Got a knack for drawing? Show us what you got!
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

First published art!

by Kesani Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:12 pm

After seeing the section for art, I instantly wanted to post some of mine to share to the world. Not sure what your opinions might be but I hope they are good. Please offer suggestions and advice if you have any.

Random character I created:

Winged version of Network. I drew it because it reminded me of Ulquiorra in his second state:

Vandheer Lorde with the Blade of Lightning from Armed With Wings 2. The sword was just awesome! Who doesn't love a one hit kill sword? Not sure if I did good lol. My first attempt at Vandheer:

"Life... dreams... hope... Where do they come from? And where do they go? Such meaningless things...I'll destroy them all!" - Kefka Palazzo
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

Re: First published art!

by Crimson Thorn Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:35 pm

Wow, good stuff! I especially like the first one and Vandheer. proportions on his arms and stuff is really good, and jeez how do u draw such good hands? First one sort of looks like a modern Lone Warrior. REINCARNATION! :)

-- Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:36 pm --

Wow, good stuff! I especially like the first one and Vandheer. proportions on his arms and stuff is really good, and jeez how do u draw such good hands? First one sort of looks like a modern Lone Warrior. REINCARNATION! :)
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:41 pm

Thanks, my first drawing was actually based on both Vandheer Lorde and Lone Warrior. At first, I never intended to make it look like Lone Warrior but the picture itself looked a bit boring. I was used to drawing wings on characters so I made 1 for him so I could use feathers as a background. I've drawn at a young age so I can do this stuff pretty easily.
"Life... dreams... hope... Where do they come from? And where do they go? Such meaningless things...I'll destroy them all!" - Kefka Palazzo
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:26 pm

Well, it shows that you started young. Those are some of the best character sketches I've seen. Btw, all the hero type people always wear some sort of long long coat/trenchcoat thing, but u never see those in real life. Why not? They make every person that wears one at least 50% cooler! 8-)
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Lol, walking down the street wearing that like a pro. If only I could find one like it, I would definitely get one! More art is to come, if you have any requests I will gladly accept seeing as how I have a great deal of free time now. I was planning on submitting a picture of a character from Bleach tomorrow.
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:43 pm

Well......as long as you're taking request lol. Would you do a character from a simple (aka, lame) description? If you have read the Eragon books (I know, no one reads actual books anymore) I think it would be cool if you did Brom. If not, I can describe him if that works. Hey, you said requests were fine. ;)
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Of course. Although, I have not read the Eragon books so I will require a description of him. Although I do draw a diversity of styles I am more of a manga drawing person, but I will do my best. As for the Bleach character that I was submitting, I give you Ulquiorra Schiffer in his second state:

Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:24 am

Well, I have never read/seen bleach, although I have heard of it, but I like that a lot. I can definitely see the resemblance to network. I really need to get back to the basics and practice pencil drawings myself. I am really blown away by the amount of detail on that last drawing without it looking like a fuzzy bob of number 2 graphite (what usually happens to me heh) If you have any tips for good pencil drawings or good manga technique besides just getting some skills it would be appreciated.
PS, I'll PM that description after a look through the books lol.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:09 am

Oh, I see more than 130 series "Bleach") is an anime - SUPER!
Kesani you draw Ulquiorra _? From the official art? Cool: 3
I also try to draw all the characters, "Armed with Wings": 3 ALL, hahaha
I am now "in the" drawing of yet another art - give advice, or what?)
These are my characters: 3
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:28 pm

Lol fuzzy bob. I usually draw with a regular pencil because using a led pencil usually leaves imprints which are sort of difficult to erase completely so I have to get creative on how to cover it up. I look forward to seeing your picture Crimson. As for the Brom drawing, I may take a while with it because its almost end of the school year and I draw pictures for my friends to symbolize our bonds and stuff. Lol touching anime moment online ftw!! @ Mikoto: That drawing looks great. Your style of drawing looks awesome. It reminds me of a manga illustrator's work, but I forgot who lol. How long does it take for you to detail it. I can tell that your drawing is very detailed and as much as I enjoy detailing my work, it takes a while lol. Keep up the good work.
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:57 am

First off, good work Mikoto! I have no advice, that's better than anything I can do lol. I have to ask, do you draw with a pen? Your lines are very dark, most pencil will not be that dark. @Kesani, c'mon, you know I ment blob! And of course I totally understand the delay. I am out of school and just assumed everyone was. And, ya.....I know I said I should but I wasn't really going to make a pencil drawing. Then I saw your post.......lol. I actually had a lot of fun doing this. You should motivate my lazy self more often. I give you Eragon with his crazy thoughts. Quality is kinda low. If you want better, go to my deviantart.

Edit: Yay! I'm a nova now! Hate being called newb...
Attachments
IMG_2012062520340.jpg
IMG_2012062520340.jpg (69.26 KiB) Viewed 2367 times
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Sugoi!!! (Japanese for awesome or some variation of it lol). Your dedication to your art makes me want to draw all night long. But alas, playing the piano takes up a lot of my time lol. Your art is impressive. The great thing about art is that each person has a different style which makes their drawing unique. Keep up the good work. Glad to hear I inspire you lol. I wanna see more!!! The drawing of Brom will be submitted tomorrow. As for the random drawing of the week, I give you 5th ranking star commander Dolkey from the Psyren series.

Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:22 pm

Haha I understand. Between my summer school, violin practice, and lazyness, there's not to much time left lol. I like your newest draw, but it is too small for me to see what is in the foreground. And Brom drawing today! I thought it would take Weeks after what you said :D
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Crimson Thorn wrote:First off, good work Mikoto! I have no advice, that's better than anything I can do lol. I have to ask, do you draw with a pen? Your lines are very dark, most pencil will not be that dark. @Kesani, c'mon, you know I ment blob! And of course I totally understand the delay. I am out of school and just assumed everyone was. And, ya.....I know I said I should but I wasn't really going to make a pencil drawing. Then I saw your post.......lol. I actually had a lot of fun doing this. You should motivate my lazy self more often. I give you Eragon with his crazy thoughts. Quality is kinda low. If you want better, go to my deviantart.

Edit: Yay! I'm a nova now! Hate being called newb...

No, this is not a pen))) on a pencil. Many times I reworked this work - and this, too, "imperfection"))) I'm going to repaint again and again and again - until I satisfied with the result)
I try to paint a computer mouse to "paint" ... Here's my first job) It sketches. WAITING FOR CRITICS!
Crimson Thorn, your work is also carried out a pencil? I borrow affectation ♥ You have a great imagination! It's delicious)

My paintings unfinished, sorry) I think a lot of gaps (
DO I NEED ADVICE!)

-- Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:37 pm --

-- Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:48 pm --

I like rotten girls O_o
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:59 pm

Those paintings are awesome!! I could never do something as great as that. Sorry if I don't have any advice. I'm awestruck. @ Crimson Thorn: So sorry for the delay man. I was out at friend's house yesterday deciding a storyline for a game to create in the future. Here's the picture of Brom, sorry if it didn't turn out as you expected. I wasn't too sure about the description you gave me so I had to get creative.

Last edited by Kesani on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm a little middle of painting drawing and began THAT someone (LOL) portrait) :/
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Kesani, me likey! To be honest, that is not how I expected it, but do not apologize! That is a good thing! I think it's really cool to see how people interpret the same info in different ways. Like you said about everyone's art being different. You took Brom and made him in to a sort of manga looking dude, something I would have never thought of!
@Mikoto: that was with a mouse?!? MIND OFFICIALLY BLOWN! Seriously though, if you want advice, you should ask Daniel himself. The only advice we can give is to save up and get a tablet lol. You'd be amazing! Pro status!

PS, Kesani, keep us updated on that game you're making lol.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:15 pm

Crimson Thorn wrote:that was with a mouse?!? MIND OFFICIALLY BLOWN! Seriously though, if you want advice, you should ask Daniel himself. The only advice we can give is to save up and get a tablet lol. You'd be amazing! Pro status!

Do you think? Well, it seems to me that the mediocre T_T The only style, where I tried to paint - landscapes), but I had already begun to correct this problem)
I already seem to draw on the tablet much more uncomfortable than a mouse)
And Daniel is a very interesting style O_O. Anatomical) It's hard :/
Kesani, you are going to draw your own manga? Cool! I WANT to read it when you do it! You draw great! Interesting!
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:18 pm

Sorry Crimson I do apologize if it didn't turn out the way you want it. I will retry. I am pretty much locked on the manga phase of art. I can draw other stuff but I'm not sure it would turn out to be good. As for that game, that will take quite a while lol. I still have to get some experience with game designing. Right now, I'm just assembling story line, sketches of characters, and expansions to it. It would be cool to make a manga out of the game like Daniel did with Contrast.

Here's what I mean with the drawing style aside from manga art:

And to show you that I go manga style:

I always make my drawings adapt to that style. Not sure if that's good or bad. Oh and if I may ask, what software do you use to create your paintings Mikoto?
Last edited by Kesani on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:18 am

Well kesani, if you want to redraw it them I of course would love to see what it would look like. I think the one you did looks just fine though. I myself would love to make a flash game, but have zero experience and not any ideas for an original plot. I do not think drawing in only one particular style is bad at all. Everyone has to have their own distinctive style. You and Mikoto, for instance, both draw manga style art but still have different styles. personally, I find manga hard to draw, and certainly respect that most of your art is done that way.
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:03 pm

Thanks Crimson. I think the main reason that I'm redrawing him is because I want to test how I could do this away from my comfort zone. It usually takes me around 10 minutes to finish an original work of manga art. Thi took around 20 to 25 with no breaks. You can tell that there is a huge difference between them.

Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:49 am

Kesani wrote:Oh and if I may ask, what software do you use to create your paintings Mikoto?

Hahaha, "Paint", and a computer mouse), nothing more ;)
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:42 pm

Seriously?? You must teach me your skills!! :D
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Kesani wrote:Seriously?? You must teach me your skills!! :D

I do not think that drawing is so good that I can teach anyone to paint)
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Kesani, I will say your new Brom is much closer to what I as thinking. For being "out of you comfort zone," that is very good! Once again you have inspired me to draw something lol. A break from my usual line art, a semi-realistic sketch this time. I will post it soon, after I scan it to my PC. @Mikoto, I had a feeling that you just used paint, but was hoping you didn't. It makes my drawings on GIMP seem very poor indeed lol. Both you guys keep up the good work!

-- Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:10 pm --

Kesani, I will say your new Brom is much closer to what I as thinking. For being "out of you comfort zone," that is very good! Once again you have inspired me to draw something lol. A break from my usual line art, a semi-realistic sketch this time. I will post it soon, after I scan it to my PC. @Mikoto, I had a feeling that you just used paint, but was hoping you didn't. It makes my drawings on GIMP seem very poor indeed lol. Both you guys keep up the good work!
Return to Art/Graphics/Illustration