Gaming, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo and PC!!
qwerty-space
Nebula
Nebula

Getting back into Skyrim!

by qwerty-space Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:41 pm

When was Skyrim released? Oh yeah, 2011.

After Skyrim was released I really wanted it. So in 2012 or 2013 I bought it, unfortunately I didn't have a PC that could run it, so I saved up for a year or 2 and bought my beautiful custom desktop, and could play Skyrim! I installed a ton of mods, then got bored. Recently I got into it again, and it is as amazing as I remember! Immersive and wonderful. The modding community is still alive and kicking, so I got a few more immersive mods and other stuff to make it even better and I now have 107 mods....

Still love this game despite it's flaws, and if you haven't played it I highly recommend that you do. It is a game with hours and hours of fun.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

Re: Getting back into Skyrim!

by 16thSquadSanseki Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:42 pm

Ahaha, yeah, I bought Skyrim during one of Steam sales because it's definitely something I want to play. But I met the same problem as you, I don't really have the PC to play it on. The longest it could handle was till I finished the character customization.
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:03 am

Did they end up releasing that MMO ElderScrolls game?
Nameless1
Nebula
Nebula

by Nameless1 Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:18 am

Yeah, it's not very good IMO
Make guns not war.

I'm water person, think of a Pisces with a longsword.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:28 am

The Elder Scrolls MMO is nothing like Skyrim. It has that same elements of Antrim but it's not as fun as Skyrim. Besides Skyrim has very fun mods to play around with.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:41 am

Yeah, I heard that the MMO wasn't developed by the same company and it turned out not impressive and with some annoying stuff. Too bad, I'd love to play something like that if it was as good as Skyrim.
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:17 pm

Well... we will always have The next Entry for The Elder Scrolls.
Right now I'm waiting for Fallout 4.
Nameless1
Nebula
Nebula

by Nameless1 Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:56 pm

Wow, I decided to have a look back at skyrim myself and as fun a game as it is, the vanilla gameplay is really kind of rubbish compared to the overhual mods.

Seriously, magic in skyrim is goddam pathetic.
Make guns not war.

Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:39 am

You're telling me! You should tell that to passionate console gamers.

If you don't get flammed by them about how mods are ruining games and that their console support modding and shit. But yes Skyrim is better with mods, now if they could make a multiplayer mod for skyrim...
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:36 am

Omar wrote:But yes Skyrim is better with mods, now if they could make a multiplayer mod for skyrim...

My friend mentioned some multiplayer mod to me but since the game doesn't work for me anyway, I don't know any details...
Nameless1
Nebula
Nebula

by Nameless1 Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:09 pm

*sigh and waits for project skywind to finish*
Make guns not war.

Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:31 pm

16thSquadSanseki wrote:
Omar wrote:But yes Skyrim is better with mods, now if they could make a multiplayer mod for skyrim...

My friend mentioned some multiplayer mod to me but since the game doesn't work for me anyway, I don't know any details...

You should get a gaming PC. The price range doesn't have to be a $800 range.
I found a PC with the same price tag of a PS4. And it runs very well.
It can run recent games at 120 frames per seconds. Except of course for Crysis 3 in where you need a PC of $800 to run it at full 60fps and above(because Crysis uses a lot of the processors)

Gaming on a PC is great! Unless you live in one of those countries that heavily taxes PC parts. I'm looking at you Poland.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:07 am

Omar wrote:Gaming on a PC is great! Unless you live in one of those countries that heavily taxes PC parts. I'm looking at you Poland.

ha... haha... HAHAHAHAHA haha... *sob*

Well, as long as I can play SC2, it's ok. But I'm planning to upgrade the graphics card (eventually), maybe that will help.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:49 pm

16thSquadSanseki wrote:
Omar wrote:Gaming on a PC is great! Unless you live in one of those countries that heavily taxes PC parts. I'm looking at you Poland.

ha... haha... HAHAHAHAHA haha... *sob*

Well, as long as I can play SC2, it's ok. But I'm planning to upgrade the graphics card (eventually), maybe that will help.

Did i strike a nerve or something?
Would you kindly give me your PC specs so i can see what you need to upgrade.
qwerty-space
Nebula
Nebula

by qwerty-space Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:18 pm

For some reason I didn't get any emails about there being replies to this topic...
Anyway, I have loads of immersive mods and overhaul mods, I can point out a few.... hundred if you like.

In regards to upgrading a PC or buying a new one I highly recommend pcpartpicker.com or uk.pcpartpicker.com if you are in the UK. It compares prices from across the web and tell you if they are compatible and what wattage you have. I bought my PC from there. if you would like to check out some part lists I have made for me or friends feel free!
uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/ankrotachi10/saved
Kalk

by Kalk Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:03 pm

Just got in to this! I have had it for about 6 months but put off playing it because I knew I would need to dedicate an enormous time to it... I was certainly right. Smashing the hours in to it now though. I can't get the DLC because I am in a separate country sadly but... damn this game is awesome. I will get the DLC when I get back home.

It can certainly be repetitive with the "go get this, get that" quests but the main(ish) quests are brilliant. I am trying to beat the imperials while restoring the thieves guild/assassinating for the Dark Brotherhood. I picked a Khajit for first play through and wouldn't change it at all. I dual wield swords and use two different bows. One for damage and one for soul trapping when I need it. Having a maxed out bow is way OP... fighting 2-3 guys they cant even reach you from paralyze and if you go for dual wield the dmg is insane... taking out blood dragons/ancient dragons in 2-3 combos... wtf? Smashing.
Return to VideoGames