Got a knack for drawing? Show us what you got!
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

Re: Share your works! Get feedback!

by Crimson Thorn Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:53 am

haha Mikoto I never even thought about adding shadow to the ground, now I feel stupid. for the background I used airbrush with a with a somewhat speckled tip. I use gimp instead of Photoshop, because gimp is free haha. the hair tool me a long time, so I'm glad you like it.

and here's another I've been working on for a very long time and finally finished. my character D'Arcy again. sorry about the low quality but max 256kb file size and all
Attachments
IMG_20130801_1751561018782880.jpg
IMG_20130801_1751561018782880.jpg (136.26 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:33 am

n0pe
Last edited by Mikoto on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:54 pm

Crimson Thorn wrote:Looks good Sanseki. could maybe use more "smoothness" if that makes sense but overall good. Been awhile, but I was able to beat away laziness long enough to make another lone warrior fan art thingy.

What do you mean by "smoothness"? It's not linearted yet, I just made a clean sketch by hand.

About your picture, umm, the arms (at least the straight one) look really short comparing to e.g. the width of his shoulders.

Mikoto wrote:@ Sanseki: I love this your drawing, sketch it looks amazing. Armor and clothing items narsiovany very great, it must have been quite difficult, so think carefully about them. BUT. There really is a lot of anatomical errors. However, they can not be noticed. I advise you to do a little bit thinner waist and slightly wider than the hips. And please redraw the face! The style of this picture is very combative, and his face looks moody. It's cute, but not the topic. You want to paint this sketch as a line-art?
@ Crimson: You are using Photoshop in his drawings? I mean, painting and drawing at the creation of completely. I found some useful tips on drawing in the program.
@Sanseki: мне очень нравится этот ваш рисунок, его эскиз выглядит восхитительно. Броня и элементы одежды нарсиованы очень здорово, это, наверное, было довольно сложно, так хорошо продумать их. НО. Здесь действительно есть много анатомических ошибок. Впрочем, на них можно и не особо обращать внимание. Я советую сделать чуть-чуть тоньше талию и чуть-чуть шире бёдра. И пожалуйста, перерисуйте лицо! Стиль этого рисунка очень воинственный, а лицо выглядит капризным. Это мило, но не в тему. Вы хотите раскрасить этот эскиз как лайн-арт?
@Багровый: Вы используете Фотошоп в своих рисунках? Я имею в виду покраску и вообще создание рисунка полностью. Я нашла несколько полезных советов по рисованию в этой программе.

Well, I was going to make the armor look exactly like Atronach's but I gave up xD Too many details.
I know that I have a problem with drawing hips, I actually corrected them 'cause they were even narrower ^^; I'll learn in time I guess. I have to look at some reference pics.
And the face probably could be more scary but I wasn't drawing an actual Atronach but Kurorai as Atronach. And Kurorai is in the "villain team" but she isn't actually bad, so the "innocent person in scary armor" look kinda suits her.

Also, Photoshop and GIMP are similar, so you can share tips anyway and we'll translate it to GIMP somehow (I'm a GIMPer too but I don't use it for drawing).

Ну, я собирался сделать броню, которая выглядит в точности как броня Atronacha но сдался xD Слишком много деталей.
Я знаю, что у меня есть проблема с рисованием бедра, на самом деле исправить его, они были еще более узкие ^^; Я думаю, я буду учиться со временем. Я должен посмотреть на узоры.
Лицо, вероятно, был бы более пугающим, но я рисовал фактические Atronacha только Kurorai как Atronacha. Kurorai находится в плохая команде, но на самом деле она не плохо, так что взгляд невинный человек в ужасном броню ей подходит.

Photoshop и GIMP схожи, так что вы можете делить чаевые и мы как-то перевести на GIMP (Я также использовать GIMP, но не обратить).

Crimson Thorn wrote:and here's another I've been working on for a very long time and finally finished. my character D'Arcy again. sorry about the low quality but max 256kb file size and all

Nice colors, though indeed too pink. I myself am bad at traditional coloring.

@Mikoto: Backgrounds/scenery is difficult to draw :P
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:15 am

@Sanseki. Well i guess i didnt really make myself clear and im sorry lol. I actually like the sketchiness. I guess what I mainly meant was that the wrinkles on the dress skirt thing seem kinda "tense" instead of smoothly flowing with the wind. Just a little with the hair too(although i really do like that hair lol). And about lone warrior's arms, when I hold my arms at my sides, that's about where they reach, so maybe his shoulders are too wide instead of arms too short? Also, do you still think the head is too round/big or that the face takes up too much space? I spent a lot of time on the guide lines of this so I would like to know. And yeah on my colored art, i agree about the blood, but the camera makes it look lighter than it really is. And all it takes is a lot of practice to get some bit of a knack with the traditional color. (although if you practice too much your markers will begin to run dry :( :( :( )
@Mikoto. well i did use felt and 'brush' tip markers for this so... thanks lol. But the markers I have are specifically made to blend well ;) And scenery is very hard to do! besides, an indistinct background makes the main subject stand out more.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:48 pm

Crimson Thorn wrote:@Sanseki. Well i guess i didnt really make myself clear and im sorry lol. I actually like the sketchiness. I guess what I mainly meant was that the wrinkles on the dress skirt thing seem kinda "tense" instead of smoothly flowing with the wind. Just a little with the hair too(although i really do like that hair lol). And about lone warrior's arms, when I hold my arms at my sides, that's about where they reach, so maybe his shoulders are too wide instead of arms too short? Also, do you still think the head is too round/big or that the face takes up too much space? I spent a lot of time on the guide lines of this so I would like to know. And yeah on my colored art, i agree about the blood, but the camera makes it look lighter than it really is. And all it takes is a lot of practice to get some bit of a knack with the traditional color. (although if you practice too much your markers will begin to run dry :( :( :( )

"dress skirt thing"? o.o She doesn't have any dress o.o

Maybe, I guess it's hard to tell because the coat covers legs. It's just that the proportions look wrong.
The face looks fine to me. Still would make the head tiny bit narrower though. But then you also have to make sure that neck is ok.
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:28 am

Oh, heh. I thought that from the knees up was some sort of tight skirt or something. Its not, which explains why there is no wind "flowing." You cannot comprehend how stupid I felt when I read your post and went and rechecked -_-
My "feedback" is so helpful, isnt it? :roll:

I guess my heads are just a style thing, any narrower and it would look freakish to me.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:39 pm

n0pe
Last edited by Mikoto on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:28 am

Crimson Thorn wrote:Looks good Sanseki. could maybe use more "smoothness" if that makes sense but overall good. Been awhile, but I was able to beat away laziness long enough to make another lone warrior fan art thingy.

Looks abit evil, kinda like that Orochimaru bloke frooooommm, Naruto, was it?

I always got the impression that the Lone Warrior was the quite, calm and collected kinda dude.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:48 pm

n0pe
Last edited by Mikoto on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:29 am

Man, been to long since I posted on here, this going to work and school at the same time is good at keeping you busy. But anyway.
@Vandheer, yeah, this is sorta my own darker version of lw, in culmination, after he let his hatred get the better of him. Interesting that you say it looks like Orochimaru, because after I finished, that's exactly what I though too. I guess the hair is pretty similar, and the green eyes kinda make the resemblance stand out too. I guess thats kinda what happens with me. I go to draw something and it takes on a mind of its own.
@Mikoto, I have to admit that your latest drawings are a bit strange to me, but I like the style you have on these. keep up the work, and never stop practicing.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:06 pm

n0pe
Last edited by Mikoto on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:40 pm

Guess who's back! xD
And guess who put the coloring on hold, so can't make the tutorial and feels bad about this now ^^;
I have the pictures and all prepared, I just haven't finished the coloring itself or put things together, so I can just send you bunch of pics if you want. I just can't get to it and I started to work in SAI a lot now and that coloring was back in GIMP... I just dunno when I'll be able to finish it.

About my stuff, I did a double drawing meme with my friend some time ago, here: http://16thsquadsanseki.deviantart.com/ ... -404543263

@Mikoto: They're creepy but I like the first one.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:58 pm

n0pe
Last edited by Mikoto on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:27 am

Hey look, I'm here again. And with some art this time too. I really, really, don't feel like resizing this to fit on the forum so.... here's a link haha

http://www.deviantart.com/art/To-Faliure-431674686
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:10 am

Crimson Thorn wrote:Hey look, I'm here again. And with some art this time too. I really, really, don't feel like resizing this to fit on the forum so.... here's a link haha

http://www.deviantart.com/art/To-Faliure-431674686

Well, I just post thumbnails now, it gives a preview and people have to go read description there :P

Looks pretty good. Is it a fanart or original? The anatomy and dynamics look quite right. One thing I found is that the hand is too straight, unless it was intentional.
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:32 am

Heh, yeah. Making a thumbnail would probably be best, but I was feeling too lazy :)

It's an original, although the quote is based off a line from a song that I was listening to at the time. The hand isn't supposed to look that way, I'm just really bad at drawing hands haha.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:10 am

Crimson Thorn wrote:Heh, yeah. Making a thumbnail would probably be best, but I was feeling too lazy :)

It's an original, although the quote is based off a line from a song that I was listening to at the time. The hand isn't supposed to look that way, I'm just really bad at drawing hands haha.

Well, I just went to my dA Gallery, right clicked the picture from there and inserted it into the post :P But I just like to code my posts nicely, so yeah :D

I see, well music is usually the best inspiration. And don't worry, I almost worship anyone who can actually draw proper hands xD
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:49 pm

n0pe
Last edited by Mikoto on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:51 am

Mikoto, as usual your art looks great. Your ability to be so flexible with your style amazes me.

Here's another. A painting this time.
http://red-thorn-dragon.deviantart.com/ ... 1392781643
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:20 am

Mikoto wrote:show your pencil sketches

-- Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:23 pm --

I'm trying to improve my drawings

I really like the first one, interesting semi-realistic style.

Crimson Thorn wrote:Mikoto, as usual your art looks great. Your ability to be so flexible with your style amazes me.

Here's another. A painting this time.
http://red-thorn-dragon.deviantart.com/ ... 1392781643

Cool, cool
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:32 pm

n0pe
Last edited by Mikoto on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:03 pm

TBH, since I got tablet, I rarely draw on paper ^^; I never was good at sketching anyway...
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:49 pm

n0pe
Last edited by Mikoto on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:27 am

Mikoto wrote:Let's change? I'll give you paper and pencils, and you give me a tablet? :lol:
I have some kind of psychological block, it does not allow me to draw anything on the computer :cry:
the same block does not allow me to draw completely finished and worked on in terms of composition patterns :oops:

Ahaha, I was saving for a tablet for a reason :P I think digital drawing better fits my "one-line" style, I never was too good at shading and sketching with a pencil. I did some pencil drawings but those weren't sketches and later I even started to "lineart" them with a black pen.

Well, not everyone has to do digital art. If you prefer pencil and other traditional media, go for it! Also, you can always team up with someone who would be editing your works digitally.
Drawing on a tablet is hard at first, it doesn't behave exactly like pen and paper. But you get used to it sooner or later.
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by Mikoto Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:20 pm

n0pe
Last edited by Mikoto on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Return to Art/Graphics/Illustration