Gaming, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo and PC!!
User avatar
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:39 am
Location: Mexico City

Call of duty modern warfare 3 Review

by Omar Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:10 pm

Edit: added a rating.
Hi guys as you can see i can take my laptop to work and sometimes i can check the internet.

well people are hyped about MW3 and BF3 which is now one of the most asked games in the place i work in. but MW3 is the bought games

My pals are COD fanboys they have xbox in the store. right now we have a bad buissness and notting to do but since MW3 came out my pals can't stop playing it.

i played it and i like the actually. To be honest i never played a full COD game. (Multiplayer and finish the campain) i like MW3 but i saw that it hasn't changed in notthng. here the list what i hate and love about MW3

+Game Story duration/Multiplayer modes/Weapons/well designed maps/60 Frames per secound/OMG moments

-Old graphics/ multiplayer feels unfair and lags with a 2MB(NO DEDICATED SERVERS)/COD ELITE/the story isn't EPIC/old animations/soap's death.
your probably asking why Call of duty ELITE? well i'm not wasting $60 for more Features. and bad idea if you have Xbox.
some features you have in ELITE is worthless and you can have in Battlefield for free. Stay tune for Battlefield 3 Review THE Call of duty Killer?

Edit: Launch trailer:


Game rating: 9.5
Last edited by Omar on Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:58 am

Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 Review

by QwertyFail Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:33 pm

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 actually has a very well developed storyline compared to the previous games.

The only thing I didn't like about the campaign was Soap's death... :cry:
Image
User avatar
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:39 am
Location: Mexico City

Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 Review

by Omar Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:46 pm

Yeh infact Soap Mactavish is my first COD character from MW1. i didn't like MW3 i thought it would be like MW1. Battlefield 3 also didn't have a good story due to critics but in a day or 2 ill judge it for myself.
The Multiplayer beta was good but way to much bugs and Glitches. heard that it got patched
User avatar
Nameless1
Nebula
Nebula
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:21 pm
Location: the world of SotC

Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 Review

by Nameless1 Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:16 pm

Ok, I actually like this release of COD, while you may call it "DLC" I actually thought it was pretty well done, I think they made a bunch of improvements to multiplayer and the story campaign seemed of a quality close to the MW 1 story that we all recognized as great.
Make guns not war.

I'm water person, think of a Pisces with a longsword.
User avatar
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:39 am
Location: Mexico City

Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 Review

by Omar Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:53 pm

to be honest the game is awsome.

the story is good but not epic. just because the cars fly around or seeing your arms flying around isn't gonna make a game ultra epic. i like it they did a great effort, because activision fired the 2 founders of infinty ward and 40 employees left infinity ward to work with the founders at EA

i give the game 9.5

ill talk about battlefield, i finish the campain and some multi.
reminder this isn't a war between two differnet games. i was hooked up with these games for some reasons.
User avatar
Nameless1
Nebula
Nebula
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:21 pm
Location: the world of SotC

Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 Review

by Nameless1 Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:54 am

Also, it wasn't made by treyarch, I think that has something to do with it.
Make guns not war.

I'm water person, think of a Pisces with a longsword.
User avatar
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:39 am
Location: Mexico City

Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 Review

by Omar Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:23 am

I know nameless, i know the History of how Call of duty was created.

here how it all started.
It started at EA were some employees created Medal of Honor Allied assault, they had alot of ideas for the game but EA didn't like that and sticked with the same formula. and the employees didn't like EA's Idea of staying on the same formula so they decided to convince other employees to join them and their new company. so they were 22.

they founded their new company, at first they didn't have a name, they tryed alot a names that the team would like and then came Infinity ward.

Infinity ward began to make their first game, they showed their game to some publishers (except EA) so the can be published, Activision was very impressed and didn't just buy the game if not the company itself

so a year passed and activision annoced the new game called Call of duty.

Call of duty is powered by ID Tech 3 (most known has the Quake engine 3)
the game recived various game of the year awards. the game became a success.

Activision later told their game developers to make more Call of duty games.
Trayarch did alot of Call of duty games but not sucessful as the first game

Infinty ward was already making the 2nd title with the twice the team this time.
but Activision was still publishing COD games.

when Xbox 360 was going to be on shelfs next year they needed a killer App on Day 1
A new Halo game coudn't be released because it just released so they ask activision to make Call of duty Console exclusive.

But infinity ward didn't like that and wanted to make COD for current game consoles, Activision released Call of duty 2 Big red one for all consoles.

And call of duty 2 for Xbox 360
Call of duty did it again, won game of the year and was the most played game on xbox 360. at first the online was bad, laggy,glitchy,buggy. so Infinity ward released a patch for all of that.

Call of duty was the most played game on Xbox before Gears of war came.
then activision said that a COD title would be released every year infinity ward didn't like the Idea because they needed 2 years to release a COD title. activision had a trick under the sleve.
Trayarch had a COD game in development and called it Call of duty 3. this is the most unsucessful game in Call of duty history.

Infinity ward annoced that the Call of duty francise would be in modern times with a new engine called IW engine. at first people didn't like the idea

but when the game release as Call of duty 4 Modern warfare it was the game of the year, hell it defeted Halo 3 because halo 3 was released the same year as COD did.

Trayarch then released Call of duty world at war. Call of duty then was the the best fps

after COD5 then came Modern warfare 2 the greatest FPS game of the year, and won some GOTY awards but not as much as Uncharted 2.

some weeks later the 2 founders of Infinity ward went to activision to argue in somethings that they didn't like and got fired. the founders left the company and founded a new one with EA their old company, their friends from inifinity ward came and now they call themselfs Respawn entertainment

Black ops was actually Trayarch's first successful title and original.

and Now MW3 came out..the rest later will be history

the end.

i some develpers history hell i'm learning DICE's history also i know ID software's history, bungie's history, naughty dog's history. i'm a video game fan so i should know this
User avatar
Vandheer Lorde II
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:20 am
Location: QLD Australia

Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 Review

by Vandheer Lorde II Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:04 am

Ok, pretty much the night before i played MW3 for the first time; i played BF3 on a High-end PC
and to be honest, it wasn't all that great, sure the graphics were awesome as was the gameply etc
but it just felt unfinished, i mean, no blood when you stab someone?, It feels like a lame pillow fight whenever you get to some fisty-cuffin in the interactive cutscenes.

and it was really short.

MW3 however, kept me entertained throughout the whole thing, sure they overused the "Player gets knocked unconcious and wakes up groggy face down on the floor with shell-shock" Scene, but the scale of the battle going on in the level's environments, and the Carnage around you, made me feel really Immersed into the action (Yes...in a CoD game)

all in all, both were great games, but it comes down to what you know 'you' like.
If you have a Xbox or PS3 though, i'd recommend MW3, BF3 was made for PC in my oppinion.
Image
User avatar
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 am
Location: Romania

Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 Review

by Cosminel Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:38 am

well why I'm the nly one that looks at this topic and doesn't know a thing about it??? :?: :mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:39 am
Location: Mexico City

Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 Review

by Omar Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:34 am

Correction BF3 is for PC. the BF series was always for PC. i like CoD but it's getting old. BF is Old but DICE trys to make the francise new. if you don't believe me Infinity Ward only made campain they did 60%Of MW3 while sledgehammar did multi and other features. i like killconformed alot and freeforall these ideas are wonderful but Multiplayer lacks something. ahh more peeps? why not 16 v 16? oh no dedicated servers. i have to get a 4mb connection to play CoD . BF3 has 12 v 12 (64 for PC) when CoD started it had great idwas and keeped the francise new. now you get littte kids Screamin the F word every time. Bf3 isn't perfect but the multi is EPIC
User avatar
Vandheer Lorde II
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:20 am
Location: QLD Australia

Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 Review

by Vandheer Lorde II Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:22 am

Omar wrote:Correction BF3 is for PC. the BF series was always for PC. i like CoD but it's getting old. BF is Old but DICE trys to make the francise new. if you don't believe me Infinity Ward only made campain they did 60%Of MW3 while sledgehammar did multi and other features. i like killconformed alot and freeforall these ideas are wonderful but Multiplayer lacks something. ahh more peeps? why not 16 v 16? oh no dedicated servers. i have to get a 4mb connection to play CoD . BF3 has 12 v 12 (64 for PC) when CoD started it had great idwas and keeped the francise new. now you get littte kids Screamin the F word every time. Bf3 isn't perfect but the multi is EPIC


Fuck multiplayer, honestly.

that being said, at-least it still has split-screen, does BF3.....HMMMMMM?
Image
User avatar
3lijahG
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:18 am

Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 Review

by 3lijahG Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Image

Image
orochimaru yukyuzan anji erza scarlett fuwa aika tomoe fantasy a grimmjow jaggerjaques jesus diana leto zeus nero huey freeman apollo
Image
User avatar
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 am
Location: Romania

Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 Review

by Cosminel Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:59 am

3lijahG wrote:Image

Image

Image
Image
User avatar
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:39 am
Location: Mexico City

Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 Review

by Omar Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:56 am

Vandheer Lorde II wrote:
Omar wrote:Correction BF3 is for PC. the BF series was always for PC. i like CoD but it's getting old. BF is Old but DICE trys to make the francise new. if you don't believe me Infinity Ward only made campain they did 60%Of MW3 while sledgehammar did multi and other features. i like killconformed alot and freeforall these ideas are wonderful but Multiplayer lacks something. ahh more peeps? why not 16 v 16? oh no dedicated servers. i have to get a 4mb connection to play CoD . BF3 has 12 v 12 (64 for PC) when CoD started it had great idwas and keeped the francise new. now you get littte kids Screamin the F word every time. Bf3 isn't perfect but the multi is EPIC


Fuck multiplayer, honestly.

that being said, at-least it still has split-screen, does BF3.....HMMMMMM?


BF3 has splitscreen? holy shit! thanks for telling me Master Yoda.
User avatar
Vandheer Lorde II
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:20 am
Location: QLD Australia

Re: Call of duty modern warfare 3 Review

by Vandheer Lorde II Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:19 am

Omar wrote:
Vandheer Lorde II wrote:
Omar wrote:Correction BF3 is for PC. the BF series was always for PC. i like CoD but it's getting old. BF is Old but DICE trys to make the francise new. if you don't believe me Infinity Ward only made campain they did 60%Of MW3 while sledgehammar did multi and other features. i like killconformed alot and freeforall these ideas are wonderful but Multiplayer lacks something. ahh more peeps? why not 16 v 16? oh no dedicated servers. i have to get a 4mb connection to play CoD . BF3 has 12 v 12 (64 for PC) when CoD started it had great idwas and keeped the francise new. now you get littte kids Screamin the F word every time. Bf3 isn't perfect but the multi is EPIC


Fuck multiplayer, honestly.

that being said, at-least it still has split-screen, does BF3.....HMMMMMM?


BF3 has splitscreen? holy shit! thanks for telling me Master Yoda.


It was a question Cunt!


I'm sorry for 'cunt' :(
Image
Return to VideoGames

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest