Gaming, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo and PC!!
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Love my WiiU

by Daniel Sun Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:59 pm

Honestly I do. I play it for more than my PS4.
At first I was very excited to get my Ps4. After playing Killzone and Resogun, there was not much else to hold my interest. The playstion store is also disappointing in itself, in my opinion it is poorly designed and takes for too long to load. Often images don't load when scrolling through games - it's too hard to find games. Yeah... just no happy with it.

My Wiiu on the other hand, this year, has been my main gaming system. Mario 3d World is incredible, Need for Speed gave me my racing fix until Mario Kart 8 came along. Child of Light is amazing too. All these games which I can play on the gamepad with the TV off, oftern in my own bedroom. Very, very awesome. To complement these games, I've also got a handful of smaller titles like Nes remix, Nano Assault, Xtype+ and Cubed.

Here's a screenshot of my wiiu menu:
wiiu.png
wiiu.png (527.75 KiB) Viewed 652 times

I think the WiiU is fantastic! Can't wait to play Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors and Splatoon. Devils third looks very interesting too. I would love a solid FPS on WiiU, but I fear that there might be too few players online. I'm sure Devils Third and Splatoon will have plenty of players.

Anyone else got a WiiU? Need some friends to game with :)
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

Re: Love my WiiU

by Omar Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:22 pm

The Wii U is a great platform, but unfortunately. There's not much third party support and that makes the console look a bit dull without so many third party games.

I insist that Nintendo has great titles for the Wii U coming out in 2015.
And I would love to get my hands on the Wii U for two games that I would always play.
And that's Super Smash Bros. 4 and new The Legend of Zelda game for Wii U.

If Nintendo wanted too, a new Metroid game would be great!
I heard that a new star Fox game is in the works. I cannot wait for what Nintendo will bring to the table.

Right now, The PS4 and Xbox 720p is not worth picking up right now.
There's a lot of problems with these consoles and I recommend a nice PC rig if you want to play on 4k resolution and better performance with graphics and frame rate.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:46 pm

Omar wrote:Right now, The PS4 and Xbox 720p is not worth picking up right now.
There's a lot of problems with these consoles and I recommend a nice PC rig if you want to play on 4k resolution and better performance with graphics and frame rate.

I wish inFamous: Second Son wasn't PS4 exclusive, that game looks so good.
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:46 am

16thSquadSanseki wrote:

Second Son is actually a very good game! I've completed the campaign, but still need to do the side missions. 4k gaming would require $$$$ for a 4k screen + gpu power - I say stick with 1080p
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:52 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:
16thSquadSanseki wrote:

Second Son is actually a very good game! I've completed the campaign, but still need to do the side missions. 4k gaming would require $$$$ for a 4k screen + gpu power - I say stick with 1080p

I watched Yogscast Hannah play it. The graphics are the most impressive but I actually liked the plot too. Too bad I can't play it :(

Did you get First Light too? Or the DLC Paper Trail?
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:02 am

Nah I haven't got first light just yet. But indeed the plot is actually quite good - I was told the plot was terrible, but it's fun :0
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:37 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:Nah I haven't got first light just yet. But indeed the plot is actually quite good - I was told the plot was terrible, but it's fun :0

Well, it's a guy with superpowers basically, so... :D But it's nice. And I like the fact that they concentrated more on the siblings relationship than looking for love interest for the main character heh. BTW, did you play Hero or Infamous? Or both?

I haven't watched First Light yet either. But Paper Trail is good. Paper Trail is not your regular DLC, it's not just additional missions in the game, they decided to use a bit different concept. In the game you're following certain person and find hints like site addresses and numbers and if you type those addresses in actual browser, they all exist and you find next hints there. Or there are puzzles you need to solve outside of the game. I really like that idea of not just additional stuff to blow up in game.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:34 am

16thSquadSanseki wrote:
Daniel Sun wrote:Nah I haven't got first light just yet. But indeed the plot is actually quite good - I was told the plot was terrible, but it's fun :0

Well, it's a guy with superpowers basically, so... :D But it's nice. And I like the fact that they concentrated more on the siblings relationship than looking for love interest for the main character heh. BTW, did you play Hero or Infamous? Or both?

I haven't watched First Light yet either. But Paper Trail is good. Paper Trail is not your regular DLC, it's not just additional missions in the game, they decided to use a bit different concept. In the game you're following certain person and find hints like site addresses and numbers and if you type those addresses in actual browser, they all exist and you find next hints there. Or there are puzzles you need to solve outside of the game. I really like that idea of not just additional stuff to blow up in game.

I didn't know there was another DLC for infamous - Interesting I'll need to look into it. During my playthrough, I did a few good things, a few bad things... In the end I was Infamous lol. The decisions are good, It was hard to choose either way
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:30 am

Daniel Sun wrote:
16thSquadSanseki wrote:

I didn't know there was another DLC for infamous - Interesting I'll need to look into it. During my playthrough, I did a few good things, a few bad things... In the end I was Infamous lol. The decisions are good, It was hard to choose either way

Apparently you can just access Paper Trail in your game as a bonus, they just launched it later (that's what I got from the FAQ anyway).
http://infamouspapertrail.com/about?locale=en
As I said, it's more of a backstory thing explaining some events.

For some reason the Hero path makes more sense to me, like Delsin doesn't seem to be bad person on the beginning, after all he jumped into fire to save someone and all. But I guess things can change. The first choice could go either way even if he's a good boy since it's less good and evil and more courage and fear.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:26 am

Infamous Second Son was alright, but story-wise was no where near Infamous or Infamous 2.
The story-writing was very bland and nothing too ground-breaking.

Comes in Infamous: First Light and the story improved a lot more and was more focus on the main character Abigail "Fetch" Walker.
For a six hour DLC it was worth getting it for fifteen bucks. I wish that Sucker Punch focuses more on Fetch, because she's a much more interesting character in my opinion.
Return to VideoGames