General chit-chat here..
Kalk

Sky diving

by Kalk Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:21 am

Just getting into it. Took the single jump lesson. It wasn't really all that much to learn. Only took about 4 hours then you go up 3500 feet and hop on out. Biggest rush ever.

I went back and did three more jumps and decided to take the pff course. It's fuckin' expensive at $1,400.00 :(. Once you get that out of the way it isn't so bad though if you rent the gear.

If you decide to pay for your own rig (chute, chute pack, clothes, helmet, etc) it could cost upwards of $2-3000. I love it but I don't know if I want to shill out that kind of cash for it. Working at just above minimum wage sucks. Hopin I get into grad school.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sky diving

by Daniel Sun Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:58 am

You crazy mother fucker. I'm too pussy for sky diving, never had an addiction for spastic adrenaline rushes anyway. My most enjoyable activity is probably snowboarding. Funnest fucking thing in the world.
Kalk

by Kalk Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:42 pm

I skiied for 8 years. Someone asked me if I wanted to try snow boarding and i thought i didn't need a lesson so i said fuck it and went up the hill. By the time I hit the bottom both my wrists were definitely close to being broken.

It'd take a bit getting used to but I liked both of them. Haven't skiied in like... 6 or 7 years i'd say.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:40 pm

Sky dive with a snowboard attached to ya, then hit the mountain and keep going. That'd be stylin.
Kalk

by Kalk Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:15 am

Hahaha, that'd be sick. I saw videos online of people going out in cars and on motorcycles etc. Couches were pretty hilarious but I don't know about a snowboard, would freak me out if I could control my feet.

I guess I get to do um.. shit... what are they called... formations! After a few jumps I get to practice formation jumps with other instructors i guess. We go out in diamond and stars etc. I think that'd be sick.

One of the isntructors there has done over 800 jumps and told me his best jump ever was when he was in the carribean. He went up in a sketchy plane with some friends. His two friends landed in the wrong places but he jumped out, skimmed across the water and across teh sand and JUST as he landed he grabbed a beer out of his wifes hand.

That'd be nuts.
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:55 am

I'm with Dan, Too pussy to do something like that
besides I'm apparently afraid of heights
Oh and big sums of money disappearing lol
Kalk

by Kalk Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:16 am

Yeah, I'm not a fan of spending shitloads either. I used to race superbikes in the national circuit but because of costs and some shithead sabotaging my bike I had to take leave.

$5,000 for 4 weekends. Quite a chunk of change.
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:44 am

Son of a bitch, we shall plot to kill this man lol
NintendoAgent
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by NintendoAgent Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:34 pm

I am planning to tandem jump this spring! My dad did it, my mom did it and it looks so much fun. I plan to have my first jump in tape and of course the tape will be expensive but worth it!
Kalk

by Kalk Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:29 am

Yeah the tape is like $70, kind of annoying but compared to the jump it`s not as expensive lol. It`s WELL worth the money. Not easy to replicate the expression that will be on your face haha.
NintendoAgent
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by NintendoAgent Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:23 pm

I swore once you were 18, the jump was hell of a lot cheaper then the tandem. I am guessing in some areas it varies. The place i was planning to jump off to is called "The Drop Zone" it's really nice to stay there for the whole day and have bomb fires while there is free red bull.
Kalk

by Kalk Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:12 am

Yeah, that's fucked up eh? Taking the course for me was around $220 but the amount it cost for a tandem was $275.

For the tandem you go up to 10,000 feet (long flight) and for the solo you go up 3,500 feet. FOr the tandem I guess you're paying for the instructors time but for the solo you only have to pay for the jumpmasters* time.

Jumpmaster: someone who HAS to be in the plane to make sure the jumps go correctly. The only time there isn't a jumpmaster in the plane is when there are jumpers who all have the status or one is a jumpmaster.
NintendoAgent
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by NintendoAgent Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Is there a perfect time in to get on the plane? I am sure i'm going to do one jump for the day, I just want that one jump to e epic as possible.
rgangsta
Super Nova
Super Nova

by rgangsta Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:54 am

Kalk, you've got balls to jump out of a plane. I'd never do that, even if the plane was going to crash. :lol:
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:34 am

Rg I'd happily Die in a Plane with you
(Although Better Instincts tell me My Body would eventually just move it'self out the door of the Plane, Throwing away the Effects of my Heights Fear lololol)
Kalk

by Kalk Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:07 am

it's not so bad once you jump out lol

I do admit, it's pretty fuckin freaky when the chute finally deploys and you're hanging above the earth at around 3,000 feet by a small chute and staring at the ground.
Aku saturos
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Aku saturos Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:39 pm

Too Bad i cant go Sky Diving Because im Akrophobic, Plus its Dangerous to perform but However Its nice to the the point of view of a City for example
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:58 pm

Aku saturos wrote:Too Bad i cant go Sky Diving Because im Akrophobic, Plus its Dangerous to perform but However Its nice to the the point of view of a City for example

HELLA good view lol
But scary as shit (For me at-least)
Aku saturos
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Aku saturos Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:36 am

Vandheer Lorde II wrote:
Aku saturos wrote:Too Bad i cant go Sky Diving Because im Akrophobic, Plus its Dangerous to perform but However Its nice to the the point of view of a City for example

HELLA good view lol
But scary as shit (For me at-least)

More like Suicidal when your Parachute dont Deploy
Kalk

by Kalk Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:52 am

Isane? maybe. Suicidal? I don't think so. Unless you don't put a chute on. When you jump out you believe that your chute will work. If it does, then that just sucks.

I'm signing up monday for my PFF program to jump out at 10,000 feet. Might get a few videos then post them here.
Vandheer Lorde II

by Vandheer Lorde II Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:29 am

Kalk wrote:Isane? maybe. Suicidal? I don't think so. Unless you don't put a chute on. When you jump out you believe that your chute will work. If it does, then that just sucks.

I'm signing up monday for my PFF program to jump out at 10,000 feet. Might get a few videos then post them here.

sweet
Can't wait
-EVIL DIARY STEP 1
Targets Appearance- CHECK^^ :twisted:

Just Joking
Aku saturos
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Aku saturos Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:45 am

Im kind of scared that if i jump out of the sky i could feel that im going to fast then hit the ground
NintendoAgent
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by NintendoAgent Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:53 pm

Kalk wrote:Isane? maybe. Suicidal? I don't think so. Unless you don't put a chute on. When you jump out you believe that your chute will work. If it does, then that just sucks.

Once you jump, are you going to form a circle then split off to do some insane stuff in the sky?
Kalk

by Kalk Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:16 pm

Nah, I'm going to learn how to maneouvre, left and right, barrel roles etc and how to deploy my own chute. After you figure out the basics then you cna go up by yourself to do all the crazy shit and formations with others.
Aku saturos
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Aku saturos Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:36 pm

Which i love in sports by the way is BMX but i dont really do stunts as always cause when i watch some few videos in Most daring When bikers try to make a video of it theres always disaster. Fractured leg.Jaw break,And his head got hit the ground within 14 feet without even a helmet and he got into the coma for 8 months, Mouth bleeds spills faster like a fountain. so i just usually race and always go to plain areas not terrains,curve, Flat
Return to General