Got a knack for drawing? Show us what you got!
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

Re: Some art. and hello world!

by 16thSquadSanseki Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:35 am

Mikoto wrote:
16thSquadSanseki wrote:Not really. All I have to do with 3D is that I sometimes try to make 3D colorings :D

But those are really nice, Mikoto

да? а как надо? yes? and how to?
я слышала, что нужно сильно вытянуть изображение I've heard that you need to pull hard image
это так непривычно it's so unusual
легче нарисовать что-нибудь нормально, а потом на растянуть это на компьютере и срисовать easier to draw something normal, and then to stretch it on your computer and to draw
но это нечестно but it's not fair
так как всё-таки?) because after all?)

Я имею в виду, что окраска картинки я использую так называемые мягкие тени и пытается сделать вид, реалистично. Но это ничего особенного :D

Well, I just mean that I use so-called soft shading when coloring images and try to make it quite realistic. But it's nothing special :D
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:16 pm

n0pe
Last edited by Mikoto on Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:02 pm

Mikoto wrote:А, вот оно что! А вы можете показать такие свои работы?_?
Ну, реалистично оно или нет - это дело стиля. Я не так хорошо управляюсь с перспективой, так что начала с обычной чёрно-белой графики.
А всё-таки, как нужно искажать рисунок?

Вы должны были писать на двух языках

You were supposed to write in 2 languages :P

Последние достаточно хорошо coloring это

The newest decent coloring would be this one [WARNING: boobs]

Bleach 536: Tell me your name!

Это не пошли так хорошо:

This one didn't turn out so good:

PH: Sharon and Break for mojomee

Так что, как я уже сказал, до поры до времени ничего особенного. В настоящее время я работаю, чтобы придать глубину и реалистичность картинки, потом я попробую анимации, а потом 3D.

So, as I said, nothing special for now. Currently, I'm working on making the images more deep and realistic, later I'll try animation and later also 3D.
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:14 am

n0pe
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:42 am

Mikoto wrote:Вы раскрашиваете сканы манги "Блич"? You are coloring scans manga "Bleach"?
Лол, зачем?_? Lol, why? _?
Но выглядит неплохо. But it looks good.
Просто я подумала, что вы очень хорошо знаете русский язык... I just thought that you very well know Russian language ...
Или это переводчик? Or is it a translator?
Так вы рисуете ЗД рисунки или нет?_? So you draw 3D figures or not? _?

Да, не только Bleach, но и другие манги и картинки тоже. Раскраска немного похожа моя специальность, но все же чего-то не хватало.
Я использую Google, но в отличие от большинства людей здесь, я могу сказать, когда он изменяет мне xD Я из славянских страны, так что иногда я могу догадаться о значении чтения, как это звучит. Так не возражал слишком много, но я думаю, что другие, возможно, захотите присоединиться к разговору :)
Нет, я не рисую в 3D >.>" По крайней мере, не сейчас >.>" Это не мой уровень.

Yeah, not only Bleach but other manga and pictures too. Coloring is a little like my speciality but it still lacks something.
I do use Google but unlike most people here, I can tell when it's fooling me xD Because I'm from Slavonic country, so sometimes I can guess the meaning from the way it sounds. So I don't really mind it but I think others might want to join the conversation :)
No, I don't really draw 3D >.>" Not yet at least >.>" It's not my level.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:40 pm

n0pe
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:10 pm

If I may ask Sanseki, what program did you use to color the skin and what was the color scheme of it. I seem to be having some trouble coloring in the skin while also adding the shadow.
"Life... dreams... hope... Where do they come from? And where do they go? Such meaningless things...I'll destroy them all!" - Kefka Palazzo
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:39 am

Mikoto wrote:А вы нарисуйте :3
Я немного не так понимаю эти рисунки... Ну и ладно.
Ваша покраска выглядит довольно аккуратно. Мне завидно)))
Ваша специальность?_?
А что за славянские народы?
And you draw :3
I do not understand some of these drawings ... Well, okay.
Your painting looks pretty neat. I'm jealous)))
Your specialty? _?
And what of the Slavic peoples?

Да, я думаю, что я довольно хорош в этом. Но, конечно, еще много вещей, которые должны быть улучшены.
Польша. Я знаю также есть некоторые украинские друзья. Но я не с востока, так что я не понимаю много.

Yeah, coloring is the thing I actually feel good at. But it still needs lots of improvement of course.

Kesani wrote:If I may ask Sanseki, what program did you use to color the skin and what was the color scheme of it. I seem to be having some trouble coloring in the skin while also adding the shadow.

Actually, those are the first pics where I got the skin right xD For coloring I use GIMP (at least for now). The color scheme I took from cover page colored by Kubo Tite - for Masaki it's #ffebdc for base color and #e8b995 for shadow. Of course I couldn't just use the tool to pick up the color since every pixel is different, so I just put the color-choosing window next to the pic and was trying to get the closest color I could. From that coloring I learned that you don't have to lower the contrast when choosing the shadow color, you just gotta make it darker.
And about the technique itself, I kinda developed it on my own basing on some tutorials. I should be making another coloring soon enough, so I can show you if you want.
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Thanks! That helped a lot. For the most part, my coloring has consisted of a bunch of trial and error selections so I haven't really gotten the hang of using the right colors. Also, I need to use references to know where the light source and shadowing should be done on the drawings. Blurring it does help it look more realistic, but I'm not sure if it's the ideal way to go. A tutorial would help a lot, if you have the time, please show me. Thanks in advance.

-- Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:03 am --

Something I was working on a couple of days ago. Like I said, I didn't really like the color values I had and was just going about randomly trying to find an ideal one. Now that I have, I think I'll head back and start a new piece. What do you guys think of this one?
"Life... dreams... hope... Where do they come from? And where do they go? Such meaningless things...I'll destroy them all!" - Kefka Palazzo
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:04 pm

Kesani wrote:Thanks! That helped a lot. For the most part, my coloring has consisted of a bunch of trial and error selections so I haven't really gotten the hang of using the right colors. Also, I need to use references to know where the light source and shadowing should be done on the drawings. Blurring it does help it look more realistic, but I'm not sure if it's the ideal way to go. A tutorial would help a lot, if you have the time, please show me. Thanks in advance.

-- Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:03 am --

Something I was working on a couple of days ago. Like I said, I didn't really like the color values I had and was just going about randomly trying to find an ideal one. Now that I have, I think I'll head back and start a new piece. What do you guys think of this one?

So you have more problem with where to put the shadow than how? Ok, I'll try to do that. All I do is imagining the 3D shape and I'm still actually working on that.

And since you mentioned references, maybe these will be somehow useful to you:

The picture seems unfinished, so it's hard to tell. But the skin coloring looks fine. I guess you should add more shadow under chin and hair.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:45 am

n0pe
Last edited by Mikoto on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:34 pm

Haven't been doing much on SAI. I've been practicing the basics. I drew a couple of sketches and then looked back at my previous art. I realized that I have a lot of trouble with poses so I went back to my collection of manga and drew a bunch of poses each day. I was working on something else on SAI and I think I can finish it soon. Mikoto, could you expand on that a bit? I'm a bit confused on what you mean by soft shadows and I do want to get realism. For that particular picture, I used a reference for where to shadow so I'm still a bit shaky on it. I would love to get as much guidance as possible!
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:11 pm

n0pe
Kesani
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Kesani Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:37 pm

Well seeing as how I've never actually posted much realistic pictures I suppose that's why it seems my style is mostly manga. I guess it is, but I do draw realistic pictures. I'm not much of a painter though. I want realism as well on my art, since I'm aiming to be able to make images like CG renders and such. The site seems very helpful and I will work on realistic drawings immediately. I appreciate art with strong contrasts and such which is why I was really interested in the Armed with Wings series. I'm aware that I need more practice since I want to improve my art as much as possible. I focus on the manga style because its what I aim for, but I suppose drawing realistic images for practice with shadowing does work better. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:24 am

n0pe
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:00 pm

I see you're doing well without me here :cry: jk

Anyway, I'm not some kind of expert, I just share what I've developed during almost 3 years of my graphics experience.

Generally, there are 2 types of shading - soft and sharp shadows. In anime mostly sharp shadows are used but not only. I use a mix with dominating soft shading, 'cause IMO it looks the most realistic. I keep improving it and yes, I like realism 'cause I'm thinking about making some 3D game models in the future (dunno if I'll do that though).

And about the tutorial that I was supposed to make, I've done most of the skin shadows, so soon I should have enough material, though I'll probably finish the coloring before uploading the tut. I also made the first drawing in SAI, I'll post it in the other topic in a few.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:48 am

Well, that's a matter of taste.
3D? Really? O_O Where? Which program?
Shit, why Deviantart does not work?
Ну, это уже дело вкуса.
3D? Правда? О_О Где? В какой программе?
дерьмо, почему Девиантарт не работает?
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:42 pm

Mikoto wrote:Well, that's a matter of taste.
3D? Really? O_O Where? Which program?
Shit, why Deviantart does not work?
Ну, это уже дело вкуса.
3D? Правда? О_О Где? В какой программе?
дерьмо, почему Девиантарт не работает?

I have no idea yet, I said it's just something I may do in the future. For now I'm learning.
What's the problem with deviantART?

На данный момент я понятия не имею, я сказал, что я мог бы сделать в будущем. На данный момент я учусь.
В чем проблема с Девиантарт?
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:03 pm

n0pe
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:36 pm

n0pe
Last edited by Mikoto on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:50 pm

n0pe
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:14 pm

This entire thread slipped through my radar. Amazing artwork!
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:31 am

n0pe
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:34 pm

Well well, look at all the awesomeness that has happened since I last was here. Fantastic work People. I guess I should post some of my own stuff on here now that I think of it.
Attachments
10994706_412483635594962_1537787212_n.jpg
10994706_412483635594962_1537787212_n.jpg (17.48 KiB) Viewed 1119 times
10967712_412483625594963_1846871702_n.jpg
10967712_412483625594963_1846871702_n.jpg (41.26 KiB) Viewed 1119 times
10966958_412483628928296_2060317446_n.jpg
10966958_412483628928296_2060317446_n.jpg (20.97 KiB) Viewed 1119 times
Return to Art/Graphics/Illustration