Got a knack for drawing? Show us what you got!
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

Re: Some art. and hello world!

by Mikoto Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:28 am

n0pe
Last edited by Mikoto on Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:15 am

Mikoto wrote:And why not drawn?
And I'm too lazy.
So upload your pictures, which is)))
I "developed" a new style of drawing .. It looks strange, but I like it .. It's great to draw in this style ♥
And sometimes I also draw something watercolor O_o

Actually, now that I think about it, I have something uploaded...
Random Journey comics inspired by VicZar's OCs: [link] (it's on my dA too but separately)
If you don't know Journey, shame on you!
I also drew a kitty: [sketch] [lineart]
First time I drew a kitten I think. But I was totally failing at fur, so I gave up x.x
Apart from that I have few digital works (not drawn, just colorings and graphics)

I'm thinking about uploading some of the randomness. The thing is some time ago me and my friend started to draw each other and some funny situations but it's a bit personal, so I still have to think which ones I want people to see. And there's also other stuff in which people might not be interested I guess >.>

Interesting art, Mikoto. The style is a bit creepy but interesting.

BTW, guys, I realized that we still are posting in Crimson's topic, we were supposed to make a new one xD Do you want one just for drawings or other stuff like digital colorings etc. too?
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:38 pm

@Mikoto, your style has not changed and I hope it doesn't! That's what makes your art unique :D . I want to see some of your works with watercolor.
@Sanseki, the kitty looks good without the fur. I usually take time and look at various images for references and keep the image fresh in my mind. Then I draw it out and it flows quite nicely. I can't speak for others, but I would definitely be interested in seeing your art to get to know what your style is better. And yeah we definitely need to make a new topic for this. 4 pages already lol, I feel like we're invading Crimson's art showcase.

I finished the drawing, and I want some advice before I do the inking and erase the pencil sketching. Thoughts please

"Life... dreams... hope... Where do they come from? And where do they go? Such meaningless things...I'll destroy them all!" - Kefka Palazzo
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:25 pm

Lol Mikoto and Kesani, somehow I knew that you two would tell me to finish.... @ Sanseki, I think my problem is that I draw completely without reference on most of my art, and when I draw the head I try to add a lot of clearity and detail, especially to the eyes, and so the head ends up to big. I was actually really mad with this one because when it was a light pencil sketch I couldn't tell the head was too big until I inked it, and then if was too late to change :/
@ Kesani: If you want advice let me put in my two cents lol. I think adding more details to the clothes and more wrinkles near the waist, sleeves, and under the chest would really give it a bit more depth, especially for the girl with wings since she is wearing a lose dress thing. Also, not advice, but I really like the way you did the girl in front with glasses. Idk why but the hair and face just seem really good together lol.

PS sanseki, you were the one supposed to make that new topic. Just saying lol :D
Nah I don't mind at all if you guys keep posting here, makes it easier to keep up with lol

-- Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:25 am --

Lol Mikoto and Kesani, somehow I knew that you two would tell me to finish.... @ Sanseki, I think my problem is that I draw completely without reference on most of my art, and when I draw the head I try to add a lot of clearity and detail, especially to the eyes, and so the head ends up to big. I was actually really mad with this one because when it was a light pencil sketch I couldn't tell the head was too big until I inked it, and then if was too late to change :/
@ Kesani: If you want advice let me put in my two cents lol. I think adding more details to the clothes and more wrinkles near the waist, sleeves, and under the chest would really give it a bit more depth, especially for the girl with wings since she is wearing a lose dress thing. Also, not advice, but I really like the way you did the girl in front with glasses. Idk why but the hair and face just seem really good together lol.

PS sanseki, you were the one supposed to make that new topic. Just saying lol :D
Nah I don't mind at all if you guys keep posting here, makes it easier to keep up with lol
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:19 pm

Kesani wrote:@Sanseki, the kitty looks good without the fur. I usually take time and look at various images for references and keep the image fresh in my mind. Then I draw it out and it flows quite nicely. I can't speak for others, but I would definitely be interested in seeing your art to get to know what your style is better.

Well, it looks ok but somehow... naked xD
Why, thank you :3

I finished the drawing, and I want some advice before I do the inking and erase the pencil sketching. Thoughts please

Well, since you asked... xD
The girl in the front, the sitting one has a bit too wide shoulders comparing to hips (or rather the opposite way - the hips should be wider). I used to make that mistake pretty often too but I'm working on it.
The pose of the girl on the right seems somehow unnatural but I can't exactly tell why (maybe she's too straight), so just leave it like that :D
Also, the winged one has no collar bones or anything, maybe that's why her chest seems a bit off.
Plus as Crimson said, more clothes details would be good (though I'm bad at that too).

Crimson Thorn wrote:@ Sanseki, I think my problem is that I draw completely without reference on most of my art, and when I draw the head I try to add a lot of clearity and detail, especially to the eyes, and so the head ends up to big. I was actually really mad with this one because when it was a light pencil sketch I couldn't tell the head was too big until I inked it, and then if was too late to change :/

I think the problem is in the proportions of the head itself. I mean, normally the eyes should be somewhere in the middle of the face and your face just takes too much space on the head. The best about face proportions were the one with Darcy sitting in front of a building and the Zero one with blue clothes. Try to sketch the lines before actually drawing face to keep the proportions. I always add at least a cross - the horizontal line of eyes and the vertical line of nose and generally symmetry.

I know, I know, I forgot >.>" I'll go do that now xD

-- Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:38 pm --

There ya go :P
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1054
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:05 am

n0pe
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Thanks for your input guys, I hope it looks better now.

@Crimson, yeah I tend to just draw the basic clothing without adding any detail to it. I've always drawn detailed clothing when I was attempting to redraw an image I've seen so I'm not very used to adding detail to original art. I keep trying to remember, but it tends to slip my mind when I focus on other parts of the drawing. Thanks, I'm surprised you actually noticed the glasses since the lines were so faint lol. I want to ink this so badly so the details can be seen more clearly. The thing about the winged one is that it's a statue so I tried not to put too much detail into it. I think I put too much detail into the wings though lol. I added some details to the clothing, but I wanted to preserve its statue nature lol.
@Sanseki, first I want to thank you for giving me very clear and intricate detailed advice lol. It's been a while since I've been given advice that detailed. I read your advice and was able to clearly see the flaws in it. In my early years of drawing, I tended to draw creatures that were fantasy related and not much humans so I tend to lack my proportional sense in art. It did seem too straight when I finished it, but I couldn't really tell how to fix it. I looked at some references and made some adjustments even though you said not to lol. Hope that's okay. I wasn't really sure of how to fix the part with the statue. I tried to express the collar bone but not too much so it would look irregular. I'm really unsure if it meets what you were trying to tell me.
@Mikoto, I'm trying NOT to simplify my drawings and stray away from ugliness lol. Don't want to revert back to previous art forms. I wouldn't necessarily call it my "style" if I simplified my drawings. Most of the art I did back then was copying art so I didn't really absorb the detailed sense of art, just the things that looked cool lol. Now whenever I try to do some original art, I have to look at multiple references before I can give it some good detail. Nice art, but I feel it's unfinished..?
"Life... dreams... hope... Where do they come from? And where do they go? Such meaningless things...I'll destroy them all!" - Kefka Palazzo
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:28 am

n0pe
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:53 am

Mikoto wrote:Something I just do not understand this your Deviantarte O_o

Post links to pictures uncomfortable, they should be more open, hahaha-_-

Do you have any questions about? It's a really nice site (though staff is a bit deaf sometimes).

I put links because I'm used to forums where I'd get scolded for spamming big pics xD Normally I'd just put them in spoiler tags but I don't think this forum has any. And I would put a link under picture anyway, just so people could either download it, read description or just add it to faves if they want.

BTW, you're Russian, right?

Kesani wrote:Thanks for your input guys, I hope it looks better now.

@Crimson, yeah I tend to just draw the basic clothing without adding any detail to it. I've always drawn detailed clothing when I was attempting to redraw an image I've seen so I'm not very used to adding detail to original art. I keep trying to remember, but it tends to slip my mind when I focus on other parts of the drawing. Thanks, I'm surprised you actually noticed the glasses since the lines were so faint lol. I want to ink this so badly so the details can be seen more clearly. The thing about the winged one is that it's a statue so I tried not to put too much detail into it. I think I put too much detail into the wings though lol. I added some details to the clothing, but I wanted to preserve its statue nature lol.
@Sanseki, first I want to thank you for giving me very clear and intricate detailed advice lol. It's been a while since I've been given advice that detailed. I read your advice and was able to clearly see the flaws in it. In my early years of drawing, I tended to draw creatures that were fantasy related and not much humans so I tend to lack my proportional sense in art. It did seem too straight when I finished it, but I couldn't really tell how to fix it. I looked at some references and made some adjustments even though you said not to lol. Hope that's okay. I wasn't really sure of how to fix the part with the statue. I tried to express the collar bone but not too much so it would look irregular. I'm really unsure if it meets what you were trying to tell me.
@Mikoto, I'm trying NOT to simplify my drawings and stray away from ugliness lol. Don't want to revert back to previous art forms. I wouldn't necessarily call it my "style" if I simplified my drawings. Most of the art I did back then was copying art so I didn't really absorb the detailed sense of art, just the things that looked cool lol. Now whenever I try to do some original art, I have to look at multiple references before I can give it some good detail. Nice art, but I feel it's unfinished..?

Oh, it's a statue. Then I guess it's fine :D And if anyone says something's wrong with it, you can say it was the sculptor's vision xD

Well, you're welcome. I'm not some great artist but I try to help with what I see. Though once someone got really touchy and even messaged me that she unfriended me on the forum because of it (lol wut), so since then I usually keep things to myself unless someone asks for it.
And I myself don't get feedback (recently I get even less and less nice but useless "I love it" "awesome" comments), while sometimes I just know that something's off but can't put my finger on it or don't know how to fix it.

The picture looks good to me :D Of course, there's always a detail you can find but it's good. I can't see clearly what statue's hand is doing though, I guess that's because it's a sketch.

AAAAnd I drew something new. Hopefully I'll upload it today (yesterday I just fell asleep ;~; )
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:14 pm

@Mikoto, it's fine paper but I usually ink on that paper just to make it be seen more clearly. If I went so far as to use my markers on it, I'm afraid it would rip lol. I tend to put off drawings lol. Sometimes I can't figure out what to draw and when I start, I can't tell if I'm missing something. I play some games and look at references for a while, then look back at it. Sometimes I can tell what's missing and sometimes I can't. It's sort of a hit and miss for me lol.
@Sanseki, thanks I will try to add more details when I ink it and erase the sketched lines so all the details won't appear jumbled together. It's just the fist being clenched lol. I didn't really know how else I should draw the hand so I figured it would be okay. I understand how you feel with the comments praising the work lol. I myself do that quite often because I'm captivated by the art and don't really focus on what's missing. I call it my, "Ooooh, shiny" state lol. I seriously just lose all my thoughts once I see a really good artwork. Look forward to it, I will definitely give my utmost feedback on it!
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:51 pm

There you go: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1054 :P
I know that Crimson has nothing against it but we should keep things in order more or less xD
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:00 am

n0pe
Last edited by Mikoto on Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:40 am

Mikoto wrote:yes, I'm Russian O_o

I'm just asking 'cause maybe you could write both original message and translation in English, so I could understand you better. I myself can only read more or less (don't know the language itself much) but my parents do.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:31 am

n0pe
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:02 am

Mikoto wrote:
16thSquadSanseki wrote:
Mikoto wrote:yes, I'm Russian O_o

I'm just asking 'cause maybe you could write both original message and translation in English, so I could understand you better. I myself can only read more or less (don't know the language itself much) but my parents do.

you want me to write in Russian?
I remember, here I was asked to write in English
Yes, the fucking Google translator ...
yes no problem)))

I mean like in Russian AND in English. Because Google often makes a mess :D
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:10 am

n0pe
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Mikoto wrote:ненавижу гугл
лучше пойду учить английский
так лучше?
бедные Кесани и Багровый...
и
наконец-то родной язык, да

Я имею в виду одно сообщение на двух языках. Чтобы все знали, что происходит, и как что-то непонятно, это будет дальше от русского перевода. Так же, как я сейчас написал.

I mean 1 message in 2 languages. Then everyone will know what's going on and if something will be unclear, we will be able to translate it from Russian. As I wrote now.

I used Google Translator now too :P But I think my native language is closer to Russian than English is, so it may be easier for me.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:01 am

n0pe
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:15 am

@Kesani. Ahaha, now I can see that it is a statue. I guess the giant block on the bottom should have tipped me off eh? This latest version does look much better imho.
@Sanseki. That's an interesting way to describe it, thanks for being specific, it will definitely help me try to fix it.
I will eventually finish my Darcey drawing, but its on hold until I regain some enthusiasm for it. I just did this quick sketch in 10 minutes or less to work on body proportions, tell me what you think
Attachments
IMG_2013063027875.jpg
IMG_2013063027875.jpg (57.65 KiB) Viewed 956 times
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:04 am

n0pe
Last edited by Mikoto on Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:55 am

Crimson Thorn wrote:@Kesani. Ahaha, now I can see that it is a statue. I guess the giant block on the bottom should have tipped me off eh? This latest version does look much better imho.
@Sanseki. That's an interesting way to describe it, thanks for being specific, it will definitely help me try to fix it.
I will eventually finish my Darcey drawing, but its on hold until I regain some enthusiasm for it. I just did this quick sketch in 10 minutes or less to work on body proportions, tell me what you think

You're welcome. My earlier drawings had similar problem. Actually, I still haven't drawn C.C. right xD (faces in Code Geass are rather short)

And about anatomy in this one, yeah, as Mikoto said, the arms should be longer but it doesn't look that bad. Also, something is wrong with the muscles on on the arms but I dunno
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:40 pm

n0pe
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:46 pm

Not really. All I have to do with 3D is that I sometimes try to make 3D colorings :D

But those are really nice, Mikoto
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:09 am

@Crimson, thanks! I've put that one on hold for now while I work on a random sketch with the tablet. It looks good, although I'm sort of trying to put in words what seems off about the left arm (right arm from his perspective lol). I suppose it looks like the part of the arm nearing the hand is a bit too round. Still not sure. This is the problem with offering my insight lol, I can never tell if my advice is helpful or not because I don't know how the artist was trying to attempt the drawing.
@Mikoto, I've attempted 3D drawings, but never paintings. Honestly, I suck when it comes to painting. I can never evenly paint the pictures without having to repeatedly paint over it until the paper starts to bulge. I have tried sketching 3D pictures with a pencil, eraser, and a Q-tip. Although, most of them were just to make them look realistic.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:45 am

n0pe
Return to Art/Graphics/Illustration