Got a knack for drawing? Show us what you got!
PowerStar
Nova
Nova

Power Ring

by PowerStar Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:09 am

Long story short, I made a comic a couple of years ago based off Power Star because I was addicted to it. (From all the time I've spent watching, making AMVS, and doing other things to it I could be in the top 10 biggest fans, you may know me as Sonicdjs, I interviewed Daniel Sun personally on newgrounds before PS4 came out) It SUCKED as a comic, it needed to be a movie, but that couldn't happen. So a frend helped me make a fangame, but right when we got a 'water engine' done, which was about five minutes after the fangame idea, he died of scoliosis. This was a couple days ago...

The reason he helped was because I gave him a "Banjo-Kazooie" code. I gave it to him because I already had the game and I won a contest. But he died so he couldn't finish it.

I know it's a stupid question, but Daniel Sun, if you can see this, can you maybe help me with a short movie or something, maybe just a little thing for all the work I did on the comic, fangame, and dedicaion? I know you're done with sprite movies, but if you could do something to helpp me, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Power Ring

by Daniel Sun Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:46 pm

Hi I remember you SonicDJS, from your various newgrounds PM messages I believe. I'm so glad to see that Power Star has inspired you, and to see the results of that in your comic means that I was able to reach and motivate you creatively. And I'll have to ask you to push yourself further and try to create your animation. I am unable to do so, I'm far too busy. I'm unable to get a job in the local games industry, Melbourne is firing more people than it is hiring. And thus i'm putting my full attention to my own projects. Making another animation even close to the level of power star is far too time consuming for me. It's sad to hear that your animator has passed away. I suggest you try looking for a new one with more time or even animate it yourself. Animation is a good skill to learn. I hope you stick around the forums too. Best of luck.
PowerStar
Nova
Nova

by PowerStar Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:46 pm

Actually, it was a game, and my friend was the programmer.

http://rapidshare.com/files/263792383/P ... _.gmk.html

This was when Shadow The Hedgehog in the game was done. However, I think there is a demo with a water engine. I will try to find that. But that was part of the game we made. Also, Power Star has always inspired me, I was there from the beginning (I think, somewhere between 1 and 2) In fact, I actually do make my own animation, and when I get my next little thing done, I'll get it up. I always wanted to make something like Power Star and Super Mario Bros. Z, but I can't use flash effectively because I suck! I have all the equipment, like Adobe Flash and Fireworks. I know most flash makers use Macromedia flash. Is that easier? It might be. I have no idea! I tried Adobe Flash, can't use it, too complicated. But I'm younger than you ae, much younger. I'm only 13. I have absolutely no experience. I use Windows Movie Maker and Paint, but I think I do pretty good with what I have. I take your advice and flash skills to my heart. I've always loved Power Star. You are amazing. I always wanted something like that.

Also, I have a question. In Power Star 4, what was the song playing when those red things come down at the start and when Mario beats up the toads? Do you knowwhat those song(s) were called?

And do you also know what that song is when Mario and Luigi are fighting at the end of Power Star 2?

I'm glad you're still working on projects. Good luck!

Your fan, Sonicdjs.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:27 am

PowerStar wrote:Actually, it was a game, and my friend was the programmer.

This was when Shadow The Hedgehog in the game was done. However, I think there is a demo with a water engine. I will try to find that. But that was part of the game we made. Also, Power Star has always inspired me, I was there from the beginning (I think, somewhere between 1 and 2) In fact, I actually do make my own animation, and when I get my next little thing done, I'll get it up. I always wanted to make something like Power Star and Super Mario Bros. Z, but I can't use flash effectively because I suck! I have all the equipment, like Adobe Flash and Fireworks. I know most flash makers use Macromedia flash. Is that easier? It might be. I have no idea! I tried Adobe Flash, can't use it, too complicated. But I'm younger than you ae, much younger. I'm only 13. I have absolutely no experience. I use Windows Movie Maker and Paint, but I think I do pretty good with what I have. I take your advice and flash skills to my heart. I've always loved Power Star. You are amazing. I always wanted something like that.

Also, I have a question. In Power Star 4, what was the song playing when those red things come down at the start and when Mario beats up the toads? Do you knowwhat those song(s) were called?

And do you also know what that song is when Mario and Luigi are fighting at the end of Power Star 2?

Your fan, Sonicdjs.

Adobe Flash and Macromedia Flash is the same thing, Adobe Flash is just newer. Best stick with the new one. I started using flash when I was 12, you'll be able to pick it up in no time. Just google 'Flash animation tutorials for beginners'. The internet will teach you everything. I can't actually remember what that song was called in Power Star 4. It might be in the credits, pretty sure it was by Immediate Music.
PowerStar
Nova
Nova

by PowerStar Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:42 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:
PowerStar wrote:Actually, it was a game, and my friend was the programmer.

Your fan, Sonicdjs.

Adobe Flash and Macromedia Flash is the same thing, Adobe Flash is just newer. Best stick with the new one. I started using flash when I was 12, you'll be able to pick it up in no time. Just google 'Flash animation tutorials for beginners'. The internet will teach you everything. I can't actually remember what that song was called in Power Star 4. It might be in the credits, pretty sure it was by Immediate Music.

I tried to do something with flash once. I think I tried to make a train but it didn't work.

But I found a better tutorial. Sorta worked, not really. ^^

Thanks, I'll look Immediate Music up!

Oh, and thanks! You released Power Star the day after my Birthday, September 11th! (That's my birthday, not the actual Power Star 4 date!)
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Sat May 22, 2010 8:00 pm

waw...sonic vc mario...no comment :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Return to Art/Graphics/Illustration