Gaming, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo and PC!!
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The conduit 2

by Daniel Sun Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:42 pm

The Conduit was certainty one of the best wii fps games I've played. It was lacking something though. There was no real sense of engagement. I am interested in a squeal, but I wouldn't say i'm excited. I don't think I could get excited about a wii game again (unless nintendo is developing it).
NintendoAgent
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by NintendoAgent Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:44 am

Metroid other M Looks like a game i would not sleep for a day or 2. I wonder how Team Ninja's design of this game would look like. Now if i am correct, is it going to be in 3rd person?
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:57 am

I've never really been into Metroid, but when it comes to First Person Shooters, I doubt The Conduit could come close to Crysis, or Bad Company 2. It can't, the wii's hardware won't allow it. Infact, any game on the wii, would be a ton better on a ps3. That's why I don't get excited for wii games, unless Nintendo is making it (New Zelda, Galaxy 2).
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:43 am

Daniel Sun wrote:I've never really been into Metroid, but when it comes to First Person Shooters, I doubt The Conduit could come close to Crysis, or Bad Company 2. It can't, the wii's hardware won't allow it. Infact, any game on the wii, would be a ton better on a ps3. That's why I don't get excited for wii games, unless Nintendo is making it (New Zelda, Galaxy 2).

Dan you can't seriously be comparing anything to the Wii can you?
Personally I think the Wii Is an Excuse for Non-Gamers to Play games, oh and that have Extremely Bad Graphics.....

Crysis is Awesome, Cept for a scope on ya Shotgun lol Whats up with that? lololololololol

Anybody here like F.E.A.R.? I think on-top of being a Horror it was actually a very Revolutionary Shooter, Really Realistic and fun
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:37 pm

Vandheer Lorde II wrote:
Daniel Sun wrote:I've never really been into Metroid, but when it comes to First Person Shooters, I doubt The Conduit could come close to Crysis, or Bad Company 2. It can't, the wii's hardware won't allow it. Infact, any game on the wii, would be a ton better on a ps3. That's why I don't get excited for wii games, unless Nintendo is making it (New Zelda, Galaxy 2).

Personally I think the Wii Is an Excuse for Non-Gamers to Play games, oh and that have Extremely Bad Graphics.....

Crysis is Awesome, Cept for a scope on ya Shotgun lol Whats up with that? lololololololol

Anybody here like F.E.A.R.? I think on-top of being a Horror it was actually a very Revolutionary Shooter, Really Realistic and fun

Yes, I am comparing Crysis to The Conduit. Why? Because Crysis is arguably the best FPS on the PC platform, and The Conduit is arguably the best FPS on the Wii platform. That is exactly the reason why I don't get excited for Wii games, because other platforms simply have better games. Does that make sense?
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:42 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:
Vandheer Lorde II wrote:

Yes, I am comparing Crysis to The Conduit. Why? Because Crysis is arguably the best FPS on the PC platform, and The Conduit is arguably the best FPS on the Wii platform. That is exactly the reason why I don't get excited for Wii games, because other platforms simply have better games. Does that make sense?

duh of course it does^^

What about Red Steel 1 or 2?
I think they are fairly Solid Shooters for the Wii
(oh and I didn't know that the Conduit game was on the Wii, Mistaken communication I guess lol)
Kalk

by Kalk Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:17 am

Sadly, what I think they're doing (Wii) is marketing to the younger demographic. Just think about it. Xbox and PS3 pretty much have the mature audience completely captivated. Wii did do a smart thing and started catering to that 4-12 or 15 age group where they love those pokemon games and anime/japanese related content that they're sick for.

That kind of sucks for us old schoolers though when they had chrono trigger, earth bound, FF2-6, and all those wicked fighting games that everyone loved. As they have progressed they have been marketing to what seems to be purely younger ages in the hopes of generating sales from kids nagging their parents.

A great idea and strategy since the other two companies are butting heads over titles like Halo, GoW, Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty, etc. The competition is nice though since it keeps prices lower and allows for extra cool add-on content.

I'm down for the PS3 mainly because of the free online content + free online gaming. I'd take that any day over the Red Ring. Friend of mine had to buy a second X-box and BOTH ended up red ringing. He bought a new PS3 and never had 1 problem. That's the nice thing about them. I guess there was a problem patching some of the older ones lately but they fixed it up quick with a new patch so they could use online content. Problem solved.

Anyway, that's my bitching for now.
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:18 am

Kalk wrote:Sadly, what I think they're doing (Wii) is marketing to the younger demographic. Just think about it. Xbox and PS3 pretty much have the mature audience completely captivated. Wii did do a smart thing and started catering to that 4-12 or 15 age group where they love those pokemon games and anime/japanese related content that they're sick for.

That kind of sucks for us old schoolers though when they had chrono trigger, earth bound, FF2-6, and all those wicked fighting games that everyone loved. As they have progressed they have been marketing to what seems to be purely younger ages in the hopes of generating sales from kids nagging their parents.

A great idea and strategy since the other two companies are butting heads over titles like Halo, GoW, Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty, etc. The competition is nice though since it keeps prices lower and allows for extra cool add-on content.

You have a very valid point there, i mean, What game does the Wii have to say for itself?
NOTHING lol
I think PC's game was def Unreal Tournament or Half life

Any UT Fans here?
(Anyone??)
NintendoAgent
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by NintendoAgent Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:56 am

I am more of a valve fan boy side, right now i am a PC gamer and i mostly played the valve games, hell i am actually having a LAN right now as i am typing this. What ever is on the 360 must be on the PC except a couple games
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:12 am

NintendoAgent wrote:I am more of a valve fan boy side, right now i am a PC gamer and i mostly played the valve games, hell i am actually having a LAN right now as i am typing this. What ever is on the 360 must be on the PC except a couple games

I'll level with ya there man, Valve is pretty Sweet^^

I think If Someone sucks at an FPS On the Xbox360 or Xbox
It's unfair, because It's soo much easier to Aim on a PC Aswell as the Realism and Intensity, Amirite?
NintendoAgent
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by NintendoAgent Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:24 pm

That leads to a conclusion why i barley play console shooters, i do not have the patience to aim with a stick :P

-- Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:24 pm --

That leads to a conclusion why i barley play console shooters, i do not have the patience to aim with a stick :P
Kalk

by Kalk Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:10 pm

NintendoAgent wrote:That leads to a conclusion why i barley play console shooters, i do not have the patience to aim with a stick :P

Yeah man I had a tough time going from PC to PS3 trying to aim and shit but you end up getting used to it.

I loved PC games and I think that Half Life 1 and 2 (plus all the expansions) are the greatest games there are for it. Diablo 2 as well. Diablo 3 will be the end of my life.

The only problem is that you have to upgrade the fuckin graphics cards and shit too often. I hated it when I had to update all my shit adn spend so much money just to keep up with the software in order make it run smooth.

More Ram, more memory, another graphics card.

Drove me nuts.

1 console every few years is good enough for me lol.
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:02 am

Kalk wrote:
NintendoAgent wrote:That leads to a conclusion why i barley play console shooters, i do not have the patience to aim with a stick :P

Yeah man I had a tough time going from PC to PS3 trying to aim and shit but you end up getting used to it.

I loved PC games and I think that Half Life 1 and 2 (plus all the expansions) are the greatest games there are for it. Diablo 2 as well. Diablo 3 will be the end of my life.

The only problem is that you have to upgrade the fuckin graphics cards and shit too often. I hated it when I had to update all my shit adn spend so much money just to keep up with the software in order make it run smooth.

Drove me nuts.

I remember trying to play FEAR 2 on my Bro's 360
I couldn't aim for shit lol
NintendoAgent
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by NintendoAgent Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:40 pm

Kalk wrote:

Drove me nuts.

Well games now days only need a video card that is a mid 8 series to run games that are 60fps, i used to adore my 8800gts for 2 years until it just burned out. I have a 5850 right now just to be sure i wouldn't have to keep on consistently upgrading for a long time.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:25 am

Just looked at those Conduit screens. Looks the same as the first. I'd be interested to see the game on the ps3.
Kalk

by Kalk Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:33 pm

Is it slated to be released for the PS3? I'd look it up but I just got in from a long ass drive. Fuck it.
scooober_steve
Core Nova
Core Nova

by scooober_steve Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:00 am

i hope this never gets made. the first one was way too shit
Return to VideoGames