General chit-chat here..
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

Re: Chat Thread

by 16thSquadSanseki Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:39 am

Vandheer Lorde II wrote:Holy shit, that's bad.
I'd be writing someone an angry letter over such bs.

And yea, apparently G+ wants to know everything about you, from your location, to your phone number, to your interests.
And now that they have a tight leash around YouTube, it's only going to get worse, I think those rumers I heard a year or so back, the ones about Google trying to effectively 'buy' the internet; might have some truth to them.

Well, it's not like it would change anything. It's such a rat race, they don't care that they can screw stuff up for someone and they think that everyone must be like them. Maybe MAYBE I would be less mad if they at least announced it earlier, so maybe I could tell someone to forward info to me or whatever but no, they just assumed that in current times everyone must be on facebook and if someone isn't, they're some weirdo and outsider and it's not their problem.

Yeah, it seems like it. Also another thing that is annoying me apart from collecting info is also tailoring everything, I mean they want you to see only what they think you should see. I mean it's not like they couldn't do it earlier but they're going farther and farther.

Vandheer Lorde II wrote:And ok, can't imagine playing AC on a computer, to be honest.
But anyway, I only own 2 & 3, but i've played and finished all but Revelations (got to like, the second last level in the last memory sequence, before I had to return it to the video store hahaha.)

Speaking of AC. What do you think of the new Thief game coming out?

It's pretty much the same as on a console :D I actually bought controller just for AC, so there's really not much difference. I was playing on keyboard at first but holding multiple buttons etc. is much more comfortable with controller.
Heritage Collection is AC, AC2, AC:B, AC:R and AC3, so those I'm gonna play or at least try to play for sure :D Hopefully my computer will manage, we gotta upgrade it but meh...

Well, Thief looks to me like a mix of AC, Skyrim and a bit of Mirror's Edge :D Sounds interesting but I'll prolly have to wait years to play it anyway.
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:01 am

Yea, that's messed up, people like you and I are apparently becomming rare, tech is great, but it should assist our lives, not 'be' our lives.

And actually, although it's called "Thief", it's actually the 3rd game.

You could definitely play the originals on your pc, they're pretty old.
It's 'finding' them, that'll be a pain hahaha
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:32 pm

Vandheer Lorde II wrote:Yea, that's messed up, people like you and I are apparently becomming rare, tech is great, but it should assist our lives, not 'be' our lives.

Yeah...

How old are they? I assume they aren't on steam or something, so they're back from the days when 10 people could play with 1 CD? :D I may look around. What are the titles?
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:14 pm

16thSquadSanseki wrote:
Vandheer Lorde II wrote:Yea, that's messed up, people like you and I are apparently becomming rare, tech is great, but it should assist our lives, not 'be' our lives.

Yeah...

How old are they? I assume they aren't on steam or something, so they're back from the days when 10 people could play with 1 CD? :D I may look around. What are the titles?

Something like that, early 2000s.

And yea, the first I think is Thief: deadly shadows, and from there, finding the sequel will be easy.
MadSkillz
Super Nova
Super Nova

by MadSkillz Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:07 pm

Hey guys, its been a while since I've posted on here.

I'd recommend getting the new Thief game; I've bought and played the first two on Steam. They're pretty darn good for old games.
My DeviantArt

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
~Aristotle
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:14 pm

MadSkillz wrote:Hey guys, its been a while since I've posted on here.

I'd recommend getting the new Thief game; I've bought and played the first two on Steam. They're pretty darn good for old games.

Ah, so they are on steam? What are the exact titles?
I may play them once I finish AC, we'll see :P
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:39 pm

Let's bring this topic back up!

C'mon everyone we're back in business!
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:19 pm

So how's everyone doing?
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:14 am

I'm doing pretty good.
Nothing much around happening.
I'm just working on some game projects of mine.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:39 am

Nothing that important here either I think...

I've been drawing as usually. Few months ago I randomly started to draw on paper again, with black pen, and it turned out that there is a massive improvement after almost a year of using mostly tablet. So yeah, I've been doing more traditional art again 'cause I enjoy it a lot.

I also finally started to catch up on Assassin's Creed, recently finished AC2. I will draw a bit of that I guess :p

And for the first time ever I'm in Gold in SC2 :D (no one cares, I know)
It makes me even more happy because I switched race in December. Welp, time to get rekt in this new league, I'm still bad.
Kalk

by Kalk Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:52 pm

Decided to take time off work. Haven't worked in over 3 months. What did I end up doing? Decided to buy a second hand PS3 and a bunch of games since they're cheap now. Working through all the titles now.

Bio Shock 2 and 3
Dead Island 1 and 1.5
Assassins creed 2.3, 2.6, 3 and 4
Max Payne 3
The Last of Us (Fucking thing freezes the PS3 on the elevator scene at the end of the game with no fix)
Mass Effect 2 and 3
Borderlands 2
FFX3-2 Lightning Returns
Metro Last Night
Deus Ex Machina (awesome game)
Dead Space 1,2 (extraction) and 3
Uncharted 1 and 2
Skyrim

A few more titles... haven't gotten to all of them but working at it.

My life is pathetic.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:00 pm

Kalk wrote:Decided to take time off work. Haven't worked in over 3 months. What did I end up doing? Decided to buy a second hand PS3 and a bunch of games since they're cheap now. Working through all the titles now.

Bio Shock 2 and 3
Dead Island 1 and 1.5
Max Payne 3
The Last of Us (Fucking thing freezes the PS3 on the elevator scene at the end of the game with no fix)
Mass Effect 2 and 3
Borderlands 2
FFX3-2 Lightning Returns
Metro Last Night
Uncharted 1 and 2
Skyrim

My life is pathetic.

Try Journey. It's probably one of if not THE most beautiful game ever.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:02 am

Journey indeed, frigging amazing.

I've been busy all year. Sooooo......
January - Scored myself a part time job at a Game Studio here in Melbourne called 'Twiitch'
Worked on a mobile/tablet game. My job was UI/UX.

Also Scored myself an animation contract - doing a trailer for another companies mobile game 'breakout blurg'.

Around March I won a contract to develop a game for Cartoon Network - Ninjago NinjaCode
Ultimately that game caused me a mental explosion. Project has just been completed now thank fuck...

Back to focusing on Sun-Studios and trying to keep it that way1!

Otherwise, LOTS of MarioKart 8
Nameless1
Nebula
Nebula

by Nameless1 Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:21 am

16thSquadSanseki wrote:
Kalk wrote:Decided to take time off work. Haven't worked in over 3 months. What did I end up doing? Decided to buy a second hand PS3 and a bunch of games since they're cheap now. Working through all the titles now.

Bio Shock 2 and 3
Dead Island 1 and 1.5
Max Payne 3
Mass Effect 2 and 3
Borderlands 2
FFX3-2 Lightning Returns
Metro Last Night
Uncharted 1 and 2
Skyrim

My life is pathetic.

Also play their other game, it's called flower and it is such a wonderful experience.
Make guns not war.

I'm water person, think of a Pisces with a longsword.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:11 am

Flower and Journey were created by thatgamecompany
Yes, by thatgamecompany.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:34 am

Nameless1 wrote:
16thSquadSanseki wrote:

Bio Shock 2 and 3
Dead Island 1 and 1.5
Max Payne 3
Mass Effect 2 and 3
Borderlands 2
FFX3-2 Lightning Returns
Metro Last Night
Uncharted 1 and 2
Skyrim

My life is pathetic.

Also play their other game, it's called flower and it is such a wonderful experience.

You can also try flOw while you're at it. ThatGameCompany is just so good at creating beautiful worlds.

Apparently, they released/will release a Collector's Edition with all 3 games, so you may want to get that.
Kalk

by Kalk Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:25 pm

Yeah I have about 7 more games I would like to collect before i finally move on to the PS4 (which won't be for a while once I heard how long it will take me to get through all these).

I am hoping to get a job in Austria in March... if I get that I will be good to go for a few years for work thankfully.

Sounds like everyone has been busy.
Nameless1
Nebula
Nebula

by Nameless1 Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:03 pm

0u0

I am now employed as a contracted playtester!
Make guns not war.

I'm water person, think of a Pisces with a longsword.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:51 am

I haven't been doing much at the moment. But I've been working on some projects at the moment. Here's a game that I've been working on for a couple of months now.

Here's a link.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1344

I've been working on my long awaited mobile game. After learning JavaScript for unity for many weeks. I also teamed up with a fellow independent developer who is more experienced with JavaScript.

Anyway, I got a PS3. I will upgrade to PS4 when 2015 drops.
I decided not to buy a PS4 due to the lack of exclusive games on it. Sure it has Killzone, Infamous Second Sun, The Last of Us Remastered, and some few Indie Games. But I'm not really into them.
Kalk

by Kalk Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:32 am

See, that's the problem. I saw a used copy of Journey in the store. I have never heard of Flow or the other one but I didn't want ot take the risk of getting a new game from a series i haven't heard of. It's so tough for me to pick between games but the last copy of playstation magazine i picked up they had a "top 10" for PS3 and it was number 3 i think... i was a bit surprised that GTAV was voted number 1 but.... ah well...

Started Mass Effect 2 last night.... holy shit I didn't realize that bioware made it! I am a MASSIVE fan of Dragon Age. I love the medieval feel and the writing is excellent. The graphics are a 10 as well. They really put a lot of effort to get you to empathize with the characters.

Can't wait to get in to it but... the annoying thing is that I have to get right back in to it after I beat it because of all the types of endings... that's a frustrating thing for me since to get a trophy in these games normally you have to play all the endings and take the time to learn how to get all the endings and conversations right to get all the characters! Enraging.
Kalk

by Kalk Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:07 pm

Also... The Last of Us... what a terrific game. Definitely one of the best I have ever played... except for:

Loading issues
cut scene issues
audio/texture issues
level portions disappearing

And those are the ones I found just playing through PLUS the fact that I have NEVER finished the game.. why? Cut scene from the elevator in the game... soon as it hits the correct floor and tries to switch to the cut scene it freezes... i can hit pause and when i try to skip the scene we have a complete PS3 failure. Have to unplug it and plug it back in.

I deleted the game data and patch data. I tried to play it with the patch. Without the patch. Online. Offline. Limitless frames on and off... tilting the PS3 45 degrees. I read all the online forums by naughty dog and PS3.... no fixes for it. Some people have it happen and some people don't.

I have ONE trophy in the game and as long as I can't finish it I won't get more. That's heart breaking.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:03 pm

Nameless1 wrote:0u0

I am now employed as a contracted playtester!

Cool! What kind of games are you testing? Or just anything they tell you to?

Kalk wrote:See, that's the problem. I saw a used copy of Journey in the store. I have never heard of Flow or the other one but I didn't want ot take the risk of getting a new game from a series i haven't heard of. It's so tough for me to pick between games but the last copy of playstation magazine i picked up they had a "top 10" for PS3 and it was number 3 i think... i was a bit surprised that GTAV was voted number 1 but.... ah well...

Journey is awesome. It's a game without a single word of dialogue. You just end up in this desert world and wander around. And you experience your own journey to the single mountain, finding out more about the history on your way. Here, TB described it nicely: link

In flOw you're a water organism and you eat other water creatures. As you eat them, you evolve into different thing. I remember there was a free version of it on their site but can't find it now.

I haven't played Flower yet.

Kalk wrote:Also... The Last of Us... what a terrific game. Definitely one of the best I have ever played... except for:

Loading issues
cut scene issues
audio/texture issues

And those are the ones I found just playing through PLUS the fact that I have NEVER finished the game.. why? Cut scene from the elevator in the game... soon as it hits the correct floor and tries to switch to the cut scene it freezes... i can hit pause and when i try to skip the scene we have a complete PS3 failure. Have to unplug it and plug it back in.

I deleted the game data and patch data. I tried to play it with the patch. Without the patch. Online. Offline. Limitless frames on and off... tilting the PS3 45 degrees. I read all the online forums by naughty dog and PS3.... no fixes for it. Some people have it happen and some people don't.

I have ONE trophy in the game and as long as I can't finish it I won't get more. That's heart breaking.

That sucks.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:42 pm

Kalk wrote:Also... The Last of Us... what a terrific game. Definitely one of the best I have ever played... except for:

Loading issues
cut scene issues
audio/texture issues

I think you should restart the whole game.
Delete your save file and start over again. It has happened to me with some games (GTA V was a problem for me) I think there's something that's making the PS3 go crazy and freeze.

Hopefully the PS4 doesn't have this problem.
Kalk

by Kalk Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:07 am

Yeah.. I think i'm going to just delete the save and restart.... Or just start a new file and try that one later. Will try it in a harder mode I think. Medium was hard as it was but I think I could make it through. Been practicing. Having a blast with Mass Effect 2 right now though.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:11 pm

Kalk wrote:Yeah.. I think i'm going to just delete the save and restart.... Or just start a new file and try that one later. Will try it in a harder mode I think. Medium was hard as it was but I think I could make it through. Been practicing. Having a blast with Mass Effect 2 right now though.

Enjoy Mass Effect 2. And you should get Mass Effect 3. The game that fucked up people's experience due to the ending.
I am not saying it's a bad game, It's the contrary actually. But hey, we're getting a Mass Effect squeal for next-Gen consoles!
Return to General