General chit-chat here..
Nameless1
Nebula
Nebula

Re: Chat Thread

by Nameless1 Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:52 pm

16thSquadSanseki wrote:
Nameless1 wrote:0u0

I am now employed as a contracted playtester!

Cool! What kind of games are you testing? Or just anything they tell you to?

I have no idea yet! Whatever they ask for I guess.

...I do know that Valve has their office in my local area though.
Make guns not war.

I'm water person, think of a Pisces with a longsword.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:26 pm

Dude seriously, lol. Good for you man.
Kalk

by Kalk Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:12 pm

Already got it! Got 2 and 3 at the same time. I'm swapping back and forth between uncharted 1 and mass effect 2. Hoping to get both done this week... i have so many games I want to play again to get all the trophies though.. damn it.

I have seen some bad game endings.. I am excited to see it though! I am liking shephard, pretty cool character. I lose a lot of characters along the way though because I choose the hate answers all the time.

Will see where it goes.

I have read some reviews on Journey and excited to get it now.

Man.. I need to get a job.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:24 pm

Kalk wrote:Already got it! Got 2 and 3 at the same time. I'm swapping back and forth between uncharted 1 and mass effect 2. Hoping to get both done this week... i have so many games I want to play again to get all the trophies though.. damn it.

I have seen some bad game endings.. I am excited to see it though! I am liking shephard, pretty cool character. I lose a lot of characters along the way though because I choose the hate answers all the time.

Will see where it goes.

I have read some reviews on Journey and excited to get it now.

Man.. I need to get a job.

Why is it so hard to get a job when you 'graduated' from university years ago.
Seriously, this world only hire idiots with inferior studies.
But Don't worry man, shit always balances itself.
Kalk

by Kalk Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:51 pm

Haha no no... I'm just being lazy. I could have a job if I wanted one. I have an offer in North Carolina but I am just not sure about going since it's going in to a dead season.

University is a joke. You learn lots but, unless you take maths or sciences, it has no real world application. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for what I have learned and I definitely analyze situations better with critical thinking from philosophy but... When is the next time I will talk about my thesis on the Tokyo War Crime Trials after world war II?

I am a tandem master now and I could go to New Zealand or Brazil for work.... I am just being lazy about contacting work places. It is tourist time for both of those coming up so I should get a move on a get to them for three months of solid work before I decide to come back to England. I am waiting to hear back from a job in a wind tunnel in Austria... it looks like I might get it and that will be a solid job for 2 years.

It will all come around. I just put on some weight so I am going to work it off before I do anything.

Also, just beat Uncharted 1.... not too shabby. Good game. I like it. Replaying it on Hard to get all the treasures and a few more medals.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:46 am

Kalk wrote:Haha no no... I'm just being lazy. I could have a job if I wanted one. I have an offer in North Carolina but I am just not sure about going since it's going in to a dead season.

University is a joke. You learn lots but, unless you take maths or sciences, it has no real world application. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for what I have learned and I definitely analyze situations better with critical thinking from philosophy but... When is the next time I will talk about my thesis on the Tokyo War Crime Trials after world war II?

I am a tandem master now and I could go to New Zealand or Brazil for work.... I am just being lazy about contacting work places. It is tourist time for both of those coming up so I should get a move on a get to them for three months of solid work before I decide to come back to England. I am waiting to hear back from a job in a wind tunnel in Austria... it looks like I might get it and that will be a solid job for 2 years.

It will all come around. I just put on some weight so I am going to work it off before I do anything.

Also, just beat Uncharted 1.... not too shabby. Good game. I like it. Replaying it on Hard to get all the treasures and a few more medals.

Smart dude like you will land something awesome no problem. Uncharted one is unreal. Uncharted 2 is better! Uncharted 3 is more of the same.
Kalk

by Kalk Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:08 pm

Aww... thanks Danny Poo.

Yeah man Uncharted 1 is sick. Started it again on hard mode and got through the third scene aaaaaaaaand freezes.... yup. Good for Naughty Dog that's 2/2 of games I have played from them. The Last of Us froze at the end and Uncharted 1 is freezing at the beginning. Started Uncharted 2 and... here's hoping.. i can finish it.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:26 am

Kalk wrote:Aww... thanks Danny Poo.

Yeah man Uncharted 1 is sick. Started it again on hard mode and got through the third scene aaaaaaaaand freezes.... yup. Good for Naughty Dog that's 2/2 of games I have played from them. The Last of Us froze at the end and Uncharted 1 is freezing at the beginning. Started Uncharted 2 and... here's hoping.. i can finish it.

I'm starting to think that your PS3 is flawed.
I played all of Naughty Dog games a hundred of times and I never had a freezing issue.
Kalk

by Kalk Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:55 am

Honestly, I am thinking that too but I do not know what to do about it... I did google it though to see if anyone else had the issue and, of course, The Last of Us has produced not only pages upon pages of freezing I have also found pages specifically for the issue.

As for Uncharted I found several people that have, once again, that had freezes at the exact same part!

One thing I have noted is that most people have the same kind of play station as myself. A slim 120 gig..... Anyone else hear any problems with this version of PS3?
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:20 pm

I don't have a Slim, I got a fat one (hahah). But I did notice Tekken Tag 2 lagging more often on Sarge's Slim than on my fat.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:46 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:I don't have a Slim, I got a fat one (hahah). But I did notice Tekken Tag 2 lagging more often on Sarge's Slim than on my fat.

I got the fat one too (hahaha). One of my friends told me that the PS3 slim would break more often due to the lack of fans on the system. Why do you think Sony released the SuperSlim Edition SKU?
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:03 am

'EVERYBODY, GET IN HERE'

Ahem, I mean, let's revive this place now that we have many newcomers :D
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Blackout Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:32 am

16thSquadSanseki wrote:'EVERYBODY, GET IN HERE'

Ok. Does this post help :P ?
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:50 am

Blackout wrote:

Well, it's a chat thread, so... :P

Out of curiosity, anyone playing Heroes of the Storm?
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Blackout Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:29 pm

16thSquadSanseki wrote:Out of curiosity, anyone playing Heroes of the Storm?

Not me, sorry :/.
Black
Shouting Nova
Shouting Nova

by Black Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:38 pm

16thSquadSanseki wrote:
Blackout wrote:

Looks like another Leauge of Legends/Dota/Smite clone.

Is it any good?
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:48 pm

Black wrote:
16thSquadSanseki wrote:
Blackout wrote:

Looks like another Leauge of Legends/Dota/Smite clone.

Is it any good?

Well, the difference is that it's more objective based. Each map has its own mechanic. For example Garden Terror map - there is a day and night cycle, during night you have to kill minions and collect the seeds they drop, once you collect 100, you can grow Garden Terror (special powerful unit, one of the heroes gets into it to control it).

It's quite fun, it's kept in rather light-hearted mood. I can't say too much though since I don't play other mobas and I've been into StarCraft for a long time, so it's fun for me because of familiar characters and getting to know new ones. IMO the game is enjoyable but rather for playing with friends to not feel like you're dragging down the team.

The game was just launched and seems to be fairly popular, so I'm just curious how many people here have tried it.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:47 am

I'll try Heroes of the storm sometime around Winter. I hope it's better then LOL.
Can't get myself to play Dota, mainly because I don't have friends on Steam and because making friends online is a mixed bag on these mobas.
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole

by VandheerLorde Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:09 am

16thSquadSanseki wrote:

Nope, though I've watched a handful of gameplay videos, and it looks promising. Different maps, all with their own unique missions and objectives, to mix up the gameplay a bit, making it less repetitive. Each Hero have a lot of options how to level up, giving the player a lot more variety even when playing just one Hero. And as stated, the games are generally faster with a much more lighthearted feel to them. I like that approach. All the serious negativity when playing League of Legends is what made me quit. Everyone is just so try-hard-mode. I were just trying to have some fun and enjoy the game. We'll see if I'll try Heroes Of The Storm though.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:00 pm

VandheerLorde wrote:
16thSquadSanseki wrote:

Nope, though I've watched a handful of gameplay videos, and it looks promising. Different maps, all with their own unique missions and objectives, to mix up the gameplay a bit, making it less repetitive. Each Hero have a lot of options how to level up, giving the player a lot more variety even when playing just one Hero. And as stated, the games are generally faster with a much more lighthearted feel to them. I like that approach. All the serious negativity when playing League of Legends is what made me quit. Everyone is just so try-hard-mode. I were just trying to have some fun and enjoy the game. We'll see if I'll try Heroes Of The Storm though.

Well, I've been in since the alpha but I'm not a hardcore player. Of course you will meet some try-harders because it's competitive game (or at least Blizzard wants it to be), many people also come from other games. I don't know how bad it is now that it's launched since I haven't played for a while but you can always just turn off the communication (there's no All chat in matches to begin with, only Ally).

I myself prefer to just play with people I know. You get xp bonuses for playing in party too.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:10 am

IT LIVES
Return to General