Gaming, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo and PC!!
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Playstation world wide crisis!

by Daniel Sun Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:02 am

I was chatting with someone before, he told me his playstation is broken, won't play games, won't connect to the PSN. Some time later I received a call from my dear friend Pat, he told me his cousins playstation was fucked. An odd coincidence I though. Shortly after that, I got a call from my other friend Shaun, who was playing Heavy Rain, tell me how well he was going. This got me all excited to play Heavy Rain myself. And what happens when I turn on my playstation?
My dam playstaion won't connect to the PSN, not only that, but It won't let me play games either!
I start to piece things together. I call Pat, and tell him to turn on his playstation, his too has the same problem down to the error code. I reason that there must be some kind of issue with the servers. But that wouldn't make sense, for my friend Shaun, was playing heavy rain just fine. Of course, he has a PS3 Slim. And I realize, that this must be a system error. Sure enough...

IGN wrote:
PlayStation 3 Suffering From Widespread PSN Error

SCEA is looking into widespread reports tonight of PlayStation Network login errors causing many left unable to play games, and even lose trophies, on certain PlayStation 3 consoles.

"We're aware that many of you are having problems connecting to PSN, and yes, we're looking into it," the company said in a statement. "Stay tuned for updates."

Forum members and e-mail tipsters are saying this problem is primarily affecting owners of the older model of the PlayStation 3, and is even causing users to lose trophies previously earned. Many titles, such as Heavy Rain, are also now unplayable due to connection issues with Sony's servers.

One theory points to an issue with the console's internal calendar, which is reportedly resetting pre-slim models to 12/31/1999.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

Re: Playstation world wide crisis!

by Omar Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:49 pm

Meh....Friend has Same Error.
Could this be the the PSN's Fucked up server or the normal PS3 can't play games
but the ps3 slim can work who knows. might as well check IGN or any other game informer.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:24 am

It's all fixed now, so I hear. I haven't tried to use me PS3 yet.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:26 am

I think People would like to Get some Explianations on why the hell did the PSN had a Shut Down.

My Prediction.
Virus
Update
Error
Hacker Shutdown
Server Problems (like power options)
who knows. really
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:57 am

Apparently something to do with a leap year error. I wonna know more also.
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:33 am

I heard on the Radio that it was Fixed....Even tho I don't even own one.......yet XD
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:52 pm

if it was a leap year problem why did sony didn't notice from a long time ago.
NintendoAgent
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by NintendoAgent Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:36 pm

I was hoping someone would post this, i have the older model of the ps3 and i wanted to get in the PSN network to get the God of War 3 demo. I was pissed that night and now i shall connect again
Aku saturos
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Aku saturos Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:52 am

God of war 3 isnt release yet til March 16, and its only released for PS3s not yet for Pcs, It fuxs because i had only a PS2 box and i require PS3 for God of war 3, But apparently there is a PS3 on the malls but the rental could cost me dearly and buying one PS3 could cost a fortune. Higher than to buy even a bike
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Aku saturos wrote:God of war 3 isnt release yet til March 16, and its only released for PS3s not yet for Pcs, It fuxs because i had only a PS2 box and i require PS3 for God of war 3, But apparently there is a PS3 on the malls but the rental could cost me dearly and buying one PS3 could cost a fortune. Higher than to buy even a bike

check out ebay for new ps3's or amazon, perhaps even try dubli.com
You should be able to get your hands on a ps3 for a good price.
qwerty-space
Nebula
Nebula

by qwerty-space Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:24 pm

yeah even my friends and not friends had the same problem with their ps3 an i said after 5 secs thinking its a system error if everyone is having it then their is a bug in the programming or... when connected to the internet an evil play station hating genius sent a virus over the internet to put an error on all play stations after getting a job at play station and finding out its internet frequency but left before he new about ps3 slim and crashed the ps3's!!! perfect thinking if i don't say so my self
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:57 am

Right now the PSN is offline since 22/04/11 and it hasn't been online
it's undermaintendence i heard that portal 2 did this because of steam. oh well errors occure.
Return to VideoGames