General chit-chat here..
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bleach Quincy Arc

by Daniel Sun Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:53 am

Followers of the Bleach Manga - How do we feel about the current Quincy Arc?
I think this Arc is actually splendid! Okay I wont say its splendid - perhaps good? Take that with a grain of salt... It certainly isn't without it's flaws.

Pro - Beginning & first invasion
This Arc began on incredible footing, the first 'half' has been powerful and well paced. The introduction to the Quinces (while itself being no Surprise), it was emotionally impactful to discover just how dangerous they are and how threatening it is to our established crew. Suspense was quickly built and I was instantly engaged. I didn't think Bleach could have bounced back from the previous two arcs - very sudden and very good.

This shit right here, an amazing moment

Con - Royal Guard training
I don't have a problem with the dorky Royal Guards - I'm glad that they are extremely charismatic - Thought it would be nice to have some more traditional 'bad assness' included. With that said, once the Royal Guard fight, I believe we will see a 'hooly fuk awsum!' side to their character.
With that said, I wasn't exactly excited about the 'special training' that Ichigo, Renji, Rukia went through - that was somewhat... unsatisfying. Nothing really happened, at least nothing we have seen which explained or justified such a power increase for these characters. I like our new powerup'ed heroes, but what was the significant thing that made them so strong? Was is the food? For instance, bankai Rukia - awesome... but how?

Would've been nice to learn more about this place.

Pro - Ichigo Flash back
Aizen, Gin, Tosen- I enjoyed these characters very much. Shinigami vs Hax Hollow > awesome. It was like a taste of what Bleach once was during the final moments of the Soul Society Arc.

This right here, awesome.

Con - Ichigo Flash back
The result of this flash back was to explain the 'true nature' of Ichigo's powers... which I think is confusing and retarded. Ichigo had 2 very defined power types - Shinigami and Hollow:
These powers where represented with Old Man Zangetsu as Shinigami, and White Hollow Ichigo as the hollow. That's all changed now as this thrid 'Quincy' power has been thrown into the mix.... So apparently his 'Inner Hollow' is actually his Sword Spirit and his old Sword Spirit is his Quincy powers... or... something.... ah it's fkn stupid.

Somebody explain all this to me!?! Zengetsu is bach, and the hollow is a shinigami, but bankai zapakto is young bach even though bach was actually representing quincy powers and... wtff?

Now, regarding the 2nd invasion (which is what we are currently reading), I think it's both good and bad. Can't really lean on either side at the moment. Waiting to see how it unfolds.
All in all, i'm still a happy Bleach Reader.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

Re: Bleach Quincy Arc

by Omar Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:57 am

You know i use to love Bleach and all, but i got a bit bored of Bleach after over-exploding it myself with the Manga and Anime.
I can't really give an opinion... :(
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:40 am

Omar wrote:You know i use to love Bleach and all, but i got a bit bored of Bleach after over-exploding it myself with the Manga and Anime.
I can't really give an opinion... :(

The bleach anime became a pile of dog shit I agree
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:53 pm

There's too many fillers! It's sooooooooo fucking boring.
I prefer to see other animes. and they're a lot more entertaining. Yes, my avatar is Sword Art Releated, but there's so much good animes with good stories that you'll enjoy it.
sparky
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by sparky Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:28 pm

I'm still keeping up with the Manga. I'm liking it still. Lol
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:06 am

Yeah it's progressing nicely