Gaming, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo and PC!!
Kalk

Max Payne 3

by Kalk Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:05 pm

That's right, no joke. The preview has been out for a while but I felt a discussion would be pretty cool. If you haven't played Max Payne or Max Payne 2 I HIGHLY recommend you do. Bullet time from Max Payne is the first time slow motion bullet play has happened. The controls are great and the action is awesome but the best part of the game isn't in the graphics or game play (although it is really good) it is in the story.

Max Payne centers around a detective, down on his luck, his family murdered and unable to find the killers he goes on a drunken binge until he runs across a murdered girl. From there it all goes downhill. A gritty film noir, this story takes a pile of twists and turns and had me coming back for more since day one. Here is the trailer for Max Payne 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udF6lgzme-Q&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dmax%2Bpayne%2B3%26oq%3Dmax%2Bpayne%2B3%26aq%3Df%26aqi%3Dg10%26aql%3D%26gs_sm%3De%26gs_upl%3D17797l19125l0l19906l11l3l0l0l0l0l453l781l3-1.1l2l0 and you can take a look at the "making of" here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3KK0Z-rzlw

One of my main concerns, from taking a look at the preview footage, is that they are going to be focusing more on gunplay and action scenes rather than the rich story the writers of Max Payne have been able to create. Far too many gaming companies are focusing on gory head shots and explosions than they are character development. Someone needs to get a hold of them, shake them, and then show them Final Fantasy 6. How were the graphics? Decent for the time... i guess... but the story kept people coming back. That's what does! Call of Duty: Black Ops had a rich story line and I loved it. That series is doing well with its game play and its story. It appears the online play is what sucks people in but I think that putting more in to the story line will keep a bigger fan base or more dedicated fan base.

Thoughts?

Kalk
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

Re: Max Payne 3

by Omar Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:38 am

Max Payne 3 looks epic feels epic but it's going to be a Rockstar war because GTA 5 is coming out later in 2012 and those 2 are going to define who's best.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:01 pm

Agreed this game is going to be frigg'n awesome! I've never played the other ones, but still quite keen.
Aku saturos
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Aku saturos Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:43 am

I like how the CG graphics and cinematic animation flows but which discourages me that, Max payne is in the wilderness of africa, And his personality is now quiet similar to chuch norris , John rambo and the Punisher(Thomas jane) of being a bad-ass killer instead of being cold blooded killer detective like the previous installments of Max payne, Although this is an interquel due to it said in the details that Max payne 3 took place before his life started on Max payne 2.

Though its not longer made in Remedy entertainment anymore(The original company that made max payne along with rockstar entertainment), Rockstar itself alone crafted a new story which brings the gamers into a place of filthy environment and black people instead shooting Italian mobsters and common criminals in New york city as usual. Which also brings great disappointment, Some players are not aiming of how the gameplay works but also the life and the real story of Max payne, As i watched the trailers of the gameplay, The environment itself is dirty, stinky and not the max payne that i knew

Imagine? You live in New jersey and how the hell you wind up to Africa and you just gone bald?

As ive read the article of the development of max payne 3, Remedy entertainment doesnt want to become a part of the production anymore, And they let Rockstar games take the heat, as a result, The previous creation of dark gothic and noir theme has been totally scrapped off...
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 am

I sooooooo want that if it's a PC game :shock:
Return to VideoGames