Gaming, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo and PC!!
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

Armed with Wings iPhone Theme

by Blackout Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:38 pm

Hi,
I'm new to this website and not very familiar with it, or whether the community is still active, but I'm planning to create an Armed with Wings Winterboard theme for iPod Touch and iPhone. For those of you who don't know what Winterboard is, Winterboard is a Jailbreak App(which is NOT illegal) which lets you customize your device by downloading "themes" from the Cydia store(jailbreak app store).

I have a general idea of what it is going to be like, but ideas for which apps should look like what and special sounds for things like unlocking your device or what should be in slider is what I'm looking for. Also wallpapers and backgroud pics would be very helpful.

If anyone has any ideas, please post them and they might be in the theme!
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

Re: Armed with Wings iPhone Theme

by Crimson Thorn Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:46 pm

Well I dont have an iPhone, but thats a cool idea, and since you asked.... Lol. I think the app icons would look cool if they looked like those health orbs that are in aww3 and culmination, and even cooler if they were like those flame monsters from culmination. Unlock noise should be of the power strike sounds from culmination. Epic unlocking of phone. Would be cool.

And oh yeah, welcome to the forums, though im pretty new myself.
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Blackout Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:31 pm

Crimson Thorn wrote:Well I dont have an iPhone, but thats a cool idea, and since you asked.... Lol. I think the app icons would look cool if they looked like those health orbs that are in aww3 and culmination, and even cooler if they were like those flame monsters from culmination. Unlock noise should be of the power strike sounds from culmination. Epic unlocking of phone. Would be cool.

And oh yeah, welcome to the forums, though im pretty new myself.

Guess some of the Community is still active :) I'll take your ideas into consideration, but I don't want to make it look too much like the in game stuff of AwW because I want to make it universally appealing to those who do theme, not just appealing to AwW fans, but I will definitely make it more appealing to AwW fans

Here's a link to a website with different Winterboard themes so those who don't have a clue what theming looks like can have an idea.

http://www.geeknaut.com/winterboard-the ... 93329.html
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:46 pm

Yep yep, peeps are still here lol. And I can understand making it less specific to the game, just a few things that I personally thought would be cool.

PS, once you're done with one for ios, you should make one for go launcher for those of us with Android :)
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Blackout Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:23 am

Crimson Thorn wrote:Yep yep, peeps are still here lol. And I can understand making it less specific to the game, just a few things that I personally thought would be cool.

PS, once you're done with one for ios, you should make one for go launcher for those of us with Android :)

Haha well I won't just make one and stop. I'm going to progressively make it better and release updated ones. Also I know nothing about Android so someone else would have to do tht :/ sorry

But still an AwW theme for Android is a possibility if the new AwW game gains enough popularity :)
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:25 am

Ahh, that's too bad. I have to say I know nothing of programming in any language, or OS, or anything lol.
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Blackout Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:54 am

Crimson Thorn wrote:Ahh, that's too bad. I have to say I know nothing of programming in any language, or OS, or anything lol.

Lol well I'm sorry, can't do much for android :(. Anyway I'm beginning to customize the weather app into a Red Moon, debating wether there should be clouds or not and if so how transparent would they be.

-- Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:05 pm --

Some screen Shots of what progress I've made so far:

If anyone had any pics they would like to see as an app or a background please submit them, would greatly appreciate it! :)
-- Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:10 pm --
Attachments
fourapps.png
Apps I've done do far. I plan to also add glow. They are also a bit pixilated because they are zoomed in on
fourapps.png (80.07 KiB) Viewed 2079 times
image (1).png
The "AwW" at the top isn't part of the theme
image (1).png (148 KiB) Viewed 2079 times
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:52 am

Ok, the contacts, music, weather, and safari look sweet! To be honest, I think the unlock slider looks a little, how do I say, unfinished? Any AWW related pic would be cool, but I think some of the monochrome ones would look especially great. And, Tch, where is everyone else not commenting on this topic? I know they are around.
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Blackout Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:22 am

Crimson Thorn wrote:Ok, the contacts, music, weather, and safari look sweet! To be honest, I think the unlock slider looks a little, how do I say, unfinished? Any AWW related pic would be cool, but I think some of the monochrome ones would look especially great. And, Tch, where is everyone else not commenting on this topic? I know they are around.

I agree, here's the new slider but its more pixelated since it's been blown up
Attachments
photo.PNG
photo.PNG (142.91 KiB) Viewed 2077 times
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:04 am

Ahh yes, looks much better. keep it going :)
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Blackout Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:07 pm

I've edited 3 more apps, re-edited Contacts, and used Calculator and Calender from a different theme here. Also edited the 3G :)

Also I used the picture Daniel Sun made for QwertyFail for some of the Navigation Bars(Hope both Daniel and Qwerty don't mind)(2 examples below of Settings and Winterboard)

After I'm done with this theme, I'll try to find a way for Android users to get it and for iPhone users who haven't jail-broken their as well
Attachments
IMG_0094.PNG
IMG_0094.PNG (79.52 KiB) Viewed 2060 times
IMG_0093.PNG
IMG_0093.PNG (79.32 KiB) Viewed 2060 times
IMG_0092.PNG
IMG_0092.PNG (82.12 KiB) Viewed 2060 times
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:57 am

Aha, navigation bar looks really good :) and yes, Android support plz! Lol
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Blackout Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:39 am

Icons are now in HD in retina display(which means iPhone4 and iTouch4+, not sure about which iPads)!

Also I am looking for some input on which one(or two or all) of the 3 app store backgrounds to use for the app store and other apps as well.
Attachments
IMG_0118.PNG
IMG_0118.PNG (135.88 KiB) Viewed 2041 times
Last edited by Blackout on Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:25 am

I personally prefer the one on the right, I dont know, the others seem sorta....boxy. just me.
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Blackout Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:36 am

I haven't made much progress so far because I haven't been able to come up with designs for the apps, but I think I have decided on a wallpaper and lockscreen, and will soon be(if not it is now) in the Cydia Store for use with Winterboard(Name of the theme is "Vandheer Lorde Wallpaper"). Here's a screen shot I've taken(I might be able to make alternating wallpapers if I find another one I like :) )

-- Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:37 pm --

Blackout wrote:I haven't made much progress so far because I haven't been able to come up with designs for the apps, but I think I have decided on a wallpaper and lockscreen, and will soon be(if not it is now) in the Cydia Store for use with Winterboard(Name of the theme is "Vandheer Lorde Wallpaper"). Here's a screen shot I've taken(I might be able to make alternating wallpapers if I find another one I like :) )

My request to get this background submitted was rejected :(. Sorry for those who might have wanted it
Attachments
IMG_0171(2).PNG
Size needed to be reduced to be able to upload.
IMG_0171(2).PNG (189.12 KiB) Viewed 2023 times
Crimson Thorn
Core Nova
Core Nova

by Crimson Thorn Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:57 am

Ah, that is too bad, its one of my faves of Vandh
eer. Hopefully you can find something else as good.
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Blackout Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Doing AwW as a theme for iPhone is rather hard to do because there are not many things in AwW that I can easily match the app icons with. However, when I was making this icon for the App Store in gimp, looking at it I thought it was only going to look decent, but i put it on my phone anyway. When I looked a foot or so away at my phone with it on, it blew me away of how well it looked compared to what I originally thought. This is for the Network Fans!

Also, in the mean time, I've taking music from nearly all of the games and am trying to get them uploaded on Cydia(jailbreak store). The ones I plan to upload are
-Brain Damage
-Enter, Vandheer
-Ethereality(if that is the name, please correct me if I'm wrong :))
-Hawken's Betrayal(the name I gave Hawken's battle music for this)
-Show no Tears
-Sunrise Over Ciaro
-Survival of Born Legends
-The Final Fight

-- Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:26 pm --

I've decided to postpone and stop working on this theme. Armed with Wings isn't popular enough(yet) for this theme to be worth the work put into it :(. If anyone does want to takeover it, I'll email you what I have so far. It's been submitted to Cydia if anyone wants to take a look or wants it :).
Attachments
image.png
Network holding the symbols of AppStore, iTunes, and Cydia.(BEST QUALITY SEEN FROM BETWEEN 1'-2' AWAY!)
image.png (126.9 KiB) Viewed 1990 times
Last edited by Blackout on Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:22 pm

Holly crap, this is awesome!
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Blackout Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:01 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:Holly crap, this is awesome!

I'm surprised I'm still getting recognition from this even a year and a half later :D! I checked this theme earlier today on Cydia, and (as of today) has over slightly 1000 downloads! It's not a huge number, but it's still pretty significant at the state this project was left in.

Also, my offer still stands if anyone wants to take over this project and do it justice, I'll send him or her everything I still have.

Aside from all that, thanks again for the compliment!

P.S.: Sorry that I never got around to making an Android version for you, Crimson :cry: .
Last edited by Blackout on Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Blackout Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:17 pm

I just checked back on this project on Cydia and I can finally announce that it's reached over 1,000 downloads! :D
Black
Shouting Nova
Shouting Nova

by Black Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:11 pm

OP I don't think you realize how impressive your work is.

I would pay for something like this.
Return to VideoGames