General chit-chat here..
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forum Refreshed!!!!!!

by Daniel Sun Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:46 am

There was once a flourishing land of soil, salt and sunlight. It was a marvelous place enjoyed by many. This land had a sense of moralship, structure, order and brotherhoodly love for all it inhabitants - big or small. It was ruled by a mighty creator, one who achieved marvelous things. For a thousand years peace was plentiful and the food was sweet. The mighty creator made sure that everyone was well fed.

One day, the creator sought to travel. He would leave on a quest for greater purpose, and return with the most exotic food for the enjoyment of his friends. The creator promised he would return on every trip, however each trip would increase in it's duration... until he never returned... and in this absence, terror would unfold.

A great army of killers, creatures and things sought to concur the land. At first there was only a few, however they grew in numbers as countless as the rains of winter, the world soon fell into darkness. The entire inhabitants grew old and frail as the foundations of a thriving society was struck at its heel... and for those who held onto the ways of old, they sought to defend the society from the evil. It was a perilous cause. Many years past by, many more lives too. All hope was lost.

So they thought...
Long forgotten was the promise. A myth covered in a blanket of dust.
But a promise is a promise...

FROM THE ASHES OF WHAT ONCE WAS grew FIRE! The ground became hot, red, then fire! And with that it burned away the darkness and light up the Sun! The snakes, killers and thieves... suddenly smashed into oblivion! Like a snap of the fingers, the great one returned in heated rage! Punishing those who would destroy the things he loved!

Only few survived - few that had proven themselves to be figure heads of a new world.
These chosen ones will be important for the future. They would return to lead the way for the children who did not see the flames, lighting the way for them into a would so bright, it was be daylight for eternity!

In short, sorry I let the forum get out of hand with bots, and sorry I stopped posting here. I just felt that the site NEEDED an update before I would get back into the forums.... Either way, I can't delay one thing because of another! So I'm not focusing on 3 tasks at a time! Developing Game1, developing Game2, Rebuilding my site and forum!

ALL SPAM BOTS ARE GONE!!!! ALL OF THEM!!!! I've deleted like.... 500+ spam accounts.
NEW THEME!!! Looks pretty cuuurrll :0
UPDATED PHPBB!! So hopefully there are some cool new features + better security.

soo... YAAAY :D :D :D :D
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

Re: Forum Refreshed!!!!!!

by Omar Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:24 am

Oh mighty creator, you've come back!
The guardians you left us and have abandoned us and left the land to deteriorate.
I managed to survive the misery, the horror of the lands! I thought you would never come back and restore the land to it's former glory.

The people of the land have left us. But I stayed loyal to you, oh creator.
We have fallen, but we will rise again!

Good to see the forum back Daniel, I missed this forum and I thought you would never fix it.
Now we need the community back in here.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:38 pm

Omar wrote:Oh mighty creator, you've come back!
The guardians you left us and have abandoned us and left the land to deteriorate.
I managed to survive the misery, the horror of the lands! I thought you would never come back and restore the land to it's former glory.

The people of the land have left us. But I stayed loyal to you, oh creator.
We have fallen, but we will rise again!

Good to see the forum back Daniel, I missed this forum and I thought you would never fix it.
Now we need the community back in here.

Indeed, it is unacceptable that there are little to no active members... My mission, to build it all back!
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:46 pm

If you ever played Metal Gear Solid 3.
And without spoiling of course, a main character of the game says "Loyal to the end."
And I was loyal to the end. Lets just hope some of our old members return, and maybe the two moderators you assigned to take care of the forum.

Come on Dan, where are thy loyal Facebook followers?
I'll be putting up some topics just to see if we generate some chatter.
Blackout
Eagle Nebula
Eagle Nebula

by Blackout Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:16 pm

Love to see AwW back in full force :)!
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:52 pm

Blackout wrote:Love to see AwW back in full force :)!

Good to have you back!
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Cosminel Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:13 pm

yaaaaay I'm back:3
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:49 pm

Welcome back!!
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:41 pm

Wow, good to see the forum coming back to live!
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:52 pm

We're finally re-building.
Welcome back Everyone!
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:43 am

16thSquadSanseki wrote:Wow, good to see the forum coming back to live!

Indeed! Welcome back to the forums! It's little quite around here.... but not for long... We will have a healthy user base very soon. The Sun-Studios & facebook page has nearly 2000 followers all together, just need to give them a reason to join the forums.
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:34 am

You should say that we have Fun and pizza.
That only the cool kids hang-out in Sun-Studios.net and that the forums has a one week preview of Armed with Wings content here and even a "possible game beta" would be for Sun-Studios members.
Remember when you announced Power Star 4 would be "watchable" if you signed up to the Sun-Studio forums.
you should do that to lure in some new people.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:18 am

Omar wrote:You should say that we have Fun and pizza.
That only the cool kids hang-out in Sun-Studios.net and that the forums has a one week preview of Armed with Wings content here and even a "possible game beta" would be for Sun-Studios members.
Remember when you announced Power Star 4 would be "watchable" if you signed up to the Sun-Studio forums.
you should do that to lure in some new people.

Good point. Need to catch them like pokemon
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:10 pm

You already got your pokémon to capture other pokémon!
:D
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:40 pm

Also, I think it would be good if you posted about new blogs here too (unless that falls under "AwW content", then sorry for repeating :P). I didn't see any option to receive notifications about them and I doubt anyone refreshes the site constantly.
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:08 am

16thSquadSanseki wrote:Also, I think it would be good if you posted about new blogs here too (unless that falls under "AwW content", then sorry for repeating :P). I didn't see any option to receive notifications about them and I doubt anyone refreshes the site constantly.

Yeah - I've got a few things to figure out..... time for a mental spill:

New sun-studios site is coming real soon - it will still use the forum for blog posts
Want to redo the amredwithwings website to have blogs feed from this forum, linking the sites together.
I've got a friend who is going to help me do a new NEW sun-studios site for the future > that will probably be wordpress
When that happens, then I'll be posting blogs through wordpress
At that point, aww.com will have blogs feed through the forum alone, if the SS site is wordpress than aww should prob be wordpress too
ahhh..... so should I even make aww have blogs feed from this forum?

I'll figure it out.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:24 am

Daniel Sun wrote:
16thSquadSanseki wrote:Also, I think it would be good if you posted about new blogs here too (unless that falls under "AwW content", then sorry for repeating :P). I didn't see any option to receive notifications about them and I doubt anyone refreshes the site constantly.

Yeah - I've got a few things to figure out..... time for a mental spill:

New sun-studios site is coming real soon - it will still use the forum for blog posts
Want to redo the amredwithwings website to have blogs feed from this forum, linking the sites together.
I've got a friend who is going to help me do a new NEW sun-studios site for the future > that will probably be wordpress
When that happens, then I'll be posting blogs through wordpress
At that point, aww.com will have blogs feed through the forum alone, if the SS site is wordpress than aww should prob be wordpress too
ahhh..... so should I even make aww have blogs feed from this forum?

I'll figure it out.

Blogs feed from the forum is great idea IMO (wasn't it like that on the beginning?).

- Forum members will be notified.
- All the comments would be posted in one place (forum) allowing more interaction and possible discussion.
- That's more reasons for people to register on the forum (even though you can comment as guest, it may still encourage them).

I think it's just easier to keep track of for everyone.

I don't know much about wordpress, so I can't tell about that but if it means I'd have to register on another website to follow the blog, then it doesn't sound very good :/ Unless you'd post on the forum every time new blog is published, then I guess I'm ok with that.

BTW, are you planning to add some Feedback section for suggestions/problems about the site or the forum?
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:30 am

I would love to leave suggestions for you Dan.
When developing the new Sun-studios website, I recommend you to add a "recent post" feature. where new recent posts made by members can be viewable and people could find "x" topic interesting.

How about it?
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:53 pm

BTW, will the AwW pictures be posted on the forum? Just asking 'cause I keep seeing new ones on facebook o .o
Even posting them all in one thread would be good I guess.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:10 pm

Posting them in one thread, sounds like a good idea actually.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:01 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:Posting them in one thread, sounds like a good idea actually.

Yeah, I mean there's probably no need to post each of them separately but one thread that would be bumped whenever there is something new would be nice.

Also do you check whole art section? 'cause there is the artwork part on the site and I'm thinking about creating a separate thread only for AwW fanart to make it easier for you to follow. There's not much activity yet though, so for now it's just a thought.
sparky
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova

by sparky Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:24 am

500+ spam accounts? Dear God...
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist

by Omar Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:06 am

Hey dude.
Make sure you check out the chat forum. post anything off-topic and random, just don't spam anything in there please.
we need interesting stuff here, enough to attract more members for the upcoming Armed with Wings game.

yeah.
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole

by 16thSquadSanseki Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:10 am

BTW, we need new and/or better rendered emotes 'cause they just don't look good on dark background :D
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:23 pm

16thSquadSanseki wrote:BTW, we need new and/or better rendered emotes 'cause they just don't look good on dark background :D

I'll look into that.
In fact I want to adjust the forum style to look more like the new site.
Return to General