a 30-day free trial you can download, but after that you would have to buy it to continue using it.

There are a lot of free programming tutorials online to get you started, so all you have to do is make a quick Google search and click on the first few results.

Finally, you should download FlashDevelop for writing the script and code for your Flash game. I highly recommend that you do not write your code in FlashDevelop until you become familiar with classes and documentation. Beginners like you should start off by coding within the Flash IDE timeline, and then move out of the timeline altogether once you become familiar with classes.

Here are the download links for each of the programs you'll need to develop your own Flash game:

Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5 Download: http://success.adobe.com/en/na/sem/prod ... 9204230923

FlashDevelop Download: http://www.flashdevelop.org/
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:09 am

я думаю, это достаточно сложно для новичка)
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:19 am

zero wrote:Ok, thank you ! What do you thing about WiSH Max4 ? Is possible to do a image how this (posted by daniel) viewtopic.php?f=23&t=385 ?? Or i MUST learn to use Adobe Flash Professional ? Specifacally i want to learn how to do images how these for help daniel or the forum, becuase i have much ideas and draws for game AwW. Where should i start ?

I haven't heard of SWiSH Max4 before, so I'm afraid you're out of luck from me on that program. As long as SWiSH Max4 contains a timeline and can convert and support symbols, then I guess you could substitute Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5 with it.

Those moving images that Daniel created are called animations, and are, in my opinion, the most annoying objects to create in game development. Basically, animations are actually groups of individual images that are put together in their respective order, and played at a certain frame rate to generate the "illusion" of motion. Each of these individual images are put into different frames before they are played to generate motion, and each frame holds one image each. When it is time to play the frames to generate the desired animation, a frame rate is given to the each of the individual frames to either make the animation either run faster and smoother, or slower and rougher. Sometimes while playing Flash games, you can see an "FPS (Frames per second) Counter" tucked in one of the corners of the game screen, indicating how fast and how smoothly the game is running. The standard frame rate for most Flash games is 30 FPS, but if you are planning on creating some extremely smooth animations, then I recommend you increase the FPS by a few frames. Culmination, for example, uses a frame rate of 40 FPS instead of a frame rate of 30 FPS, which you can tell it makes the game seem to run a lot more smoothly than most Flash games on the Internet. On the final note for animation, each of the individual images I mentioned are either hand-drawn regardless on a tablet or on paper, or downloaded off the Internet as a bundle of individual sprites, which were also hand-drawn at some point of time! That means if you want to create an extremely smooth and intricate animation, you would have to draw out each of the individual images! If you think that there are shortcuts when it comes to animation, then you are wrong!
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist

by QwertyFail Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:29 am

zero wrote:Once i create the images and the movements, where can i put them together ? What program ect...? (thank you very much for your answers)

In Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5, you usually place the animation within a Movie Clip symbol. Keep in mind that there are three different types of graphical symbols: Movie Clips (For objects with multiple frames), Graphics (For objects with a single frame), and Buttons (For navigation and actions within the main timeline and child timelines).
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:53 am

First of all you need a game engine it's ethier 2D or 3D Flash isn't a game engine since you have to program everything like physics. i Say that Flash is difficult for a person who hasnt made a game. however there's game engines that are really easy to use

try RPG maker VX to make a simple game. and if you don't like the features you can script new features. you can almost do anything. then after that do Flash because you now have an idea how a game works and remember Story, gameplay, graphics and Originality counts in every game
Return to Help