Got a knack for drawing? Show us what you got!
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

Re: First published art!

by Mikoto Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Picture is not bad, but spending LINE GOOD! What is this character? _? Shadows of fine imposed)
And this is my picture, I come up with a character :/ I moved to a larger sheet and painted ♥
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:24 pm

Looks good Kesani, much better than the first one you posted. I do not know how you and Mikoto can use the sharp colors you do for shading and have it look so GOOD! I guess, you just need a good "eye" for manga, to know what it should look like lol.
@Mikoto, nice work! I like this one a lot, expression looks fierce.
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:52 pm

Thanks guys. I spent almost 30 minutes staring at the first one thinking about what I didn't like about it. Instantly, I thought, shape of the head, lines too thin, etc. On my second attempt, like I do with my drawings, I made a stick figure model to make sure that everything was accurate. The funny thing is that this one took even less time than the first even though more effort was put into the first one. Mikoto, the character is one of the protagonists in the game that I plan on creating. Just dubbed him as No. 10 lol. You never cease to amaze me, love the painting. To me, I look at it as something of horror and of a culture. Closest one I can see is Japanese lol. Thank you Crimson. It occurred to me that I never saw you create a work based on manga. Care to try it??
"Life... dreams... hope... Where do they come from? And where do they go? Such meaningless things...I'll destroy them all!" - Kefka Palazzo
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:44 am

Crimson Thorn, I edited the photo to the lines were clearer. I have redraw: 3 But a different kind of character, a deity O_o
Kesani, draw anytime♥

-- Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:03 pm --

Here is a deity) I also decided to finish an old sketch in Photoshop - as the first figure) IT SNOW MAIDEN.
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:57 pm

Well Kesani, I'll give it a try, but as I have mentioned before manga type art is really difficult for me to get right. That drawing of Eragon I posted on the first page was an attempt at manga style, but really, did not look very "manga-ish" It may take a while to post, because I want to get it right, and, school starts today so I'll be busy. Mikoto, impressive work as always. You never fail to inspire me to work even harder on my art.
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Nice Mikoto, very unique style of artwork. Newest version looks pretty good. Have you thought about adding color next? Crimson, I too found manga style to be difficult in the beginning lol. You just have to get the hang of it by drawing the same thing with different styles over and over again until you get a result you like. After that, you just gradually improve to it. I was working on something over the weekend and Photoshop played a bigger role in making this piece.

"Life... dreams... hope... Where do they come from? And where do they go? Such meaningless things...I'll destroy them all!" - Kefka Palazzo
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Why am I not inspire? : D
I'll draw better to inspire)))
Kesani, draw more often, practice is very important. I also wanted to draw your own manga, but I realized that I was missing skills. (
I left a lot of unfinished sketches have days to sit and for Computer literacy, and at the table: (
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:24 pm

Lol I do realize that I haven't submitted much of my drawings lately so here's one. I plan on submitting much more in the future. I haven't been drawing much since I haven't had many ideas on what to draw lately and not many people are around on this section to give requests.

Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:24 pm

Kesani, I on the contrary, now I try to finish my old sketches to start drawing something new * _ *
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Wow, lots of new things side my last post :) Kesani, your digital art is looking better with each post. What, pray tell, is happening to that poor soul with the chains? o_0 Impressive work Mikoto. The second drawing especially is very good. And now for my stuff lol. The first is the manga style Kesani asked for, the second an old drawing of Vandher, to compare with. Lastly, a complete unrelated airbrushing I did. I just wanted to post it to see what you guys think; because it is not my normal style. I guess this is what happens when you read an article on sugestivism and then listen to The Gloomcatcher(music lol) the whole time you draw.
Attachments
IMG_2012081524550.jpg
IMG_2012081524550.jpg (46.37 KiB) Viewed 3289 times
IMG_2012081537865.jpg
IMG_2012081537865.jpg (45.53 KiB) Viewed 3289 times
IMG_2012081544322.jpg
IMG_2012081544322.jpg (29.7 KiB) Viewed 3289 times
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:55 pm

Crimson Thorn, I did the normal pictures of the drawings, but I will move on to another topic, not to litter) will build its own, as you advised)
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:17 pm

Nice drawing Crimson, I can see that you're drawings skills are beginning to evolve lol. Keep at it and it will soon reach the point of perfection. I'm very intrigued with the first drawing. Who is that character? I wanna try to draw him later. The drawings of the guy in the chain was actually supposed to show rage. I demonstrated that through his eyes, it's supposed to represent anger that has developed from years of imprisonment. As for my drawings, they may look a bit bad, I did this while I was on the train and was pretty much half asleep lol.

No. 10 cosplaying as Vandheer Lorde:

Characters for another game I plan on creating:

-- Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:29 am --

Drew that character, although I revised some of the details.

And another drawing based on my second game idea:

I didn't make a comment about your airbrushing because, to be honest, I was very intrigued and confused at the same time. I must say, it's amazing how music can affect creativity. Nice job. I wonder what the outcome of a drawing would be listening to nothing but heavy metal.
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:47 pm

I'm glad you like it. He's actually am original character created by me lol. His hair was supposed to be all swept to the side and less poofy, and his eyes are to big and the expression is not what I was shooting for but it's my first manga style attempt so cut me a break lol. After I did it I got all excited and came up with an actual character to go with the drawing lol.. Even went and did a quick drawing of younger version, which I like much better. Your version looks much better! And I have wondered what might happen with other music. I like metal, but usually do not like "heavy" or "death" metal lol.
Attachments
IMG_201208179247.jpg
A real quick revamp of my character.
IMG_201208179247.jpg (24.47 KiB) Viewed 3281 times
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:32 pm

I also want to draw your character ♥ You can? O_o
And I finish a sketch in that old paint)
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:25 pm

The finished versions of your works look nice guys lol. Keep at it, Crimson, I'm eager to see more characters that you've created. And I altered my drawing from your's lol. A copy can never compare to the original. I decided to stop using the computer software to create art for a while. I'm holding off until I get my new tablet. Here's the result for listening to heavy metal:

A drawing of Nebula I did a while ago:

Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:45 pm

Good work Mikoto, those look great finished. I especially like the second one. I guess I just have a thing for higher resolution images lol. Interesting result Kesani, I sort of always imaging someone standing in the rain, but I don't know how to draw rain so it stays in my mind. If I may say, Nebula looks a bit thin, but good work on all that foggy stuff.
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:42 pm

That's how he was when I saw it. As for the rain, just draw lines, I'll show you what I mean next time.

-- Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:50 pm --

This is how I draw rain. It's pretty simple although you may not see it that clearly even though I adjusted it to make the lines darker:

This is a redraw of something I was attempting a few years ago:

Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:27 am

Thanks for showing me that Kesani. I didn't want to wait so I used it on something I was already drawing. I hope you guys can recognize who it is. The second drawing of yours is kind of intriguing to me, and the guy with the crown looks familiar, but maybe it's my imagination lol.
Attachments
IMG_2012082439408.jpg
IMG_2012082439408.jpg (52.88 KiB) Viewed 3235 times
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:23 pm

BYAKUYA KUCHIKI!!!! Lol very nice. Pretty awesome to draw that Bleach character. And it's my pleasure to help those in need, especially when it comes to art. Have you tried to add the rain effect after it has come into contact with something?
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:10 pm

I'm glad it's good enough that you were able to recognize him :) Although, I guess the headpiece is a big give-away lol. As for the rain, I have tried adding a circle and lines for splashes, but it just doesn't look that good. If you could help me on that too it would be great.

And Mikoto- I thought you were going to draw that character I made? I would love to see it!
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:40 pm

Ah, thanks. I was drawing it like you did it on the far left, but I added too much detail so it just looked messy lol
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:34 pm

No problem, I can see how a lot of detail tends to mess works since they usually go against each other rather than making a good pair. Just remember that when you draw it that way, the circles are different sizes because they have come into contact with the ground at a different time.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:31 pm

I know, I know what you're good at drawing in Photoshop))) Please rate my new drawings on some game.
http://armorgames.com/play/13735/blackwood-prologue
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:25 pm

I gave the game a quick play through, and have to ask, did you make the artwork, or did you make everything? The story is very interesting, im waiting for a sequel lol. and that second drawing you posted I especially like. Good work!
Return to Art/Graphics/Illustration